D23 Expo 2015 - Who's in? Roll call!

Two questions. First time going and trying to do my best to plan without wasting a ton of time. I'm coming with the girlfriend and we are Gold Members, I know it will help to get us in early but are there STILL an insane amount of Gold Members too? We are planning on spending the night, yes starting at 10pm because our whole reason for going to the expo is for the Saturday morning presentation but in reading the threads no one really has an idea if it's worth it or not and if they'll walk us all back outside. Really would love to get that clarified. What can I say I'm a big fan or sleeping :P

I don't think gold matters for the morning Hall presentation. It means early access to the trade show floor.

I think there are lots of gold members. Probably not a big advantage.

Ok so last question. I have to pick my tickets up at will call Friday morning, so if I line up at 5AM for the show with my spouse, can one of us grab the tickets at 7am when will call opens? I would really be bummed if we drove 6 hours to get in line early then one of us can't get back in line just because of the will call issue.

I think the new rules are stating that all members of your party must be in line together, no holding spaces. That would imply that you both need to pick up your tickets. Someone else had this same question and was told that he must pick up his tickets before he and his GF will be able to stand in line.

So am I understanding that there will be one line for saturday morning to get into either the panel or the stores? If your whole party is in the line when it opens up, can A few bug out to get a shopping pass and then get back into line for the panel? Once the doors are open how do you get to to where you need to go to get the shopping pass? We plan on camping out over night from 10 and are just trying to figure out how to do this.

Do gold members get a better chance to get to the shopping passes or just the main floor?

If the line for Hall D23 gets full, will they actually cut off the line? I'd hate to wake up to get in line at 5am, and wait 5 HOURS just to then find out we ain't getting in.

I hope they stick to the plan of directing everyone to Hall E up until 7:00 on Friday and Saturday. If I'm reading between the lines correctly you could arrive at 6:59 and be directed to the back of a very long line or arrive at 7:00 and be towards the front of the non-overnight line.

I hope they stick to the plan of directing everyone to Hall E up until 7:00 on Friday and Saturday. If I'm reading between the lines correctly you could arrive at 6:59 and be directed to the back of a very long line or arrive at 7:00 and be towards the front of the non-overnight line.
What would the difference between being at the back of the overnight line and the front of the non-overnight be?

I doubt the majority of people will be doing overnight line up. It's just not that kind of convention (ie SDCC). My guess is the lines will really start to fill up around 5-6am. I don't see any reason you shouldn't be able to make the OUAT panel if you're willing to wait in line for a while. It's at 6:00 at night, so there won't be any overnight waiting for that. I spoke to someone who said that the previous years, as long as you got into line an hour or so ahead of time you would make it inside. I don't see this year being any different except for the most popular morning panels on Friday and Saturday. Good luck! I'm getting excited and a little nervous!

See, I actually had the opposite reaction. I figured all the Star Wars geeks who didn't/couldn't do SDCC have the one day passes and will be camping out at 10pm to get in. I hope you're right however! I keep reading to follow Twitter for updates on lines etc. any recommendations on which Twitter accounts to follow, especially for line information?

What would the difference between being at the back of the overnight line and the front of the non-overnight be?

If they let the entire overnight line in first before the after 7:00 line then there would be no difference. But I'm guessing the lines will be parallel to one another and will merge at some point(s). And then there's the gold early entry to the trade floor which it sounds like will only be of benefit for the after 7:00 arrivals. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

Ok so last question. I have to pick my tickets up at will call Friday morning, so if I line up at 5AM for the show with my spouse, can one of us grab the tickets at 7am when will call opens? I would really be bummed if we drove 6 hours to get in line early then one of us can't get back in line just because of the will call issue.

Unfortunately no. I'm in the same situation for Saturday morning. To line up prior to 7am inside Hall E, you must have you credentials/tickets in hand already. They won't grant access to Hall E to anyone who doesn't have their tickets. If you have to pick up from Will Call, you'll have to wait until 7am to get your tickets and then get in line after that.

I think the new rules are stating that all members of your party must be in line together, no holding spaces. That would imply that you both need to pick up your tickets. Someone else had this same question and was told that he must pick up his tickets before he and his GF will be able to stand in line.

You are correct, it's me with the same issue, and it's a real bummer. So I feel the pain lol.

So am I understanding that there will be one line for saturday morning to get into either the panel or the stores? If your whole party is in the line when it opens up, can A few bug out to get a shopping pass and then get back into line for the panel? Once the doors are open how do you get to to where you need to go to get the shopping pass? We plan on camping out over night from 10 and are just trying to figure out how to do this.

Do gold members get a better chance to get to the shopping passes or just the main floor?

I don't think so no, because there are different lines to get in, one for the presentation and a couple to get on to the floor (depending on your membership level), so if you want to be in line for the presentation, your party has to be there with you. There will be no saving of spots for people who want to get onto the show floor and then come back as I understand it.

If the line for Hall D23 gets full, will they actually cut off the line? I'd hate to wake up to get in line at 5am, and wait 5 HOURS just to then find out we ain't getting in.

It's hard to say, as it's the first year they have this. But there are rumours that they will be scanning badges, and letting people know if they are too far back. But I would definitely ask a staff member when you get there.

See, I actually had the opposite reaction. I figured all the Star Wars geeks who didn't/couldn't do SDCC have the one day passes and will be camping out at 10pm to get in. I hope you're right however! I keep reading to follow Twitter for updates on lines etc. any recommendations on which Twitter accounts to follow, especially for line information?

I've got the same feeling as you, I have a strong feeling that people will be lining up early for this. The reason people may not have lined up so early in the past is because they didn't have an area inside to do so, with food vendors and bathrooms lol.

I have a question.

I know it was talked about but i'm still confused.

My sister just bought the family gold D23 membership. We have already gotten out tickets. Can we swap the general ones out? How does this work?

Thanks for any info.

The official D23 Expo app has push notifications, if you enable them you will get updates at they are making announcements to social media - at least you could in the previous versions.

As for the line ups, they were pretty clear in 2013 that 5am was the earliest - I wasn't there before then, so I don't know if people tried to push the boundaries. But walking up to the ACC at 5am/5:05am, we were close to the Arena entrance and able to get seats just behind the Sorcerers for all the Arena presentations we attempted. It wasn't just a matter of being comfortable, they weren't allowing overnight anything.

This year? Oh how I wish I had a crystal ball! :rotfl:

The official D23 Expo app has push notifications, if you enable them you will get updates at they are making announcements to social media - at least you could in the previous versions.

As for the line ups, they were pretty clear in 2013 that 5am was the earliest - I wasn't there before then, so I don't know if people tried to push the boundaries. But walking up to the ACC at 5am/5:05am, we were close to the Arena entrance and able to get seats just behind the Sorcerers for all the Arena presentations we attempted. It wasn't just a matter of being comfortable, they weren't allowing overnight anything.

This year? Oh how I wish I had a crystal ball! :rotfl:

Right? New rules make it so hard to predict.

I guess we'll see. As a non-Star Wars fan, I had totally forgotten there is supposed to be Star Wars stuff announced. I guess I'm definitely skipping Parks and Resorts.

I think the SW geeks will be at the movie presentation, rather than the parks presentation. Just a guess, but it looks like a new trailer is all but guaranteed. They did announce they will discuss Alice, so that has my teenager daughters in a frenzy.

I think we are sticking with our early am plan. If announcements or the line make it obvious we will not make the 10:30 panel, we will head out for breakfast and then get into the gold line and hope to score a good stagepass and store pass for later.

As a SW geek, I definitely want to be there. Although I'd also like to be at the parks presentation, because I'm also a Disney geek :P The movie panel is my top choice, and if I can manage to get into any other panels, I'll be lucky and quite happy lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter