Currently, anything worth doing around Disneyland?

lorilclevelandrn

DIS Veteran
Have friends visiting Disneyland area next week for sports training. Any recommendations on locations open for outside dining worth a visit or activities there or in surrounding area? I’ve never visited; therefore, I’m a poor source for information or recommendations.

TIA:)!

I'm going to move this to our California board.

What kinds of things are your friends interested in?

I'm going to move this to our California board.

What kinds of things are your friends interested in?

Thank U!

Her hubby is a Sports Professional and he will be busy for the majority of the Day training while her and her daughter < 1 will have Mommy & Me time to fill until he’s free in later afternoon. She had hoped for opening of Disneyland but, now knowing that is not happening she’s looking for any thing interesting to keep her busy with the little one until he joins them.

I graciously appreciate any help!

Downtown Disney is currently open. There is outside dining with limited capacity. If your friend will be visiting before March 15th, part of DCA is open (BVS and some parts extending toward Monsters Inc. and toward Grizzly Peak and toward Soarin') as an extension of DTD. March 14th will be the last day DCA will be open for free to guests of DTD before it reopens for the ticketed Touch of Disney event. If your friend is interested in visiting DTD next week, have her look at the DL website or at the DL app for information.
Your friend's hotel (e.g. front desk staff or concierge) should be able to help with updated information on what has reopened and what the current safety guidelines are at the time of her trip. Tell your friend to check online ahead of time before visiting anywhere to be aware all safety requirements, e.g. masks, reservations, time limits, etc.

Last edited:

Boomers in Irvine is open for very limited hours.
The beaches are open and will have outdoor dining.
If they are going during the Boysenberry festival at Knott's Berry Farm, they can buy a ticket for that. The tickets are sold for a particular date.

There are plenty of really amazing playgrounds in nearby Irvine. Masks are required but most playgrounds are not too crowded. Bill Barber and Northwood Park are two of the best.

The beach is also a good option, as is Downtown Disney (although kinda boring for a little one since it's just shopping and dining).

We really just have hiking trails in the foothills, the beaches, and parks to enjoy at this time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter