D23 Destination D 2016: Amazing Adventures - FULL AGENDA post 132 (pg7)

Boo! Not even at the other hotels? I'm not surprised Sunday is sold out for the holiday week. I guess it was already slim pickins.

@swfmco - Have y'all received your Wilderness Explorer VIP itineraries yet?

T minus 14 days!

Just showed up today. We get into the Archives exhibit 90 minutes early and MoG starting at 11 AM. Big news is the VIP evening event on Friday, a night at Animal Kingdom from 5 to 10, including a private Kilimanjaro Safari ride, a reception in Harambe, a 3-course meal at Tiffins, and "other surprises". I'm still guessing ROL, which is making me wonder if they will repeat it on Sunday night for regular folks.

So when do they traditionally announce what the evening events are for Saturday and Sunday?

Just showed up today. We get into the Archives exhibit 90 minutes early and MoG starting at 11 AM. Big news is the VIP evening event on Friday, a night at Animal Kingdom from 5 to 10, including a private Kilimanjaro Safari ride, a reception in Harambe, a 3-course meal at Tiffins, and "other surprises". I'm still guessing ROL, which is making me wonder if they will repeat it on Sunday night for regular ]folks.

IMHO it would seem odd to have ROL both evenings. It would seem like they would want to have something different on Sunday night than what the VIPS have already seen. Would be interesting if the VIPS could get a sneak peak behind the fences into Pandora with James Cameron, Jon Landau & Joe Rohde.... seems doubtful, but sure would be a nice treat.

The latest D23 email says that the resort monorail will start at 7 am that weekend.

IMHO it would seem odd to have ROL both evenings. It would seem like they would want to have something different on Sunday night than what the VIPS have already seen. Would be interesting if the VIPS could get a sneak peak behind the fences into Pandora with James Cameron, Jon Landau & Joe Rohde.... seems doubtful, but sure would be a nice treat.
The three events at DAK for the VIPs Friday night are confined to the left/west side of that park. A detour into Pandora could easily be done. The question is lighting, since sunset is around 7 pm. Also, will the Kilimanjaro sunset safari, Harambe Marketplace reception, and the Tiffins dinner really last five hours?

Just showed up today. We get into the Archives exhibit 90 minutes early and MoG starting at 11 AM. Big news is the VIP evening event on Friday, a night at Animal Kingdom from 5 to 10, including a private Kilimanjaro Safari ride, a reception in Harambe, a 3-course meal at Tiffins, and "other surprises". I'm still guessing ROL, which is making me wonder if they will repeat it on Sunday night for regular folks.

Maybe Jingle Bell Jingle Bam on Sunday night? Would be just my luck today to have no ROL on Sunday.

The latest D23 email says that the resort monorail will start at 7 am that weekend.

I'm not sure I'm getting these emails. Is this in the Nov 3 D23 Fanfare. Or something else?

No, the D23 email that I mentioned was this morning's email to Wilderness Explorer ticket holders.

"If planning to drive to the Walt Disney World Resort, please park at the Magic Kingdom parking lot and proceed to the Ticket and Transportation Station. Once there, please board the Monorail to Disney’s Contemporary Resort. The Monorails begin operating at 7 a.m. daily."

No, the D23 email that I mentioned was this morning's email to Wilderness Explorer ticket holders.

"If planning to drive to the Walt Disney World Resort, please park at the Magic Kingdom parking lot and proceed to the Ticket and Transportation Station. Once there, please board the Monorail to Disney’s Contemporary Resort. The Monorails begin operating at 7 a.m. daily."

Would that be the resort monorail, too? We'll be at the Grand Floridian.

So when do they traditionally announce what the evening events are for Saturday and Sunday?

Last time, there was no Saturday event, and the Sunday event (Pleasure Island tribute) was known from the beginning. This year, there is an announced Saturday event (Polynesian Resort tribute) and this vague "optional" Sunday night park meet up that doesn't require a park ticket to attend. Honestly, I'm at a loss as to what it is. If the VIPs weren't going to DAK on Friday, I'd say that. I'm leaning toward something in MK, like a meet at the Skipper Canteen or something else Adventureland related.

The three events at DAK for the VIPs Friday night are confined to the left/west side of that park. A detour into Pandora could easily be done. The question is lighting, since sunset is around 7 pm. Also, will the Kilimanjaro sunset safari, Harambe Marketplace reception, and the Tiffins dinner really last five hours?

Dinner at Tiffins is a good two hours, and the reception is another hour, I'd guess.

Last time, there was no Saturday event, and the Sunday event (Pleasure Island tribute) was known from the beginning. This year, there is an announced Saturday event (Polynesian Resort tribute) and this vague "optional" Sunday night park meet up that doesn't require a park ticket to attend. Honestly, I'm at a loss as to what it is. If the VIPs weren't going to DAK on Friday, I'd say that. I'm leaning toward something in MK, like a meet at the Skipper Canteen or something else Adventureland related.
The only park already closed by 8:00 that day is AK. Any other park would require a park ticket for entrance. Still hoping for AK

I think that is at 6:45, and the Sunday night thing is 8 to 9:30, I believe.

HS open til 10pm, Fantasmic is at 7pm and 9:30pm. Jingle Bell Jingle Bam is at 9pm on Sunday.

MK open til 11pm. Wishes at 10pm Sat and Sun. OUAT at 10:45pm.

Illuminations - the usual.

AK - closes at 7:30 on Sunday. They have all of the Harambe and Discovery Island entertainment listed Friday night (starting around 4:45) but not Sunday on the website, even though Friday is a 7pm close.

Ugh, really? Last time I was able to park at the CR, but that was when I was staying at SSR. Since I planned this last minute and only for me, I'm staying off-property this time and not going to any parks. Was not planning on the time (and money) of parking at TTC. Since I'm General Admission I just tweeted and e-mailed them; let's see if/when they reply.

Really wishing we knew more regarding Sunday night .... at least a confirmation of which Park would be helpful for planning. Will Saturday be Spirit if Aloha show or maybe just a reception? Inquiring minds want to know

Last edited:
Ugh, really? Last time I was able to park at the CR, but that was when I was staying at SSR. Since I planned this last minute and only for me, I'm staying off-property this time and not going to any parks. Was not planning on the time (and money) of parking at TTC. Since I'm General Admission I just tweeted and e-mailed them; let's see if/when they reply.
To update: I asked @DisneyD23 via twitter and they messaged me back that indeed we will have to park at the TTC and use the resort monorail (starting at 7:00.) And that as "parking is not included with Destination D admission" (not documented anywhere,) I will need to pay to park at TTC.

There goes another $60 I hadn't planned on....

Really wishing we knew more regarding Sunday night .... at least a confirmation of which Park would be helpful fir planning. Will Saturday be Spirit if Aloha show or maybe just a reception. Inquiring minds want to know
Tikimanpages reported that there are invitation only showings of Moana going on this month. My best bet is we get that plus maybe food and Moana character meet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter