Current Magical Beginnings promotion with Direct

So is the price per point quoted at the top of this thread the price for $200/pt? We are in ROFR for 125 points at VGF, but I’d add probably another 50-100 direct with magical beginnings at $175.
The $197/pt is once you hit 200-249 pts. At 150 pts it's $207/pt and at 175 it's $207/pt. Then going up to 250 pts only drops another $2 to $195/pt.

Then effectively take $22/pt off those numbers for this Magical Beginnings promo.

You still pay the numbers listed above at closing but then, per the Guide, DVD sends you a check for the $22/pt about four weeks later.

Talk with your Broker, but if you're in the ROFR phase then I'd expect you're in a committed contract position.

May not effect anyone here but when we bought our first direct contract in march they said they couldn’t buy back our points as it’s only open to members from the USA (we are from uk).
Oh, we are from the UK and the rep I spoke to at SSR didn’t mention that to me. That’s a shame.

I will just add a nuance - I was told at least ONE contract must be 150 points. I could do one of 150 and a second of 50 if I wanted (I had originally asked about doing 100/50/50).
That's good to know. I was trying to decide how best to split it to avoid one larger contract. Sounds like for 200 pts I'll have to go 150+50 which is probably best anyway to protect the blue card status down the road if we decide to peel off some points from VGF.

If I passed ROFR on our very first dvc contract (awaiting closing docs) would we qualify for the current member pricing or not until the contracts is closed?

This thread really got me thinking of adding direct

If I passed ROFR on our very first dvc contract (awaiting closing docs) would we qualify for the current member pricing or not until the contracts is closed?

This thread really got me thinking of adding direct
I'm pretty sure you would need to close and have your membership show up on the DVC website to count as a current member. New member prices are a little higher than Current, but they may still offer the buyback as an option. You could also get the $500 credit as a referred new member, but that doesn't quite offset the higher new-member vs current-member pricing.

I'm pretty sure you would need to close and have your membership show up on the DVC website to count as a current member. New member prices are a little higher than Current, but they may still offer the buyback as an option. You could also get the $500 credit as a referred new member, but that doesn't quite offset the higher new-member vs current-member pricing.

What I am figuring as well.

Just keep in mind to adjust the math. Much less attractive as you are paying some portion of (prorated) dues for 2023 points. The deal is most attractive if you are getting 2022 points, as they are dues free.
So if i bought a VGF contract today with a Dec use year, i would get 150 points from 2022, and in Dec i would get another 150 points?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter