Current Ship Staff & Movies

Fantasy as of Dec 17, 2016
Commodore Tom was Captain
Natalie was Cruise Director
Matthew was Assistant Cruise Director
The cruise was a Western Caribbean
Dec 10 - Dec 17, 2016
I am not sure what the temperature was on Castaway Cay. The weather was perfect -- warm but not too hot. The water was kind of chilly. We were able to go about waist deep and it was ok. There were only a very few that were actually swimming on Serenity Bay.
Movies were
Pete's Dragon
Moana
Dr. Strange
Rogue One
(not sure if there were others)

Magic as of 12/18-12/23. I tried to get as much as I could. This was only a 5-night sailing, so there can be more movies that play on longer sailings.

Captain: Marco
Cruise Director: Leslie
Assistant Cruise Director: I forgot her name, but it was her last cruise before vacation.
Club Host: David
Cruise Staff: (I didn't really do many of the other events to catch their names.)
Movies: Rogue One, Moana, Dr. Strange, Pete's Dragon, Finding Dory.

Sail Date: 23 Dec 2016 - 30 Dec 2016
Ship Name: Wonder
Captain: Robert Olmer
Cruise Director: Darren McBurney from U.K. (Scotland)
Assistant Cruise Director: Carly Scott
Club Host: Brett
Cruise staff: I remember Ross and Mitch the most
Movies playing in the theaters:
  • Funnel Vision:
    • Disney's A Christmas Carol
    • Guardians of the Galaxy
    • Tarzan
    • Hercules
    • Mickey's Christmas Carol
    • Adventures in Babysitting
    • The Princess and the Frog
    • Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
    • Tangled
    • Ice Princess
    • The Nightmare Before Christmas
    • Mickey's Once Upon A Christmas
    • Frozen
    • Frozen Fever
    • Lady and the Tramp
    • Star Wars: Rebels
    • The Muppet Christmas Carol
    • Toy Story
    • Wreck-it Ralph
    • Bedtime Stories
    • Enchanted
    • A Bug's Life
    • Toy Story 2
    • Monsters, Inc.
    • Pixar Short Films
    • Tinker Bell
    • Peter Pan
    • Muppet Treasure Island
    • Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
    • Lilo & Stitch
    • Finding Nemo
    • The Incredibles
    • Cars
    • The Muppets
    • Ratatouille
    • WALL-E
    • McFarland, USA
    • A Goofy Movie
    • Up
    • Toy Story 3
    • Big Hero 6
    • Cars 2
    • Brave
    • Ant-Man
    • Cinderella
    • The Little Mermaid
    • The Lion King
    • inside Out
    • Bedknobs and Broomsticks
    • Maleficent
    • Tomorrowland
  • Buena Vista Theater
    • The Jungle Book
    • Dr. Strange
    • Pete's Dragon
    • Zootopia
    • Moana
    • Captain America: Civil War
    • Finding Dory
    • Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
  • Walt Disney Theater:

Does anyone know if Tisa is still on the Fantasy? Secretly hoping she'll switch to the Dream next summer... She is our favorite Club Hostess and has been on all (3) of our cruises, no matter which ship (Magic and Fantasy)!

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me the Dining Room Head Server on the Dream now? We had Ali Atar from Turkey in 2012 on the Dream and had heard he was on the Fantasy now. Thank you.

I can confirm that Ali was on the Dec 24-31 Fantasy cruise.

Does anyone know if Tisa is still on the Fantasy? Secretly hoping she'll switch to the Dream next summer... She is our favorite Club Hostess and has been on all (3) of our cruises, no matter which ship (Magic and Fantasy)!

She was on the Club Hostess on our Dec. 10 cruise on the Fantasy.

I can confirm that Ali was on the Dec 24-31 Fantasy cruise.

There is apparently more than one Ali who is a head server. The one we've had for the last 8 years is Ali Yildirgan who is also from Turkey. He has a home near Port Canaveral where his wife and school age daughter's live, so told us that he's stayed with the Dream because he's able to leave the ship while it's in port to see his family. I'd be surprised if he moved to the Fantasy because of that, unless it was temporary for training purposes. Let's just say that I hope it isn't true, because we requested him for our upcoming cruise :)

We sail in less than two weeks on the Dream. Can someone that's sailing this week please confirm who the Captain is? Thanks!

There is apparently more than one Ali who is a head server. The one we've had for the last 8 years is Ali Yildirgan who is also from Turkey. He has a home near Port Canaveral where his wife and school age daughter's live, so told us that he's stayed with the Dream because he's able to leave the ship while it's in port to see his family. I'd be surprised if he moved to the Fantasy because of that, unless it was temporary for training purposes. Let's just say that I hope it isn't true, because we requested him for our upcoming cruise :)

Ah that makes sense. I honestly am not sure of our Ali's last name. He was definitely from Turkey because we shared some stories about that area! Good luck! :)

We just cruised the Dream (26th-30th). I believe the movies were: Captain America, Finding Dory, Pete's Dragon, Dr. Strange, Moana and Rogue One. On a side note, seeing Rogue One at 10:45p was a mistake - I think I dozed off during it.
Captain was Henry (or Henrik?).
Cruise Director was Trent - seemed like a nice guy but had a slightly annoying giggle when he laughed at his own jokes.
We had Andre (from Portugal) and Modester (sp?) (from Zimbabwe) as our servers, they were GREAT! My DS wore a Porto soccer jersey to dinner one night and being that it was Andre's favorite team, he and my son became best friends. We had the cruise photographer take a picture of the two of them and purchased a copy for Andre.
We had dinner in Palo, but I'm sorry to say I don't remember who the server was, but I do remember she was from Portugal (but originally from the Ukraine), she was awesome. I mentioned wanting to try a quail egg, but not wanting the whole meal that included it, and voila, she appeared with the quail egg - note to others, it's nothing special.

Ah that makes sense. I honestly am not sure of our Ali's last name. He was definitely from Turkey because we shared some stories about that area! Good luck! :)

Ha! I think the Ali's I've met on the ships have been from Turkey, so it must be a common name :)

Sail Date: 23 Dec 2016 - 30 Dec 2016
Ship Name: Wonder
Captain: Robert Olmer
Cruise Director: Darren McBurney from U.K. (Scotland)
Assistant Cruise Director: Carly Scott
Club Host: Brett
Cruise staff: I remember Ross and Mitch the most
Movies playing in the theaters:
  • Funnel Vision:
    • Disney's A Christmas Carol
    • Guardians of the Galaxy
    • Tarzan
    • Hercules
    • Mickey's Christmas Carol
    • Adventures in Babysitting
    • The Princess and the Frog
    • Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
    • Tangled
    • Ice Princess
    • The Nightmare Before Christmas
    • Mickey's Once Upon A Christmas
    • Frozen
    • Frozen Fever
    • Lady and the Tramp
    • Star Wars: Rebels
    • The Muppet Christmas Carol
    • Toy Story
    • Wreck-it Ralph
    • Bedtime Stories
    • Enchanted
    • A Bug's Life
    • Toy Story 2
    • Monsters, Inc.
    • Pixar Short Films
    • Tinker Bell
    • Peter Pan
    • Muppet Treasure Island
    • Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
    • Lilo & Stitch
    • Finding Nemo
    • The Incredibles
    • Cars
    • The Muppets
    • Ratatouille
    • WALL-E
    • McFarland, USA
    • A Goofy Movie
    • Up
    • Toy Story 3
    • Big Hero 6
    • Cars 2
    • Brave
    • Ant-Man
    • Cinderella
    • The Little Mermaid
    • The Lion King
    • inside Out
    • Bedknobs and Broomsticks
    • Maleficent
    • Tomorrowland
  • Buena Vista Theater
    • The Jungle Book
    • Dr. Strange
    • Pete's Dragon
    • Zootopia
    • Moana
    • Captain America: Civil War
    • Finding Dory
  • Walt Disney Theater:

Thank you!

We were on the NYE Fantasy, Dec. 31, 2016- Jan. 7, 2017 cruise and were hoping Tisa would be there, but she was on vacation. The club host was Joshie, and he was fun, but we missed Tisa- she's the only hostess we've had in the past also, on both the Fantasy and Magic. No one said how long she would be gone- but they did seem to hint she would be back soon. Have fun!

Anyone recently (last 2 weeks) off of the Dream? Curious who the cruise director is currently.

Tisa went on vacation about 3 weeks ago and Joshiie is the Club Host until the end of his contract in April.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter