Cute little lizards around hotels

TammyLynn33

DIS Veteran
my daughter reminded me last time we stayed at disney POR she was small there were little salamander/lizards running around and her brothers will love them..
Will there be any around CBR? Going in April

a little OT but we saw so many at Seaworld one year. My Sister who was 11 at the time actually caught one, they were so used to people.
We love those little lizards.

So do the birds that hang around in World Showcase!

We have seen then "dine" on the little lizards!

Circle of Life!
LOL, this reminds me of when we went to Dreamworld (theme park here in Australia) and were watching the Tigers in their enclosure. One of them leaped up and snatched a huge bird right out of the sky and ripped it apart about 1m away from us and ate it. Our 2 year old kept laughing saying the tiger was playing with the bird. :rolleyes1

Lizards are everywhere. We were even lucky enough to have a large raccoon join us on our walk to our room at Sports over Christmas from the parking lot. He seemed to be enjoying his evening stroll at the Hoops Hotel.

They are and were literally everywhere, including our room. But we love them so no big deal.

Last edited:
Lizards are everywhere. We were even lucky enough to have a large raccoon join us on our walk to our room at Sports over Christmas from the parking lot. He seemed to be enjoying his evening stroll at the Hoops Hotel.
Just a word of caution....raccoons are known to carry rabies. They are still wild critters and should not have been that close to you. I wish people would stop feeding the the critters at WDW..

As for the lizards....they are everywhere in FL. My patio is like a breeding ground for them...yuck. Thankfully we also have birds of prey ( Ospreys, Hawks, Owls) that enjoy them as a snack.

Just a word of caution....raccoons are known to carry rabies. They are still wild critters and should not have been that close to you. I wish people would stop feeding the the critters at WDW..

As for the lizards....they are everywhere in FL. My patio is like a breeding ground for them...yuck. Thankfully we also have birds of prey ( Ospreys, Hawks, Owls) that enjoy them as a snack.
Don't worry, we moved far away from him as soon as we saw him. We live on a farm and have plenty of nasty raccoon interactions at home. We know better than to be near them.

So do the birds that hang around in World Showcase!

We have seen then "dine" on the little lizards!

Circle of Life!
LOL.. DH and I always stop to watch an Egret hunt the lizards at least once every trip. Their "dance" before attacking is hilarious to watch.
Though I dare say, it's drawn the attention of many a kid who is aghast to learn shortly just what the purpose of said dance is

Yes theyre everywhere. Cute little critters too. I have a sad story to share about one of them though. While at CBR one of the lizards ran under my heel just as I was stepping down. I killed him! :sad: My DS freaked out and called me a murderer, it was quite a scene. lol. On my way back I looked for him but he was gone. There's no way he survived. After I stepped on him he had what appeared to be a seizure. Poor little thing. It could have had a family. But i killed it. :sad1:

We were even lucky enough to have a large raccoon join us on our walk to our room at Sports over Christmas from the parking lot. He seemed to be enjoying his evening stroll at the Hoops Hotel.
The Disney raccoons must love The All-Star Resort!:)

We had one at All-Star Music that kept trying to get into the first-floor rooms!:)

26856790383_da2d57fbb6_c.jpg

Don't forget about all the little swimming buddies at the water parks. Snakes show up all the time in the lazy rivers.

I think the raccoons have figured out that if they hang out a night by the rooms, lots of people put out trays of leftover/discarded food. Just as you would do if you staying at hotel with indoor walkways. Pretty sure these guys have it pretty made. Maybe time for Disney to remind folks not to do this?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!