• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cypress Pointe overbooked-we were bumped out!!!

:grouphug: I have my reservation through HK set for next month. I booked this on the phone with them and they were very nice. I do not know Orlando and they even emailed me directions to the places I want to go to. I hope that nothing happens to my reservation. They have assured me that this incident was isolated and that the people that cause it at VRI are no longer working there. What I do not uderstand is if HK & VRI worked together to upgrade you to a three bedroom from a two bedroom why do you still want a refund. Isn't this a little greedy? Did you have a good trip and stay at the hotel?

:grouphug: I have my reservation through HK set for next month. I booked this on the phone with them and they were very nice. I do not know Orlando and they even emailed me directions to the places I want to go to. I hope that nothing happens to my reservation. They have assured me that this incident was isolated and that the people that cause it at VRI are no longer working there. What I do not uderstand is if HK & VRI worked together to upgrade you to a three bedroom from a two bedroom why do you still want a refund. Isn't this a little greedy? Did you have a good trip and stay at the hotel?

Hi, I notice this is your first post. ;) Hopefully, you'll have a good trip.

I would reiterate what I already said. Maybe HK was "involved" in some way with VRI's solving of the problem (the OP would certainly have no way of knowing that), but the rooms were delivered via VRI not HK. Therefore, HK should have refunded their money.

Whether or not VRI gave them a better room or whether they had a good stay at the hotel is irrelevant. HK did not deliver what they contracted to deliver. IMHO, that's the whole point. Also, it concerns me that they don't see that point.

According to what HK posted they were working with VRI. If she booked with hk in the first place and then they put her in a three bedroom then you are right she did not get what she wanted. SHE GOT BETTER!!! I just wanted to know how her stay was since I am going to be there next month. When I booked they were very nice to me and I could not ask for better people to talk to.:grouphug:

To clarify: VRI made things right in getting me another room at the perviously paid rate. They did not work together. Hotel Kingdom refused to do anything other than offer me the room at the Blue Tree for $50 more per night. And when I suggested that *someone* needed to comp me so that I would pay *only* the original price. I still paid full price for the room in addition to the deposit that was not refunded, and when I questioned this, the witch at HK laughed and said, "We're not going to comp you anything., and neither is VRI!" I do not see how I am being greedy. Can you explain how expecting to end up paying what I originally paid in the first place is greedy? Because I am not getting it.

This would also be my perspective. When they didn't deliver what was promised, they should have refunded all the money since the poster did not want Blue Tree (particularly at a higher cost). Even though it was VRI's "fault", HK should have given a full refund.

Maybe HK was "there" when VRI was working it out. If that was the case, the rooms should have been provided via HK. Since they weren't, HK should have refunded all of the money. I'm like the OP, this would have left a very bad taste in my mouth.

Based on user's post, it doesn't sound like HK sees their culpability in this (assuming user is affiliated with HK), and that's unfortunate.

That's exactly my point. In the end. it was VRI's screw up, but HK that I vow never to do business with again, because VRI took steps to correct the situation and provided good service recovery and HK was worthless.
Thanks for "getting it". :love:

What I meant by greedy was this, Did you get an upgrade? Was it for the same price as the original reservation? and have you asked VRI how they booked you if it was thourgh HK? If something goes wrong with my I pray they upgrade me.:grouphug:

Update.

I just got off the phone with Hotel Kingdom. Apparently someone there actually does care what people think.

As it turns out, so I am told, HK did have a hand in booking my final room, something that was not communicated to me by the Office Manager witch person that laughed at me. She told me that I'd handled my final reservation through VRI directly and since I was canceling the Blue Tree, I was not entitled to a refund. Had she told me that HK did have something to do with getting me the room (and I do not yet have proof of this- it is being sent via email tonight), I would not have been so upset at the way it was all handled. Had she spoken to me with a shred of empathy for my situation and without the condescending tone, all of this could have been avoided. Had she given me one ounce of respect as the customer, I may not have filed the complaint with the BBB against them. She was absolutely uninterested in taking the time to solve my problem or in helping me to understand what was being done to try to solve the problem. It's all in communication. Perhaps she needs to go to a customer service seminar. Will I use them again? Who knows. Definitely not if I get her on the phone.

What I meant by greedy was this, Did you get an upgrade? Was it for the same price as the original reservation? and have you asked VRI how they booked you if it was thourgh HK? If something goes wrong with my I pray they upgrade me.:grouphug:

The OP would have needed to get her deposit back from HK for the VRI upgrade to be completely complementary (extended to her b/c of the hassles she when through; initial panic, phone calls, etc.) For the economic "value" of the upgrade you seem interested in........ here's some math, OP can correct me if I'm wrong. Assumes VRI charged current HK pricing and did not reduce for nonrefundable deposit.

HK cost of 2br = 99.12 ; 3br = 141.60 : difference 42.28

value of upgrade 42.48 x 8 days = $340

deposit not refunded = $120

"Value" of upgrade = 340 - 120 = $220

Nice, but if OP was just as happy with 2br, OP still has spent $120 more than anticipated. So, if I understand everything correctly, the upgrade wasn't completely free, cost $120 in the end. It sounds like the OP was treated in a rude manner and preferred not to have any money go to HK after that, understandable to me.

Update.

I just got off the phone with Hotel Kingdom. Apparently someone there actually does care what people think.

As it turns out, so I am told, HK did have a hand in booking my final room, something that was not communicated to me by the Office Manager witch person that laughed at me. She told me that I'd handled my final reservation through VRI directly and since I was canceling the Blue Tree, I was not entitled to a refund. Had she told me that HK did have something to do with getting me the room (and I do not yet have proof of this- it is being sent via email tonight), I would not have been so upset at the way it was all handled. Had she spoken to me with a shred of empathy for my situation and without the condescending tone, all of this could have been avoided. Had she given me one ounce of respect as the customer, I may not have filed the complaint with the BBB against them. She was absolutely uninterested in taking the time to solve my problem or in helping me to understand what was being done to try to solve the problem. It's all in communication. Perhaps she needs to go to a customer service seminar. Will I use them again? Who knows. Definitely not if I get her on the phone.

Hmmm, would you say they got better with their communication skills after they probably heard from the BBB? Sounds like it to me.

I still think you're due a refund. That's great that they were involved, but in that case the rooms should have been delivered through them. That would have saved you an awful lot of trouble in the meantime. They basically had employees treated you with contempt, but now they seem to want to let you know how much they were really trying to help you (again, BBB?). They handled this very badly IMHO.

Hi my name is Cherryse and I am the reservations manager for Hotel Kingdom.com and have been for 5-years. I was the one unfortunately to have to give you bad news and no one will say anyone is nice when they have to give bad news (which by the way I hated doing). Had it been in my control to comp you or reduce the rate for the Blue tree (the resort that was recommend by someone else previously) I would have done it in a heart beat but that was not in my control nor was refunding the downpayment when Cypress rebooked the reservation through us. Office policy states we will not give a refund if the customer is still using our service and that is office policy I just have to give the information out and sometimes when people are upset they only hear the negative. However I have never had any complaint from anyone in 5-years of being at HotelKingdom.com. I absolutely love what I do and love helping customers make reservations. I will continue to service customers with a smile and would never under any circumstances laugh at a customer. That is not in my nature as a manager or a human being who understands how awful this situation was and took a huge part in fixing it for you and several other customers. We also just sent you the paperwork you requested by email showing in the end that the reservation was in fact rebooked through. Once again to anyone who suffered because of this huge overbooking by VRI we completely and totally apologize.

Hi my name is Cherryse and I am the reservations manager for Hotel Kingdom.com and have been for 5-years. I was the one unfortunately to have to give you bad news and no one will say anyone is nice when they have to give bad news (which by the way I hated doing). Had it been in my control to comp you or reduce the rate for the Blue tree (the resort that was recommend by someone else previously) I would have done it in a heart beat but that was not in my control nor was refunding the downpayment when Cypress rebooked the reservation through us. Office policy states we will not give a refund if the customer is still using our service and that is office policy I just have to give the information out and sometimes when people are upset they only hear the negative. However I have never had any complaint from anyone in 5-years of being at HotelKingdom.com. I absolutely love what I do and love helping customers make reservations. I will continue to service customers with a smile and would never under any circumstances laugh at a customer. That is not in my nature as a manager or a human being who understands how awful this situation was and took a huge part in fixing it for you and several other customers. We also just sent you the paperwork you requested by email showing in the end that the reservation was in fact rebooked through. Once again to anyone who suffered because of this huge overbooking by VRI we completely and totally apologize.

Well this is an entirely different tone! Perhaps it was an off day for you. :confused3 Because yes, you were condescending and you laughed at me as you stated, and I quote, "We're not going to comp you and neither is VRI." This was at the point where all I was guaranteed was the Blue Tree room at $400 more. I do not tolerate that. Your communication skills were completely lacking. As far as I knew, once that Blue Tree room was offered, your hands were washed of it-it was my problem. If HK was still working to get me something else, I certainly wasn't made aware of it. As I told Dustin, if you had treated me with an ounce of empathy and made any attempt to let me know that HK was still trying to help me with my situation, I would never have taken it as far as I have. Say what you want about your five years, but it was my one experience with you that I will remember, and frankly, that's all I care to see.

I think your boss should drop Cypress Pointe from his list. At least for one year - until they promise in writing this won't happen to anyone else.

you bring in too much money to CP for HK guests to be treated so badly.

you know I am really surprised by this - VRI is their manager and they should have been notified when CP put the units with HK.

if anyone is at fault it is CP and they should have helped you more.

It sures makes you feel that you were taken by both CP and HK.

I think a full refund is in order.

if you can't come with a full refund - maybe everyone here should stop recommending HK. I definitely will.

DisneyMomto3 - please say if HK did a refund.

until I heard from you CP is off the list of recommend hotel discount sites.

It was VRI that had a new staff hiccup that caused the double booking. Cypress Pointe itself didn't have anything to do with it. VRI managed the rentals, and VRI admitted fault. HK didn't refund. I would not expect a full refund. I still got to stay at CP in phase 1 and had a lovely time. What upsets me is the way I was treated by Cherise or however you spell it. Totally unprofessional, and a lot of unecessary stress for me. Please don't hold it against Cypress. It is a great resort and one we would consider ownership at if conditions were right for us. Up til now they just haven't been.

Thanks!!!

my dealing with HK have been excellent - but it upsets me for anyone to feel that they were taken.

especially when HK has been recommended often on this site.

It is back on the list.

thanks for clearing this up for me.

don't buy any timeshares in Orlando - too easy to trade too. buy a cheaper alternative closer to home that trades into RCI or II - CP does both.

of course, if you just have to have Christmas to NY, easter, palm or some other very, very popular week then it is best to own at the resort you want.

Thanks!!!

my dealing with HK have been excellent - but it upsets me for anyone to feel that they were taken.

especially when HK has been recommended often on this site.

It is back on the list.

thanks for clearing this up for me.

don't buy any timeshares in Orlando - too easy to trade too. buy a cheaper alternative closer to home that trades into RCI or II - CP does both.

of course, if you just have to have Christmas to NY, easter, palm or some other very, very popular week then it is best to own at the resort you want.

Spicey,

This is OT (I apologize), but I've seen a lot of timeshares for sale on ebay, and I'm sure there are other places to buy them. I'm starting to wonder whether it might be a good deal for my family.

Do the yearly charges vary a lot according to property? Does it really matter where you buy (maybe don't even plan on ever staying there, just buy there because it's cheap and you can trade into somewhere else)?

Would you be willing to elaborate on how this would work? It sounds like owners also get reduced rate deals from time to time.

Thanks!

I am not an expert - working on it - but your best source of information is

www.tug2.net - yes it is overhelming at first - but take your time study their tips and you will find that timeshares can be a good bargin.
also this site
http://www.timeshareforums.com/

my advice - find something cheap - resale close to home.

on some of the timeshares you can use their activities and pool even when you aren't staying at their resort. this can be a great deal especially if you live close to one that does this.

second don't buy in Orlando, Branson, Williamburg and one more that I don't remember. too many timeshares so they are easy to trade into a great timeshare.

I brought a cheap SA (south africia) but I won't recommend that route. Go with an United States ones - the communication lines are much easier and you generally have someone you can call (that does understand English) if you stick with this country.

also try for one (if you can) that trades to both II and RCI. - then find out which company gives you the best trades. my Landmark does not trade too well with RCI - so I never used it for RCI. It trades excellent with II - even got a DVC resort once and every time several Marriott are offered.

RCI has some nice getaways - so do both the first year. then decide who you want to kept.

the tug site has a list of the maintence fees history. look at it before you decide to buy.

that say timeshare with real cheap maintence fees beaware of - they can hit you with a big accessment fee. so instead of paying them over a long time in maintence fees. You have to pay a couple of thousands to them at once.

Spicey,

This is OT (I apologize), but I've seen a lot of timeshares for sale on ebay, and I'm sure there are other places to buy them. I'm starting to wonder whether it might be a good deal for my family.

Do the yearly charges vary a lot according to property? Does it really matter where you buy (maybe don't even plan on ever staying there, just buy there because it's cheap and you can trade into somewhere else)?

Would you be willing to elaborate on how this would work? It sounds like owners also get reduced rate deals from time to time.

Thanks!

There's a website called TUG where you can buy/sell "used" timeshares. Honestly, I think they're a terrible investment, you're just pre-paying for your vacation for the next 10-15 years in advance, and most people never get the $$ out of them, since they won't vacation at the same place for the next 10-15 years, and won't go every year. They don't appreciate in value, and they're hard if not impossible to resell if you ever decide you want to down the road. If anything invest in actual, real, real estate, like a condotel, resort property, that sort of thing, and rent it out...at least you will own a real piece of property that will appreciate over time (hopefully). Also, you can use it whenever you want...all too often we hear from friends with timeshares that they can't "get in" on the dates they want, it's booked up, this would be pretty frustrating to me after spending all that $$. Plus, they then try and sell you yet again when you show up to your own property on vacation! LOL (Can you tell I'm not a big timeshare fan?) Just some things to think about... we opted to buy a townhome that has rental income offsetting the costs...and we can go anytime we like! Of course, we do more work to get the bookings and on the property itself, that sort of thing...but we'll make $$ on it over the long run hopefully. I just don't like seeing people throw away their $$, I think you'd be better off just renting a timeshare from other people or just paying for your vacations for the next 10 years if that's what you're really interested in...there's just so much unused timeshare time out there.

value, and they're hard if not impossible to resell if you ever decide you want to down the road.

that is why you buy resale and only if the person selling is willing to meet your offer.

they can offer their timeshares for $10,000 - but it is really worth $2,000 - offer $2,000. You might be turned down a couple of times. but someone will take it.

www.tug2.net is a wonderful place to see what timeshare are really worth.

NEVER, NEVER, NEVER buy from a developer.

all timeshares have rules on when you need to place your reservations.

Landmark says the Fri a week before the week you want a year in advance. if you call on Sat - sorry all gone. (yea I know in their dreams - but they get money for renting them)

another thing to watch is the maintence fees if you get a fixed week not floating - and the place actually rents that week for cheaper than your maintence fees - BIG, BIG PROBLEM.

I have some co-workers who won't even discuss their problems with me. they have some big problems caused by Fairfield - the sales person lied - but they are still stuck, too.

DVC, Marriott and HGVC have gone up in value.

DVC is pretty wonderful!!! very flexible. if they have available you can get it from 11 months to 1 day before your arrival. Some members have actually shown up without a reservation --- now I won't ever recommend this. DVC stay very, very close to sold out. they rent their excess thru CRO at 60 days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter