• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cypress Pointe overbooked-we were bumped out!!!

be aware that Orlando houses are overpriced.

a house that 10 years ago was $50,000 can be $300,000 now.

wait a few years until the market is adjusted.

be aware that Orlando houses are overpriced.

a house that 10 years ago was $50,000 can be $300,000 now.

wait a few years until the market is adjusted.

I agree with that! I don't think it's going to come down much though...it's actually not nearly as overpriced as other areas of Florida. I actually think it's a great time to be buying...the prices may drop slightly still..but there's not a ton lower they can go..depending on what you're buying of course (if you own a condo...look out below!). Of course I could be compleltely wrong! LOL...no one has a crystal ball and knows where it's going!

Anyhow, sorry, I seem to have taken this post wayyy off track!

:offtopic:

that is why you buy resale and only if the person selling is willing to meet your offer.

they can offer their timeshares for $10,000 - but it is really worth $2,000 - offer $2,000. You might be turned down a couple of times. but someone will take it.

www.tug2.net is a wonderful place to see what timeshare are really worth.

NEVER, NEVER, NEVER buy from a developer.

I agree completely. I would NEVER pay full price (or even one of their negotiated prices) for a timeshare.

BUT, there do seem to be some pretty good deals on resale. I'm guessing that they are basically people who bought them with the intention of using them a lot, then didn't use them, and want to get out from under the yearly maintenance fees.

In that situation, I can see where a good deal might be found for somebody who knew they would use something like that for vacation regularly.

Thanks for the help!

I've been watching CP resales on Ebay for a few years. One day we'll have it together enough to buy. :lol

BUT, there do seem to be some pretty good deals on resale. I'm guessing that they are basically people who bought them with the intention of using them a lot, then didn't use them, and want to get out from under the yearly maintenance fees.

In that situation, I can see where a good deal might be found for somebody who knew they would use something like that for vacation regularly.

Thanks for the help!

in those situation always, and I mean always - find out what the rental price is for that week. lots of times these people got had. the rental price is less than their maintence fees for that week. Never buy one of these.

one of my first looking at tug - was for Myrtle beach. found one, and asked about the maintence fees. this poor person was paying a $100 more in maintence fees than anyone could rent it for during her week. I passed on this one.

of course they could also be deals. someone inherited it and doesn't want to fool with it.

OP, thank you for posting your experience. It's been an interesting read! I think it's great that VRI, with a little help from HK, made this right for you. Phase I is nice too!

To the HK people, I can imagine how it must have felt to have to call your customers and tell them their vacations were changing. I'm sure they were upset and demanding. However, even though it wasn't your fault, it was your problem, and it should have been handled better (at least with more empathy). I'm sure it will be next time, because there always is in the hotel business.

Guys, we've got a 3bedroom booked in May. So far, all looks good. Is there anything I can do NOW to make sure we get no surprises? I'm crossing my fingers that since they are catching overbookings in November, that they've hopefully already passed May in checking all their records.

Guys, we've got a 3bedroom booked in May. So far, all looks good. Is there anything I can do NOW to make sure we get no surprises? I'm crossing my fingers that since they are catching overbookings in November, that they've hopefully already passed May in checking all their records.

The problem was isolated to a few weeks in April according to VRI. There was a mix up in posting procedures for web based reservations and it has been corrected. You shouldn't have any problems with your reservations.

Sorry to hear of your problems :sad1:
I hope this isn't too off-topic, but it is about HK.
I had CP booked with HK, but as it happened I got a good deal at Ft Wilderness, so cancelled it.
Everything was smooth and polite, and the refund from CP came the next day. I was told I would be refunded the HK deposit, minus $20 cancellation fee within 30 days.
30 days came and went so I called again to chase it up, and I was, again very politely, informed that I hadn't been refunded for some reason, but they would chase it up and make sure it happened that day. 3 days later and still no refund.
Now I'm sure I'll get it sorted in the end, but I'm beginning to get concerned.
I read that someone complained to 'BBB' What's that? Presumably not the Bibbidy Bobbidy Boutique :rotfl:

BBB is Better Business Bureau here in the states. Its a company that you can file complaints against businesses and they try to work things out for you and if the business doesnt cooperate they get a mark on their BBB record which most businesses dont want

BBB is Better Business Bureau here in the states. Its a company that you can file complaints against businesses and they try to work things out for you and if the business doesnt cooperate they get a mark on their BBB record which most businesses dont want

Thanks for that. Still no sign of the money. If it doesn't come by Monday I'll have another go at chasing them up, then otherwise I'll have to think about escalating it.

Hey IGK, please let us know what happens with your refund from HK. I also just cancelled my reservation for CP through HK and am now worried about it becoming a hassle to get my refund. On the other hand, I am very excited because we are staying at WH in a three bedroom townhome and will have our own pool. It is going to be a surprise for the kids. They were begging to stay at WH when I was first looking at their website but they still think we are staying at CP (which also looked nice). 5 1/2 weeks to go!!!!!!:banana:

My first thought on this whole issue is this: since you made your reservation in November, why wasn't the last person to reserve those dates the ones who were refused?? Why you? This just doesn't make any sense!

Hey IGK, please let us know what happens with your refund from HK. I also just cancelled my reservation for CP through HK and am now worried about it becoming a hassle to get my refund. On the other hand, I am very excited because we are staying at WH in a three bedroom townhome and will have our own pool. It is going to be a surprise for the kids. They were begging to stay at WH when I was first looking at their website but they still think we are staying at CP (which also looked nice). 5 1/2 weeks to go!!!!!!:banana:

I called again on Monday and was told that the person who authorises and/or makes the payments had been off, but my refund was all set and the payment should be made on Tuesday. It might take an extra day or two to show up on my account as I'm in the UK, but if I haven't seen it by Monday I'll call again.
I still don't doubt I'll get the money, but I'm surprised it's taking this long. It's only $85 or so as the bulk was already refunded weeks ago by CP, but I'm gonna keep chasing it anyway.

I sure hope HK refunded the money....and I will definitely be adding them to the "never use" file.

Just an update to say I did finally receive my refund. I got an email on Monday confirming the transaction, and this money is now in my account.
The company states that it takes up to 30 days to receive refunds, but this has been exactly two months.
Better late than never, though :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter