• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cypress Pointe overbooked-we were bumped out!!!

DisneyMomto3

Can't wait to go back!
Has this happened to anyone else? I booked my reservation for a 2BR/2BA villa at Cypress Pointe Grandevillas in NOVEMBER, and was notified on Friday that VRI overbooked the resort and was cancelling our reservation, 14 DAYS BEFORE WE ARE SCHEDULED TO BE THERE!!! We booked through hotelkingdom.com and the best we were able to get is a 2BR room at a nearby resort for $50 more per day (we're staying 8 nights). I think they owe us bigtime. Their error is cutting $400 out of our vacation budget. The alternative is to tell our 3 small children that we won't be going to Disney this year. I am furious.

Has this happened to anyone else? I booked my reservation for a 2BR/2BA villa at Cypress Pointe Grandevillas in NOVEMBER, and was notified on Friday that VRI overbooked the resort and was cancelling our reservation, 14 DAYS BEFORE WE ARE SCHEDULED TO BE THERE!!! We booked through hotelkingdom.com and the best we were able to get is a 2BR room at a nearby resort for $50 more per day (we're staying 8 nights). I think they owe us bigtime. Their error is cutting $400 out of our vacation budget. The alternative is to tell our 3 small children that we won't be going to Disney this year. I am furious.

I would be furious too! Especially if they didn't offer any compensation. Did you originally book through hotel kingdom, or just to find a resort to replace cypress point? $400 is a big jump in budget!

I would be furious also. Try going to www.vrbo or other rental sites to check. Hotel Kingdom should give you a complete refund and not charge you any more for an alternative place to stay.

I booked through hotelkingdom. They found us a room at a nearby resort, and originally it was $100 more per night, and the HK rep talked them down to $50 more per night. We are furious.

Guess my avatar says it all.

Check vrbo.com....might find an open pool home still. That's Easter / peak week.....tough time to find anything open. Pretty inexcusable though to ruin someone's vacation like that.

Somebody is responsible, and it isn't you!

The one bright thing is that at least you know. My Mum turned up in Hawaii in the middle of the night to be told her hotel was booked full and she had pre-paid, confirmation number, and the hotel had to find her somewhere else at no extra charge.

So I would be expecting that someone - hotel kingdom or the property should be responsible for finding you somewhere to stay at no extra charge to you. It is not your fault they overbooked.....demand to speak with a manager, this is downright ridiculous.

Did you purchase by credit card? if so at least if you find something else then you should be able to get all your money back.

UGH! They have simply refunded our money and apologized. I just called the resort directly and ripped someone a new one. He told me they overbooked and there is nothing he could do. I informed him that I am quite sure it was NOT overbooked when I placed and paid for my reservation in NOVEMBER. He asked me if I could change my dates and my husband and I are going over our options now. We were offered to rebook at another time and be comped a few days. If we do that, I may insist on some Dis tix too. This is BS!!!!

Jen - I'm with you...I'd be confident that they weren't fully booked back in November. I would expect more than a few days comp...heck united airlines gave me a gift certificate for $200.00 just because my monitor didn't work...I'm thinking cancelling my room would warrant somewhat of a grander gesture seeing most people already have their travel plans.

Send Mainebound a PM....she found a few open pool homes on VRBO for your dates the other day for another person who has an "issue". Also, if you like I can check on a private owner referral network for you... need dates and # of bedrooms you would like to do it, feel free to send me a PM with your info...it goes out to pool home owners in WHR, WP, EI, IC, etc.

Sorry to hear that, that's just unbelievable, you would think you're "safe" dealing with a company like that, I just heard of Villa Direct doing the same thing to a guest though. I guess you're better off dealing with an individual owner who guarantees you a spot in their private home, or perhaps Disney, you KNOW WDW wouldn't do that to a guest or they'd be looking at upgrading you to a suite in the Grand Floridian or something! LOL

- George

I would demand that not only do they find me a place at the same rate, but a comparable place. That is just plain ridiculous!

I agree its crazy that they did that to you! If you need help finding a home let me know I would be happy to help!

That's unbelievable! If they took your reservation in November and your money then that should be final. It should be their problem and responsibility, definately not yours, to more than accomodate you for their mistake.
Good Luck and hope everthing works out for you to have a great holiday!

:tink:

Sandra

I almost booked that exact same place...same dates, 2BR, through hotelkingdom. The exact same! This was at the beginning of Feb. So if it was still "available" then, we would have been bumped too. I wonder how many others were bumped? :mad:

so, are they saying that they cancelled all ressies from November on....There had to be someone since Novermeber that booked a 2bdrm villa....that is crazy..

DisneyMomto3, I'm very sorry this happened to you. This happened to my family when we booked with hotelkingdom in 2001. I had planned the trip for a year and finally booked vistana villages thru hotelkingdom at a great price but when we arrived tired late at night they had overbooked and told us they did not have a place for us for the whole week. They had an alternative for us but it was not as nice and after all the planning it was a huge disappointment. We have not taken a family vacation since but are hoping to in Jan. At least you know now and not on arrival but I do empathize with you. I also would not pay more. It is there fault not yours. I wish you luck and hope you still have a great vacation.

Sorry to hear about what happened. In your opinion, do you think the company at fault is HK, VRI or Cypress Pointe? The reason I am asking is that I know next to nothing about VRI but have two weeks booked also at holiday time (in the Fort Myers area) later this year and am just wondering if I should be concerned. I have paid 50% and am to pay the rest at check-in. I booked directly with VRI and have received documentation already with room numbers on it.

I would hold Hotel KIngdom responsible. They are who you booked with in good faith and gave your money to. I would demand comparable lodging at the SAME price not a penny more for the exact dates. Get a supervisor on the phine and stand your ground. Do NOT budge.

I can not believe they waited 14 days out to mention this to you.

They must have gotten better rates and did not want to offer HK the block of cheaper rates.

I would post this on as many places as possible that this can happen to any one. I have never heard of anything so underhanded.

I do not believe it is CPGV's fault. I think the fault lies with VRI, but could be HK passing the buck. All I know is that the three most important little people in the world to me will be heartbroken if they aren't in Orlando in 12 days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter