D23 Destination D 2016: Amazing Adventures - FULL AGENDA post 132 (pg7)

What are you saying? Was there "info" shared about the special event that implied MK and being in the middle for something special?
All info said we "wouldn't want to miss" Sunday night's special event...I have a feeling it was supposed to be ROL but it wasn't ready in time. I don't consider having us go on our own to MK to be a "special event", unless they have other plans for everyone in the park? I'm confused

Anyone actually believe the special park event is mk? 2 hour something special you dont want to miss in the middle of a full park for approximately 1100 people????? the wording was too funny, i still say its ak, the only closed park and were seeing rol and maybe a ride in pandora.. i felt they were hinting that the rides is good to go, and the walkways into it sure look done with functional lighting.
I checked my MDE and there indeed is a "use anytime" Jingle Cruise FP+ in there that is good through Sunday. That would be one heck of a fake out...

More likely, there was a CHANCE of RoL but it didn't get the signoff it needed and this was all they could get from Parks.

Anyone actually believe the special park event is mk? 2 hour something special you dont want to miss in the middle of a full park for approximately 1100 people????? the wording was too funny, i still say its ak, the only closed park and were seeing rol and maybe a ride in pandora.. i felt they were hinting that the rides is good to go, and the walkways into it sure look done with functional lighting.

I hope you're right but I'm not holding my breath (well, actually I am, but trying not to). I thought something in this morning's announcement seemed off. Maybe it was that they knew we want more and were nervous about the response. The thud from the audience was deafening, I thought. I find it odd that they would offer something like this to a room full of AP holders. It's fishy.

I checked my MDE and there indeed is a "use anytime" Jingle Cruise FP+ in there that is good through Sunday. That would be one heck of a fake out...

More likely, there was a CHANCE of RoL but it didn't get the signoff it needed and this was all they could get from Parks.
Unfortunately I think this is probably spot on.

I assumed that was because sat was talking jungle cruise. probably right but not really a special surprise. today seems all about ak. cameron likes to show off. afternoon of poly and moana, see moana.

Im hoping ak, and something really special.

All info said we "wouldn't want to miss" Sunday night's special event...I have a feeling it was supposed to be ROL but it wasn't ready in time. I don't consider having us go on our own to MK to be a "special event", unless they have other plans for everyone in the park? I'm confused

Agree, it all sounds somewhat evasive. If it is ROL as many predicted, why not just announce it and create some excitement?!? As the last event of the night, you want to keep folks in attendance. They knew after the run-through last week if it was ready for prime time or not. If they were going to put it on the schedule or not. I personally don't see a reason to keep the secret if this is the special event.

NOW, in following all the feeds I heard all about Star Wars Land and ToT safe (DHS), Pandora with more to come today (AK), and the announcement that Epcot is going to be a creative focus (Epcot). Unless I missed it I saw no mention of Magic Kingdom ..... unless it comes today. What is happening with Stitch? What about the parade? What are we looking to the future? What about the parade? ;)

IF they do indeed say go to MK (which I would be surprised due to logistics of it being open) ...... based on some rumblings, I would go and not risk missing something. One rumbling would take some logistics, one rumbling would take positioning.

Last edited:
The session about Pandora was one of the oddest experiences- they were speaking as if the place was a real world - almost as if we were there in AK waiting for a ride and they were selling the storyline to us...it was weird. We kept looking at each other. I understand that they're immersed in this project, but still - very odd. Anyone else?

The session about Pandora was one of the oddest experiences- they were speaking as if the place was a real world - almost as if we were there in AK waiting for a ride and they were selling the storyline to us...it was weird. We kept looking at each other. I understand that they're immersed in this project, but still - very odd. Anyone else?

Yeahhhhhh. It lost our interest a little bit because it was so weird. My fiancée said it was cringey.

Yeahhhhhh. It lost our interest a little bit because it was so weird. My fiancée said it was cringey.

Michael Sheehy ‏@MichaelSheehyJr 1 hour ago

Me at this Avatarland conference

CxuB-3bWIAAdXan.jpg

We went to lunch and were talking to a few other people- one said he thought it sounded as if they thought their room was filled with 7 year olds. A previous presentation showed framework for some attractions. The photos were beautiful of the area, but we expected a bit more about the framework and setup

We went to lunch and were talking to a few other people- one said he thought it sounded as if they thought their room was filled with 7 year olds. A previous presentation showed framework for some attractions. The photos were beautiful of the area, but we expected a bit more about the framework and setup

We thought it was a strange presentation , too. Did they forget that they were talking to people 'in the know' about Disney & how there are great back stories for every attraction. I wanted to see ride photos (real ones not artist renderings), how they created the look of Pandora, etc. It was soooooo odd that we opted out of the afternoon presentations and went to EPCOT.
Give me Marty Sklar & photos from the Disney Archives any day!!

We thought it was a strange presentation , too. Did they forget that they were talking to people 'in the know' about Disney & how there are great back stories for every attraction. I wanted to see ride photos (real ones not artist renderings), how they created the look of Pandora, etc. It was soooooo odd that we opted out of the afternoon presentations and went to EPCOT.
Give me Marty Sklar & photos from the Disney Archives any day!!

You missed out on a great presentation from Joe Rohde. I agree it was strange, but he was fantastic to listen to. As was the vet that spoke about the animals. Joe did not really discuss a ton about Pandora, and certainly no ride photos. Still, much better than the morning.

You missed out on a great presentation from Joe Rohde. I agree it was strange, but he was fantastic to listen to. As was the vet that spoke about the animals. Joe did not really discuss a ton about Pandora, and certainly no ride photos. Still, much better than the morning.
The way he spoke about AK and some of the backstories about the wood carvings, etc. was exactly the sort of thing I was hoping to hear from the Pandora group in the morning.

The way he spoke about AK and some of the backstories about the wood carvings, etc. was exactly the sort of thing I was hoping to hear from the Pandora group in the morning.

Yeah that afternoon session (the final 2 presentations) were great!

So what was the big event last night?? I really wanted to attend this but wasn't able so I've been trying to folkow along here.

Anyone feel like doing an event summary? :)

I got more out of his discussion of the root design for the floating island trees than I did from the morning Pandora presentation.

So what was the big event last night?? I really wanted to attend this but wasn't able so I've been trying to folkow along here.

Anyone feel like doing an event summary? :)

It was on your own time in mk. As we exited the last session, they offered mk tickets to those needing admission, but there was no formal gathering. I will be firing off an email because I specifically booked my return flight for today instead of last night to accommodate.

What are you saying? Was there "info" shared about the special event that implied MK and being in the middle for something special?

An evening in a very crowded already MK. nothing special but a use anytime that night jungle cruise fastpass. I went in originally planning to ride btmr but it was so crowded I just about faced and went home. They did give tickets to anyone that needed them, I think there was a max of about 100 people in line, everyone else just didn't care or were already passholders and didn't need it.

The original agenda had a fine print that it would be something special and you wouldn't want to miss it. this was not special and many people attending already hit the parks ahead of destination.

At least I didn't pay $900 more for vip. They got ripped off big time. basically an AK after hours evening with an included dinner at tiffins. nothing you couldn't do on your own for much less money.

I really enjoyed it so I'm not really complaining that there wasn't anything special. It was 2 great days of talks, met a lot of visiting vips. met a lot of great people who I will be hitting the parks time to time with as many of them are locals. Ran into a few people I met that were on previous trips.

I am going to do this show again, but if they want to even attempt to sell me vip, there better be much more details in what $900 more a ticket is going to get me. I would even travel in to see this show. I love the parks and this was mostly about the parks. Moana prevew was actually something special to me. I found the movie better than I thought, and it was interesting watching it on the beach. (and they had a real screen, projector and sound system for it, not the cheap things that use for nightly movies).

An evening in a very crowded already MK. nothing special but a use anytime that night jungle cruise fastpass. I went in originally planning to ride btmr but it was so crowded I just about faced and went home. They did give tickets to anyone that needed them, I think there was a max of about 100 people in line, everyone else just didn't care or were already passholders and didn't need it.

The original agenda had a fine print that it would be something special and you wouldn't want to miss it. this was not special and many people attending already hit the parks ahead of destination.

At least I didn't pay $900 more for vip. They got ripped off big time. basically an AK after hours evening with an included dinner at tiffins. nothing you couldn't do on your own for much less money.

I really enjoyed it so I'm not really complaining that there wasn't anything special. It was 2 great days of talks, met a lot of visiting vips. met a lot of great people who I will be hitting the parks time to time with as many of them are locals. Ran into a few people I met that were on previous trips.

I am going to do this show again, but if they want to even attempt to sell me vip, there better be much more details in what $900 more a ticket is going to get me. I would even travel in to see this show. I love the parks and this was mostly about the parks. Moana prevew was actually something special to me. I found the movie better than I thought, and it was interesting watching it on the beach. (and they had a real screen, projector and sound system for it, not the cheap things that use for nightly movies).

No not my question. I knew about the special event fine print and at the time you posted wondered what had been said different where you had MK in thoughts. Now we all know what happened that night. Glad you enjoyed - almost booked but decided on beach instead. Next time!

No not my question. I knew about the special event fine print and at the time you posted wondered what had been said different where you had MK in thoughts. Now we all know what happened that night. Glad you enjoyed - almost booked but decided on beach instead. Next time!

They opened the event saying it was going to be MK but everyone kind of looked at each other saying "how is that special". It was the talk around the ashtray most of the weekend. It was a little confusing as some people had some exact details like their friends where suppose to work AK and an ROL showing sunday night.

Lines app gossip is that James Cameron watched a showing of ROL this weekend and it went well. Not surprising.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter