Current Magical Beginnings promotion with Direct

LittleBitGoofy

Mouseketeer
I had read the increased Magical Beginnings were being offered with the current AKL incentives but wanted to share that today a Guide confirmed DVC is also offering it at VGF with $22/point to buy back your 2022 points.

That drops your $/pt rate a lot. Looking at 200 points goes to $197/pt with the current incentives then down another $22 to $175/pt with Magical Beginnings. That's cheaper than some resale VGF stripped listings I've been watching. Of course you have to be okay giving up your '22 points.

I pushed my luck and asked if DVC would buy back both '22 &' 23 points, but alas, no dice.

As an aside, I asked if they were offering any credits for an upcoming cash stay we have in a few weeks at VGF (planned before the DVC bug bit us). I thought I had read about a $500 credit recently, but she said they weren't doing that.

VGF1c-edited.jpg

Last edited:
That is a great price in my opinion. When I got VGF direct in Nov last year, they were offering only $10/point which wasn't worth it at all.
Agreed. At $10/pt I'd keep it and rent them elsewhere. But at $22! Heck, I figured I'd see how many of em they'd buy back, but just the one year which makes sense.

Trying to figure out how to maximize the pricing. Bend in the curve seems to be at 200 points. Going another 50 (250) only gets you an extra $2/pt compared to the 150 - > 200 jump that nets an extra $10/pt.

Agreed. At $10/pt I'd keep it and rent them elsewhere. But at $22! Heck, I figured I'd see how many of em they'd buy back, but just the one year which makes sense.

Trying to figure out how to maximize the pricing. Bend in the curve seems to be at 200 points. Going another 50 (250) only gets you an extra $2/pt compared to the 150 - > 200 jump that nets an extra $10/pt.
Hahaha, I think the same but ultimately buy how many you need. 200 points does seem to be the sweet spot unless you typically book 2BRs for a week or more.

If they had this promo for RIV I don’t think I’d be able to resist.. also helps that my UY for RIV is April so I guess it doesn’t apply but I’d pretty much instantly buy 200 points.

If they had this promo for RIV I don’t think I’d be able to resist.. also helps that my UY for RIV is April so I guess it doesn’t apply but I’d pretty much instantly buy 200 points.
The UY angle might save you then, because I'd wager if they're doing it at AKL and VGF then they're probably also doing it at RIV, but I didn't ask. Blink twice if you want me to ask this Guide.

Wow! We are deciding between RIV and VGF for our first contract. We love them both and can’t decide.

Maybe this pushes it over the line for VGF. Thanks for sharing!
We've never stayed at RIV, just rode the skyliner over to see it and it was very good looking, but VGF is great for being able to take the boat or monorail or walk to MK. Loved getting out of MK late at night and taking a quiet boat ride to our dock. It was so easy!

Probably can't go wrong with either, but we're definitely going VGF.

We've never stayed at RIV, just rode the skyliner over to see it and it was very good looking, but VGF is great for being able to take the boat or monorail or walk to MK. Loved getting out of MK late at night and taking a quiet boat ride to our dock. It was so easy!

Probably can't go wrong with either, but we're definitely going VGF.
The late nights at VGF and the boat rides back are a HUGE factor for us also. So peaceful and wonderful at the end of the day.

Not to mention we love going back over to MK after a day at another park to just have a nice stress free walk around! Tough choice. But a good tough choice to have.

The late nights at VGF and the boat rides back are a HUGE factor for us also. So peaceful and wonderful at the end of the day.

Not to mention we love going back over to MK after a day at another park to just have a nice stress free walk around! Tough choice. But a good tough choice to have.
Yep! That's exactly what we did last year with going to other parks then capping the night late at MK and taking that calming boat ride back. Cherry on top. Heading back to VGF to repeat it in a few weeks and very excited.

So is the price per point quoted at the top of this thread the price for $200/pt? We are in ROFR for 125 points at VGF, but I’d add probably another 50-100 direct with magical beginnings at $175.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter