CVS ECB Deals - Sales for Week 6/1/08-6/7/08

I did it - i rolled over my 40ecbs on my husbands card and about 20 on mine! I did not even waste any - did the bounty deal - did some of the monthlies - the q-tips, brut, chex and tuna fish and cereal!

lisa

I did it - i rolled over my 40ecbs on my husbands card and about 20 on mine! I did not even waste any - did the bounty deal - did some of the monthlies - the q-tips, brut, chex and tuna fish and cereal!

lisa

You guys are awesome and i'm excited to go to CVS today! :worship:

Hey lisa, can you please explain the 'roll over' concept? Does that mean they took them from your DHs card and put them on yours? Because DH and i both have cards that we've used occasionally (before I discovered this thread!)

In the past i've used some of the ECB coupons printing out but is there anything else that will have 'carried over' from that shopping? Or will it expire? Or is there anything i should be doing regarding it?

TIA!

(Hope that made sense!? its monday, need more coffee....!!!)

You guys are awesome and i'm excited to go to CVS today! :worship:

Hey lisa, can you please explain the 'roll over' concept? Does that mean they took them from your DHs card and put them on yours? Because DH and i both have cards that we've used occasionally (before I discovered this thread!)

In the past i've used some of the ECB coupons printing out but is there anything else that will have 'carried over' from that shopping? Or will it expire? Or is there anything i should be doing regarding it?

TIA!

(Hope that made sense!? its monday, need more coffee....!!!)

Rolling over means that you take your ECBs that you have, and spend them on things that generate ECBs so you walk out of the store with a bag of stuff, spend practically nothing (hopefully under $1) and get new ECBs in about the same amount that you spent. :teacher:

Rolling over means that you take your ECBs that you have, and spend them on things that generate ECBs so you walk out of the store with a bag of stuff, spend practically nothing (hopefully under $1) and get new ECBs in about the same amount that you spent. :teacher:

Great, thanks! (learning the cvs lingo is kinda fun lol))

Also, just tried to print the listerine coupons and it said i already did????!!! But i didn't??!! :( :(

Anyone ever have that happen? Anything i can do about it?

Great, thanks! (learning the cvs lingo is kinda fun lol))

Also, just tried to print the listerine coupons and it said i already did????!!! But i didn't??!! :( :(

Anyone ever have that happen? Anything i can do about it?

Sometime if you clear your cookie you can print coupons again. Might be worth a try.

Yes, exactly and i did two transactions this morning, and spent less than 1.00oop on both!

lisa

Last week's thread had mention of the $25 Rx gift cards. Are those coupons still around?

Also, I have 2 coupons from Rite Aid for a $20 gift card for new/transferred Rx. Will CVS honor those coupons?

FYI- I currently have all my Rx at CVS already.

There is a new $3/$15 coupon exp 6/14

Just a warning, this site is SLOW, even got a few "problem loading page" but it did work.

Copied from http://www.moneysavingmom.com/money_saving_mom/2008/06/cvs-new-315-cou.html

Here's how to get your coupon:

::Go here to sign up for your free two-week trial to The Beacon Journal (it's a simple process and requires only your name, email, mailing address, etc.--no payment info needs to be given).

::Confirm your subscription by clicking on the link in your email.

::Download the June 1, 2008 edition. You'll need to click on the arrow and it will take a little while to download.

::Go to page A9.

::Select and highlight the $3/$15 coupon to print. And there you have your very own $3/$15 coupon to use at CVS!It's good through June 14, 2008.

This coupon can be used legally by anyone who signs up for their own free subscription to this newspaper and downloads their own coupon. There are no restrictions on it besides the usual restriction that it can only be used once per transaction, however, each individual store can choose to limit the usage of it to one per customer.

Did the CVS/ECB for the first time this weekend. Definetly shouldn't have brought my 18 month old with me as he got impatient. But let me know how I did if you don't mind.

I did the first transaction to "acquire" ECB's and then the second transation I used the just acquired ECB's.

1st Transaction:
2 Dawn DishLiquid 2/2.00 - earned 1ECB plus I had a .25 coupon
5 Ultrasoft Charmin (9 rolls each) for 4.99 a piece - earned 10ECB
1 Secret w/Olay 3.99 - earned 1ECB plus I had 1.00 coupon

I also had 4.00 off if I purchase 20.00 or more at CVS so I had 5.50 in total coupons and earned total of 12ECB for a subtotal of 25.44.

2nd Transaction:
2 Cans of Pringles for .88 cents each
1 Venus razor with 5 cartridges on sale for 9.99 w/card - plus I had a 2.00 coupon
1 CVS ecotrin 300 count for 13.99

I used my 12ECB and the 2.00 coupon for the venus - my subtotal came out to 11.74. **I realized after I had already purchased this that I had a 3.00 off 10.00 or more in CVS products but I didn't use it as I thought the ecotrin was on sale for less than 10.00. I got this coupon through an automatic coupon "box" they had in the store - just had to scan ecb card.

Ok - so outside of taxes I got:
2 Dawn (11oz each)
5 Packs of Ultra Charmin TP (9 rolls each)
1 Deodorant
2 Pringles
1 new "shaver" and 5 cartridges
1 Bottle of CVS ecotrin

Subtotal of = 37.88

Thoughts?

So within my normal errands today, i went to two cvs stores.
Please critique and give me pointers:

First transaction:

3 Pepsi (9.99) - no ECB but on sale and we needed
2 - Dawn (1.00 each)
1- aquafresh - 2.99 ( 2.99 ECB)
2 - M & Ms (1.77 on sale and YUMMY;) )
1 - case water (2.97)
2 - colgate toothpaste (2.99 buy 1 get 1 free)
---------
coupons:

2 - 25 dawn
1 - $1 m & m
1 - .75 colgate
1 - .75 colgate
1 - $3 CVS coupon

got back $2.99 ECB (aqua fresh) and $1 ECB (with nothing named?)

then stopped at another cvs for
2nd transaction:

1 - listerine 3.49 (computer wouldn't let me print coupon, grrr)
1 - bandaids 1.99 (didn't have more - next time rain check?!)
1 - M & M (what can i say? LOL $1.77 is a great price! LOL)
1 - zest 3 bar soap - $2.79

used 2.99 ECB and 1.00 ECP so 6.38 total.
got back:
$1.99 bandaids
$3.49 listerine
$1.00 zest soap

So how did i do? Did i really save - or will i now? What would you have done differently? What would you do next?

I'm not sure if i really accomplished anything, but i can see how i 'MIGHT' be able to.....!!

Thanks, you guys are great!

:hug:

Hi everybody, am back from sunny FL - I posted in the thread from 2 weeks ago - obviously have to get back in the swing of things, maybe the heat cooked my brain.

For the new people, you did great!.. but I would keep all my transactions just barely over the amount of your coupon if possible, so if you have a $4/20, try not to spend more than $20. You can take stuff out to your car and go back in usually - if the store is nice, then tell them up front that you are going to do several transactions to maximize your coupons and ECBs and not have to leave the store. If the store gets weird about coupons, do one transaction at the pharmacy and one at the front.

If you need something and it's a decent price, don't worry about your out-of-pocket costs. Most of use buy things we don't need that are free after ECB (and use coupons when possible) to build ECBs.

Aahhhh:confused:

Something went wrong with my CVS trip

I bought another AmEx gift card for the ECB and Spring Fling offer. First off, I didn't get my ECBs but didn't notice until I left. The offer reads: "$5 ECB wyb (2) American Express Gift Cards of $50 or more" I bought 2 $25 certs, sounds like maybe I was supposed to buy 2 $50? Anyone know? Yesterday, they let me use ECBS or my $5 off coupon toward the $3.49 fee. Not sure which one but I know I left with a gift card and a bag of stuff for $26.29, the fee is on my receipt and I didn't pay it all. The manager told me the ECBs were good toward the fee but not the card itself (which I understand).

Well, I wanted to pay with my $25 Am Ex card today. The cashier called the manager for help with it while was figuring out my correct ECBs to give her. By the time the manager gets up there, she has scanned my manf. coupons and is working on my ECBs. I have it down to giving up $.02 and owing $25.07 on my order:woohoo: Well the ECBs start beeping now. The manager looks at my order and says, that she can do an override but would give me $1.37 for my $4.99 ECB - no thank you:confused3 She says that is because you can't use ECBs and manf. coupons on the same product:confused: I tried to give an example to be sure I understood, so I say the hair dye that is on sale (you all know my secret now) is on sale for $5.99, I have a $4.00 Mfg. coupon, and a $1.99 ECB, she says no, I can have the mfg. or the ECB :(

I gave up, paid the $31.xx and left. Than I was realized the $5 in ECBs were missing for the gift card.

Now that I have babbled, anyone know the story

Aahhhh:confused:

Something went wrong with my CVS trip

I bought another AmEx gift card for the ECB and Spring Fling offer. First off, I didn't get my ECBs but didn't notice until I left. The offer reads: "$5 ECB wyb (2) American Express Gift Cards of $50 or more" I bought 2 $25 certs, sounds like maybe I was supposed to buy 2 $50? Anyone know? Yesterday, they let me use ECBS or my $5 off coupon toward the $3.49 fee. Not sure which one but I know I left with a gift card and a bag of stuff for $26.29, the fee is on my receipt and I didn't pay it all. The manager told me the ECBs were good toward the fee but not the card itself (which I understand).

Well, I wanted to pay with my $25 Am Ex card today. The cashier called the manager for help with it while was figuring out my correct ECBs to give her. By the time the manager gets up there, she has scanned my manf. coupons and is working on my ECBs. I have it down to giving up $.02 and owing $25.07 on my order:woohoo: Well the ECBs start beeping now. The manager looks at my order and says, that she can do an override but would give me $1.37 for my $4.99 ECB - no thank you:confused3 She says that is because you can't use ECBs and manf. coupons on the same product:confused: I tried to give an example to be sure I understood, so I say the hair dye that is on sale (you all know my secret now) is on sale for $5.99, I have a $4.00 Mfg. coupon, and a $1.99 ECB, she says no, I can have the mfg. or the ECB :(

I gave up, paid the $31.xx and left. Than I was realized the $5 in ECBs were missing for the gift card.

Now that I have babbled, anyone know the story

Yes, I'm pretty sure you have to buy 2 $50 gift cards (total of $100) to get the ECB.

Kimya

I'm sure that the AmEx gift cards need to be 2 $50 cards to get the ECB because I tried to see if it would work with 2 $25 cards first. Don't forget when doing this deal to get the rebate form for the Spring Fling $25 gift card when you purchase 2 American Express gift cards.

Hi everybody, am back from sunny FL - I posted in the thread from 2 weeks ago - obviously have to get back in the swing of things, maybe the heat cooked my brain.

For the new people, you did great!.. but I would keep all my transactions just barely over the amount of your coupon if possible, so if you have a $4/20, try not to spend more than $20. You can take stuff out to your car and go back in usually - if the store is nice, then tell them up front that you are going to do several transactions to maximize your coupons and ECBs and not have to leave the store. If the store gets weird about coupons, do one transaction at the pharmacy and one at the front.

If you need something and it's a decent price, don't worry about your out-of-pocket costs. Most of use buy things we don't need that are free after ECB (and use coupons when possible) to build ECBs.

Welcome back :goodvibes

I popped into CVS tonight to pick up a script and when my reciept printed, it still had my Colgate 360 and my Warm delights and my Addidas on the bottom. What is up with that? :confused:

I've never had old monthlies carry over like that. Anyone else get this on their reciept?
:rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter