CVS ECB Deals - Sales for Week 6/1/08-6/7/08

Well, lots of stuff I want this week.

But, I only had $6 in ECBs and almost no coupons for the stuff I wanted. Don't know what happened to the smart rinse coupons as I remember cutting them out.

Anyway, here are my trips...not my all time greatest or anything but good stuff I really wanted at a reasonable price.

Trip 1

1 12pk diet sunkist $3.33
1 bounty 8 roll $5.99
3 pringles .88 x 3
3 Charmin 9 roll $4.99 x 3
3 CVS bandaids $1.99 x 3
2 CVS AA 10pk batteries $5.99BOGO
1 CVS napkins(needed napkins big time!!)
less $3/$10 coupon
less $6 ECB
$34.47 Oop but got back $10ECB for bounty/charmin and $5.97 ECB for bandaids

Trip 2
4 Chex mix 4 x $1
2 Tampax tampons 2/$12
2 smart rinse 2 x $3.49
2 Brut deodorant 2 x $4.69( I didn't realize the spray kind cost more...DH prefers it but I would have gotten the stick if I had noticed that at the time)
less $3/$10 coupon
less 3 x $1 chex coupons
less $15.97 ECBs from last transaction
Oop $11.06 got back $3ECB for tampons, $6ECB for Brut deodorant, $6.98 ECB for smart rinse.

So, $45 out of pocket which isn't great but lots of stuff for that money and I'm left with $15.98 in ECBs to get the rest of the stuff I want this week. Hope I can plan some better trips!

By the way. Got 3 of the limit 2 bandaids and also, I got 2 smart rinse thinking that was the limit but it does not say offer limit reached so I'll pick up another later this week.

My CVS, Target, Grocery Stores, etc all take internet coupons. NO problems.

The only limit that I am aware of is that our Jewel-Osco grocery stores have notices that they can not accept internet coupons for "free product." But for traditional $ off of purchase coupons, I've never had a problem.

Well - I might be hooked. Definitely know I have room for improvement - but here is what I did.

Transaction 1

2 Bounty (2 x 5.99)
2 Charmin (2 x 4.99)
Dawn 2/$2.00
2 Smart Rinse (2 x 3.49)
1 Oral B toothbrushes (1 x 6.99)

Q
$1.00 (4 x .25) off Bounty/Charmin
$0.50 (2 x .25) Dawn

CVS
$4/20 ( I didn't have any other $/$$ to break down to smaller orders)

OOP $ 34.72
ECB's
$10.00 (Bounty/Charmin)
$1.00 (Dawn)
$6.99 (Oral B)
$6.98 (Smart Rinse)

Transaction 2

2 Pampers (2 x 7.99)
2 wipes (2 x 2.99)
1 Gillette Razor (9.99)

Q's
2 x $2.00 Pampers
1 x $4.00 Gillette

ECB's used
$24.97

OOP was I think around $2.00 or so

Still have $9.00 in ECB's ($5.00 Pampers and $4.00 Razor)

So I guess my ball has started rolling

Now I just need to hunt down more $4/20 or can I reprint the email one I was sent for updating my email address on line and reuse it?

yes, reprint the 4/20 and use it Everytime - get your order as close to 20 as you can!

have fun

i'm hooked - been doing it for about 5 months now! its funny at the beginning if i spend 2.00oop i was thrilled, now i would be so mad if i spend more then 1.00oop!

lisa

Well - I might be hooked. Definitely know I have room for improvement - but here is what I did.

Transaction 1

2 Bounty (2 x 5.99)
2 Charmin (2 x 4.99)
Dawn 2/$2.00
2 Smart Rinse (2 x 3.49)
1 Oral B toothbrushes (1 x 6.99)

Q
$1.00 (4 x .25) off Bounty/Charmin
$0.50 (2 x .25) Dawn

CVS
$4/20 ( I didn't have any other $/$$ to break down to smaller orders)

OOP $ 34.72
ECB's
$10.00 (Bounty/Charmin)
$1.00 (Dawn)
$6.99 (Oral B)
$6.98 (Smart Rinse)

Transaction 2

2 Pampers (2 x 7.99)
2 wipes (2 x 2.99)
1 Gillette Razor (9.99)

Q's
2 x $2.00 Pampers
1 x $4.00 Gillette

ECB's used
$24.97

OOP was I think around $2.00 or so

Still have $9.00 in ECB's ($5.00 Pampers and $4.00 Razor)

So I guess my ball has started rolling

Now I just need to hunt down more $4/20 or can I reprint the email one I was sent for updating my email address on line and reuse it?

Just read on another board that the Limit for the Oral b toothbrushes and S
martrinse are both 4! check your receipts - seems it just switched!

lisa

i have not done this yet - but i'm sure its true!

I'm new to this, and my first visit was not all that great. :worried: I did save with the coupons:banana: , and I did get use the $4/20 coupon. Many things were out of stock:scared1: , which I think is what thru me off the most:headache: I only made $1.00 ECB. But I did get some good things on sale--and had coupons for some of those, so, it wasn't a complete bust.::yes::

Gonna try again this week, and get rainchecks this time for the things out of stock.

But my question is: is it possible to use the $4/20 coupon that was emailed to me, more than once?

Thanks!

Yes, you can keep using the $4/20 until it expires! just keep on printing...

lisa

I'm new to this, and my first visit was not all that great. :worried: I did save with the coupons:banana: , and I did get use the $4/20 coupon. Many things were out of stock:scared1: , which I think is what thru me off the most:headache: I only made $1.00 ECB. But I did get some good things on sale--and had coupons for some of those, so, it wasn't a complete bust.::yes::

Gonna try again this week, and get rainchecks this time for the things out of stock.

But my question is: is it possible to use the $4/20 coupon that was emailed to me, more than once?

Thanks!

OK I did 2 transactions previously and had $8.97 in ECB to spend. Here is what I did:

(2) Dawn Dish Liquid - $2
(1) Gilette Phantem Power Razor - $9.99
(2) Covergirl Aquasmooth Makeup - $8.99 (BOGO)
(1) CVS Nailpolish remover - $1.69 (DF said I had been saying I needed it and wouldn't take no for an answer :rotfl: )

Coupons:
$4/$20 CVS
$.25 off dawn
$1 off CG cosmetics
$1 off CG cosmetics (they let me use one on the free item!)
$4 off Gilette Razor

ECB used - $8.97 (from toothpaste a few weeks ago)

OOP: $4.06

ECB earned: $4 for razor and $1 for dawn.

I looked for the toothbrushes but couldn't find them... couldn't even find where they would be. Darnit we need new toothbrushes and they keep being out of stock when we look.

So with the $4/$20 coupons does the $20 need to be pretax? I am guessing yes since it only charged $.61 tax

Speaking of tax, our rate is 6.25% and I was only charged $.61 tax I was wondering how it was figured. It looks like it takes the purchase, subtracts the CVS coupon and ECB used and then taxes the rest BEFORE coupons then subtracts the coupons... is this right?

For all those that are just starting this cvs thing, to build up your ecb's, the first few weeks you should really concentrate on buying those items that you earn ecb's. Once you build up your ecb's then you can start adding some items that you "need". Even if you don't "need" the item - but its free after ecb's and say you have a coupon as well then they will be "paying" you to buy it! and you can always give the item away if you won't be using it!

lisa

Since they are building a CVS less than a half a mile form my house...I have decided to joinn you all in CVSing!! My husband thinks I am totally insane and he just said...let me guess...you've learned all this on the DIS:rotfl2:

I've been reading all your posts...thanks for the great info.

Where can I find the listings of the monthly ECB's ?
TIA:)

Also...if the chex mix is $1 each...how many can I buy with the $1 off coupons? Can you only use 1 coupon per item per visit? Or can I print multiple coupons for the item and buy multiple items?
TIAA:)

Does anyone know if I can use the $4 off $20 or $5 off $15 coupons w/photo printing?? I sent about 100 prints to my CVS's one hour photo and hopefully I can use my coupon w/it.

thanks

Just read on another board that the Limit for the Oral b toothbrushes and S
martrinse are both 4! check your receipts - seems it just switched!

lisa

i have not done this yet - but i'm sure its true!

Is the Oral B in the monthly paper or is a secret monthly? I still haven't been able to find a "real" monthly and I'm trying to read the one on HCW. The smart rinse doesn't look like it is in the HCW monthly either unless I'm missing it. I bought the smart rinse today, but would like to do the Oral B tomorrow.

Any info?:goodvibes

Did anybody already mention the free chex mix?

It's on sale 5/$5 and there's a $1 off coupon here I printed 2 coupons and now it doesn't show the chex mix one for me anymore so hopefully it shows it for you guys on the link I just gave. If not, it's at www.coupons.com. 2 free chex mix for me!

never mind, it worked afterall :)

Thanks curisinfamily! :)

they had them at the 24 hour store ...I think you went there before when you went to the hospital.::yes:: they are on the top shelf across from the cosmetics:lovestruc
I found them at that store. I picked up 5 of them. I needed them so it was a good deal.

I click on the coupon to increase the size and print it that way. Hope that helps.

Also while shopping on Sunday a lady saw my coupon binder and came over to ask if she could look at it. She had read about them on the internet but had not seen one. She was so excited. She also told me some of our stores will take the 5/15 up to 2 weeks after the expiration date. I am going to give it a try today. If it works :cool1: if not I will whip out my 3/15.:hyper:

Janet if you read this it was nice to meet you.
Glad to see you back into CVSing

Did anybody already mention the free chex mix?

It's on sale 5/$5 and there's a $1 off coupon here I printed 2 coupons and now it doesn't show the chex mix one for me anymore so hopefully it shows it for you guys on the link I just gave. If not, it's at www.coupons.com. 2 free chex mix for me!
Thanks for posting this

There is a new $3/$15 coupon exp 6/14

Just a warning, this site is SLOW, even got a few "problem loading page" but it did work.

Copied from http://www.moneysavingmom.com/money_saving_mom/2008/06/cvs-new-315-cou.html

Here's how to get your coupon:

::Go here to sign up for your free two-week trial to The Beacon Journal (it's a simple process and requires only your name, email, mailing address, etc.--no payment info needs to be given).

::Confirm your subscription by clicking on the link in your email.

::Download the June 1, 2008 edition. You'll need to click on the arrow and it will take a little while to download.

::Go to page A9.

::Select and highlight the $3/$15 coupon to print. And there you have your very own $3/$15 coupon to use at CVS!It's good through June 14, 2008.

This coupon can be used legally by anyone who signs up for their own free subscription to this newspaper and downloads their own coupon. There are no restrictions on it besides the usual restriction that it can only be used once per transaction, however, each individual store can choose to limit the usage of it to one per customer.

I signed up for this trial and when I started to download the 6/1 edition it told me it would take 8 hours!

Needless to say I aborted that mission!

Still couponless here.....

I had the same problem. Don't click on the arrow, click on the date. It didn't work the first couple times, then it did. It will open in a PDF file.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter