CURRENT Good/Bad Internet and eBay Pin Sellers

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the other thread. pins_surplus not currently listing any items, still in the red.

pinsurplus - judging from their feedback I would buy at your own risk. They seem to not have themselves together and send used items claiming new and take forever to ship, according to the feedback. That does not mean you will have a bad experience. Nobody here has remarked on them so it is tough to say. You can not go by feedback alone, especially when there is that large of volume. I set up a new saved search the other day and some of their items came up in it, coincidentally, and I saved them to my watch list, but I have not purchased from them and don't know if I will. If you purchase from them, please let us know how it goes.

I am going to try one of their new, sealed lots. I'll report back how the transaction goes and the condition of the pins. I'm starting early for our summer trip so I'm not scrambling at the last minute (like usual!).

So to follow up with my scrappers ebay purchase. I opened a case with ebay and the seller has agreed to give me a refund once i have mailed them back.

My question is should i give the seller negative feedback to let other buyers know that they sent me scrapper pins?

Hi

I have a question!

I am a seller listed in red, and am very concerned with this. Although my business does not seem to be impacted by this, I still value the opinions on this board and my reputation :)

The post indicates sellers in red sell scrappers, which I definitely do not! All of the discussion/feedback related to my selling on this forum that is negative actually states that I do NOT sell scrapper pins, but instead focuses on my attitude. The negative comments made by my attitude come from a competetive seller, and are years old! The period of time related to my alleged bad attitude is long, long past and I have definitely focused on changing any negative aspects, as I always try to improve when possible based on any feedback. Is there any way to change this? Any feedback or advice is very, very welcome, and thanks in advance to anyone who replies!

Excellent, well-thought answer, and MUCH appreciated! I really appreciate the time you took to type all of that out. I will PM you my name as soon as I get my quota of posts (and apologize for the duplicate posts, urgh!!) I will hold off posting my seller name publicly just to be sure I am not stepping on any toes.

I have actually been aware of the bad rank for awhile. My attitude used to be "Who cares? I know for myself I don't sell scrappers" and also, to be quite honest, at that time my attitude WAS bad--to certain types of buyers. And by that, I mean the abusive buyers who bullied, harassed, and used feedback manipulation to get lower prices, to name a few examples. (Thankfully feedback manipulation is now harder for a buyer to get away with) My outlook was that I was not going to smile and be nice to really bad, abusive buyers. However, I realize now that smiling and being nice to jerks is important, not to the jerks themselves, but to others who may be watching, if that makes sense.

I did do a search, and the negative comments that I found (unless I am missing something) all come from one competing seller, who I won't name, because I don't want to stoop to the same behavior this competing seller has....and I want to make sure I am respecting the rules on this forum. Since those posts by the one seller, I have found at least two other people recommending me, at least one of whom stated they ere hesitant to buy from me based on the comments made by the competing seller, but did so anyway and recommended me in the end.

Anyway, agin, thanks SO much for your time and response!!

I just wanted to tell y'all about a good experience I had with a ebay seller. I bought a "lot" of pins from him. It was the only lot he had for sale so I figured they were personally owned by him and would be legit. I got the pins for around $16 with shipping and there were 15 pins, he also included 2 free ones. The pins were horrible....there may have been 2 or 3 that were legit. I contacted him about the scrappers. He had no idea what I meant by a scrapper so I gave him some info. He said he had no clue that there was something wrong with them as he had picked these up at a yard sale. Like I said, he didn't have other lots for sale. I told him I would like a refund and I would ship the pins back. He agreed. Well I got sick and after getting better a week later I just decided to keep the pins and trash the ones that were really bad and give the rest to my niece and nephew (who don't trade). I messaged him to tell him and he said okay. I was surprised the next day when my full amount on money, including shipping was refunded. I won't mention his ebay name on here because like I said, he does not sell pins regularly. This was the only pins I saw on any of his feedback. Some people don't know what they are selling you are bad pins and I was glad I found one that would work with me!

Also...thank you for this new thread. We are off to Disney in a week and have about 50 traders we will be trading bought from reputable ebay dealers.:cool1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter