Current Magical Beginnings promotion with Direct

Just got off with a guide and now am a blue card member!

We jumped on the AKL offer for 150 points at $196 a point (new member pricing). We also did magical beginnings of $22 a point for a price of $174 a point.

Originally got pitched a Saratoga Springs contract at $202 a point, their offer was $3 off for a 150 point contract.
yay! congratulations. enjoy the animals. 🦓🦒
they are making this too easy...so tempting

Just got off with a guide and now am a blue card member!

We jumped on the AKL offer for 150 points at $196 a point (new member pricing). We also did magical beginnings of $22 a point for a price of $174 a point.

Originally got pitched a Saratoga Springs contract at $202 a point, their offer was $3 off for a 150 point contract.

So, as a current member this would be a little bit cheaper - wondering whether waiting till your resale contracts clear ROFR would have been an option? Or do you have to be a current member for a certain amount of time to get the current member deal?

So, as a current member this would be a little bit cheaper - wondering whether waiting till your resale contracts clear ROFR would have been an option? Or do you have to be a current member for a certain amount of time to get the current member deal?
We officially became members in the dvc system last Saturday via resale. The Guide said we are good to go as "current members" to get the better pricing. So I'm guessing it's immediate after DVD adds you to the system.

good idea! do you know the current member pricing?

It would have been $5 cheaper a current members. The deal ends on 5/1 so our resale wouldn’t have closed in time.

No the AKL incentive $14 off for non member and $19 for member (based on 150 points).
Phew! *backs off from scramble mode*

The Guide I spoke with said "oh you never know" more or less when I asked if there was an end date on the MB promo.

This may be a dumb question, but if I buy pts direct at VGF is the deed expiration still 2062? I ask because when I recently toured there, I asked the DVC sales person to sell me on why I should buy direct over resale, and his main answer was it was a 50 year contract. Or maybe I misunderstood?

This may be a dumb question, but if I buy pts direct at VGF is the deed expiration still 2062? I ask because when I recently toured there, I asked the DVC sales person to sell me on why I should buy direct over resale, and his main answer was it was a 50 year contract. Or maybe I misunderstood?
Not a dumb question. Yes, still 2064 at VGF. Same end date for everyone there whether you buy direct or go get resales elsewhere.

Also to clarify everyone’s contract at a certain resort ends on the same day. VGF expires 1/31/2064 regardless of when you bought in. The only way to get the full 50 years of use is if you bought as soon as they start selling the resort like if you bought VDH this year.

Not a dumb question. Yes, still 2064 at VGF. Same end date for everyone there whether you buy direct or go get resales elsewhere.
Thanks. That makes sense to me. It must be he meant contracts in active sales tend to have more years than many on the resale market. But I do think how he said it was misleading.

Is it worth it to sell my 180-point resale contract VGF and buy direct VGF at this point?

Would all depend on your reasons for doing it....if these are restricted points which can't be used at RIV, VDH, and the future resorts, it might be worth the extra if those are places you want to stay. If you buy 150, you would be eligible for membership extras, if you don't have them, and want the option to be part of that.

But, it will cost you out of pocket to do that, unless you buy fewer points...only you can decide if it makes sense.

Is it worth it to sell my 180-point resale contract VGF and buy direct VGF at this point?
Maybe check the ROFR thread to get a feel for resale prices then compare to buying 180 pts at $182/pt (that's after Magical Beginnings and if you go up to 200 pts it's $175/pt) and calculate in closing costs on both your sale and new direct purchase. See if the delta there exceeds your personal value in having direct / blue card.

An immediate bonus to us will be saving $900 getting two Sorcerer Passes vs two Incredipasses.

My struggle now is deciding between the bare minimum of 150 to get blue card or going to 200 for the deeper discount.

Would all depend on your reasons for doing it....if these are restricted points which can't be used at RIV, VDH, and the future resorts, it might be worth the extra if those are places you want to stay. If you buy 150, you would be eligible for membership extras, if you don't have them, and want the option to be part of that.

But, it will cost you out of pocket to do that, unless you buy fewer points...only you can decide if it makes sense.
My resale is a restricted contract since I purchased it in 2020, however, I do have a direct RIV contract which allows me to have membership extras. My kids are still young and we will be going to Disney for quite some time. This might be the chance to sell my resale and just have all direct points. Decisions!

My resale is a restricted contract since I purchased it in 2020, however, I do have a direct RIV contract which allows me to have membership extras. My kids are still young and we will be going to Disney for quite some time. This might be the chance to sell my resale and just have all direct points. Decisions!

It is a tough one. I can tell you that I did not like having restricted and unrestricted points and did end up selling a BLT one because of it. Now, it will be direct only...though, we really don't need more than 900, so I am trying really hard NOT to buy more!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter