Current Riviera incentives and forecasts

WestCoastDVC

Earning My Ears
DVC Silver
I know this was listed somewhere but can someone share how the current Riviera direct pricing (looking at $201 - $19 = $182 per point for 150 points) compares to past incentives? And what can we reasonably expect after the current incentives end in early April?

I know this was listed somewhere but can someone share how the current Riviera direct pricing (looking at $201 - $19 = $182 per point for 150 points) compares to past incentives? And what can we reasonably expect after the current incentives end in early April?
If I had to guess they will reduce the $8 act fast incentive to $4, making it $15 per point incentive.

I’m sure last summer had much better incentives and the direct price was lower too.
it was about $170 for a current member add on for 150 points

ETA: this was correct, also 200 pts, $160pp

For the most part, incentives are never really better. The exception is last summer when at got 300 points down as low as $155...pretty sure that was the lowest.

One thing you can do is agree to purchase a few days before the incentives end snd see what happens. If they are worse, you are still locked in. If they are better, you ask to redo the deal. They won’t have a problem as people do that all the time.

So basically Riviera is selling direct for the same price people are for on stripped GFV contracts. We really want GFV but that's a hard one to justify.

So basically Riviera is selling direct for the same price people are for on stripped GFV contracts. We really want GFV but that's a hard one to justify.
Sort of, you can get VGF 150 points for about $160 so that’s $22pp less.
VGF is also $1.5 a point cheaper in dues per point.

MOST importantly, VGF resale will continue to appreciate, RIV will lose at least a 3rd of value as soon as you buy it.

MOST importantly, VGF resale will continue to appreciate, RIV will lose at least a 3rd of value as soon as you buy it.

Not sure it’s quite a third..yet. My 175 was $167 and I could get $120 to $130 right now based on the sales that have happened.

But I do agree that one should not buy RIV if it is not the resort they want to stay at at least as a first choice for some of the time, regardless of the restrictions.

VGF has always been very popular because it is so small and of course, it’s VGF! While it may be hard choice, don’t buy RIV if it isn’t at the top of your list of places to stay,

VGF and RIV remain my two favorite and I split stay between the both as much as I can. I have had good luck with VGF at 7 months but BLT is a great back up when I can’t!

Not sure it’s quite a third..yet. My 175 was $167 and I could get $120 to $130 right now based on the sales that have happened.

But I do agree that one should not buy RIV if it is not the resort they want to stay at at least as a first choice for some of the time, regardless of the restrictions.
I was referring to $182 being the current 150pt price, which as you say is about $120 on resale market.

I'm not as concerned with the value, since we aren't buying with the intention of selling. I also think the days of $160 contracts are gone, maybe the market will readjust. I think the resellers have artificially inflated the prices. All the GFV contracts on the market for example are over 180 for non loaded contracts. We actually offered 161 on a 183 stripped contract and they countered with 181.

I'm not as concerned with the value, since we aren't buying with the intention of selling. I also think the days of $160 contracts are gone, maybe the market will readjust. I think the resellers have artificially inflated the prices. All the GFV contracts on the market for example are over 180 for non loaded contracts. We actually offered 161 on a 183 stripped contract and they countered with 181.
maybe this worth a try?
https://dvcsales.com/listing_info/?u=2909
or this
https://www.dvcresalemarket.com/listings/grand-floridian/gf81123/

Thanks, we will take a look. We have been trying to match our use year but maybe we should be less picky on that to get a better contract, but will have to think about that. Keeping the sand UY could mean having to pay a premium

If the plan is to combine with what you have for a single trip, a different UY will be a bit of a headache unless you plan for it. Keep that in mind!

I was referring to $182 being the current 150pt price, which as you say is about $120 on resale market.

Of course, this is true for any resort bought direct compared to current resale prices now...

Even SSR loses a third of its value if bought today. My point was more that when I bought in late 2019, I expected it to have lost more than it has so who knows what will happen in the long run.

Of course, this is true for any resort bought direct compared to current resale prices now...

Even SSR loses a third of its value if bought today. My point was more that when I bought in late 2019, I expected it to have lost more than it has so who knows what will happen in the long run.
I totally agree, it’s held it’s value better than I thought.
The comparison I’m making is if you had to sell either a resale VGF or a direct RIV in 5 years, you will be better off with VGF. Which is what the poster is comparing.

I totally agree, it’s held it’s value better than I thought.
The comparison I’m making is if you had to sell either a resale VGF or a direct RIV in 5 years, you will be better off with VGF. Which is what the poster is comparing.

Here is another thing to consider. Buy RIV direct and it will with the points that a stripped VGF doesn’t have.

Then Rent or transfer those points. Even at $15/each, drops it by $30 a point...two years.. to end up with points starting in the same UY as the VGF would.

That might bring it closer to resale. Again, I don’t suggest buying RIV if it isn’t in the top of your list, but if all one is finding is stripped, this could tip the scale one way or the other.

I just think there are lots of ways to look at things when having to make a decision.

Last edited:
Here is another thing to consider. Buy RIV direct and it will with the points that a stripped VGF doesn’t have.

Then Rent or transfer those points. Even at $15/each, drops it by $30 a point...two years.. to end up with points starting in the same UY as the VGF would.

That might bring it closer to resale. Again, I don’t suggest buying RIV if it isn’t in the top of your list, but if all one is finding is stripped, this could tip the scale one way or the other.

I just think there are lots of ways to look at things when having to make a decision.

For sure, I actually love the idea of RIV but we havent stayed there yet, hopefully our June trip will stay on schedule. I like the gondola access to two parks rather than having to rely on buses. My wife prefers the GFV though and it being "walking distance" to MK will be a nice bonus for when we have our kids to take.

For sure, I actually love the idea of RIV but we havent stayed there yet, hopefully our June trip will stay on schedule. I like the gondola access to two parks rather than having to rely on buses. My wife prefers the GFV though and it being "walking distance" to MK will be a nice bonus for when we have our kids to take.

That’s the great thing about DVC. You don’t have to have just one!!! Lol

Once my resale points load, I’m thinking about buying 40-60 points direct at VGF. I only want 2-3 nights in a studio per year. I never thought I’d consider buying VGF direct, but for low point contracts, they are already over $200/point. At least this way I can pick my use year and not scramble to get an offer in in resale.

Once my resale points load, I’m thinking about buying 40-60 points direct at VGF. I only want 2-3 nights in a studio per year. I never thought I’d consider buying VGF direct, but for low point contracts, they are already over $200/point. At least this way I can pick my use year and not scramble to get an offer in in resale.

If you own a Disney Visa, you can put the purchase on that and get 6 months of free interest to pay for it. I did this even though I could pay but got my reward points too!

And, it should come with current UY points which you may not need which can be transferred or rented to drop the price even more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!