CURRENT Good/Bad Internet and eBay Pin Sellers

Status
Not open for further replies.
what is the easiest way of telling if they are crapper :rotfl: scrappers?

If you look at the pin in good light, the surface should be glossy and smooth. If the surface is dull and you can see brush strokes going across the pin it's a scrapper. The edges of the pin should also be smooth with no jagged parts on the metal.

This is not the only type of scrapper out there, but most of the direct from china pins that end up on eBay in lots will be that type.

There are other guidelines, but I find that if I stick to this rule I can avoid most scrappers and I don't stress about it.

I found about 50 pins.. What's the best way to find out if any are valuable?

Try looking for them on eBay as individual pins. You can also check pinpics.com. But chances are very small that they are particularly valuable, unless they are limited edition, excellent condition (with the original card), or quite old.

I wanted to buy from bizzybee1 today, but they are on vacation. Hope they come back soon - we have bought twice from them and had great experiences!

I now feel the need to look over my girls pins :( not that they care if it is real or not because they trade them for what they like and how they remember the trips we take. Just the other day one of the girls said, mom that year I was sooooo into Tigger, do you see how many Tigger pins I got that trip. :)

I was just starting to look for a new trip starter set (we buy a set in the park) online so we had them before we hit the park this time. Now I feel overloaded with WHO, WHERE, WHAT, etc to buy from. :scared1::confused3

Thank you for the FYI everyone I sure hope to figure this out and have real pins before we go this next time. :)

I have purchased from oldmooma in the past and just purchased another 100 pins. She sends excellent pins - in sealed packages, on pin backs, or booster packs. All legit and some of them too nice to trade. Great to work with and fantastic prices from $1.75-$2.25 a pin.

I dont know how I missed thetreasure on the bad list when I referred to the list here. But I got 2 lots of pins listed as "trader pins" all were fake, the lots included duplicates and even fakes of newer released pins like the princess high heels. I dont return them I just let my kids have them to play with. I dont want them in circulation so I dont send them back. Not like it matters much seeing they probably have 1000000s of them. I only trade legitimate pins and and trade for pins I like, if it happens to be a scrapper I just keep it. My kids dont care what they get, but I dont have the heart to trade fakes to anyone, including cast members.

Just a heads up on bigdon45 (he's on the orange list)...

We purchased a set from him recently based on the picture he posted. (This set has known scrappers out there.) The picture clearly shows that the set was not scrappers. However, when we got them, they definitely were scrappers.

We asked if he had a set that matched the picture and he couldn't really tell us. So it was kind of a bait and switch technique. He did offer for us to send them back and even pay for the return shipping. I was really mad though about the posting of a picture which was not the set he was selling.

Just bought a small lot from Old Mooma as well as a single pin. Can't wait to see if she lives up to the hype.

Just bought a small lot from Old Mooma as well as a single pin. Can't wait to see if she lives up to the hype.

We were really happy. We spent $32 for 21 pins (all new and on the cards). One pin we got was a pirates one my son really wanted but we forgot to buy on our last trip. It was $12 in the store!

So, why isn't this list continually updated? I have read SEVERAL updates from people and the list hasn't changed. One "good" transaction and once they are on the good seller list, that's where they stay? And one "bad" transaction and they land on the bad sellers list and that's where they stay?? Sorry...if that's the case, then this list is VERY unhelpful and a waste of time.

So, why isn't this list continually updated? I have read SEVERAL updates from people and the list hasn't changed. One "good" transaction and once they are on the good seller list, that's where they stay? And one "bad" transaction and they land on the bad sellers list and that's where they stay?? Sorry...if that's the case, then this list is VERY unhelpful and a waste of time.

We were really happy. We spent $32 for 21 pins (all new and on the cards). One pin we got was a pirates one my son really wanted but we forgot to buy on our last trip. It was $12 in the store!

Probably scrapers at that price, but if they look good, that's what counts! :thumbsup2

Mike

This is rude and very unnecessary, the thread owner is the only person who can make the updates and she does have a busy life outside this board. All the thread owners that have kept this list updated do so on their own time and with very little thanks, posts like this are discouraging. There are multiple eBay threads, the information on this one was mostly taken from those earlier threads, in fact they are all based on information going back to the first eBay thread, post #1 gets copied and pasted into a new thread when the old one gets too long and the discussions keep going into the new thread. The information on the first post is updated as the thread owner has time and as more information is reported by our posters. Traditionally as new information is reported sellers are moved to the yellow or orange list but that is at the discretion of the thread owner. If you would like to volunteer to take over and keep the list updated I'm sure the current thread owner would be fine with that, you just need to start your own thread and go from there. :)

I wish I would have seen this thread before I bought 85 pins from 423disneypinfreak

They have already been shipped.
When I get them what is the easiest way of telling if they are crapper :rotfl: scrappers?

I don't want to bring them to trade if my son will just end up being upset because the refuse to accept them! :confused3

Did you receive the pins? How do they look? I have bought many bulk pins on ebay and never have had one problem trading them at the parks, DTD, or on the ships. I've even kept some of them for my collection.

Mike

. I really am not looking forward to taking the time to go through them to determine scrappers, since I bought them to for the kids to trade at DL in Nov, I just might throw them in the drawer and forget about it :(

Why don't you just trade them at DL? :confused3 I'm sure the CM's will be happy to trade them. :thumbsup2

Mike

This is rude and very unnecessary, the thread owner is the only person who can make the updates and she does have a busy life outside this board. All the thread owners that have kept this list updated do so on their own time and with very little thanks, posts like this are discouraging. There are multiple eBay threads, the information on this one was mostly taken from those earlier threads, in fact they are all based on information going back to the first eBay thread, post #1 gets copied and pasted into a new thread when the old one gets too long and the discussions keep going into the new thread. The information on the first post is updated as the thread owner has time and as more information is reported by our posters. Traditionally as new information is reported sellers are moved to the yellow or orange list but that is at the discretion of the thread owner. If you would like to volunteer to take over and keep the list updated I'm sure the current thread owner would be fine with that, you just need to start your own thread and go from there. :)

I completely agree! I find this thread very helpful!

Did you receive the pins? How do they look? I have bought many bulk pins on ebay and never have had one problem trading them at the parks, DTD, or on the ships. I've even kept some of them for my collection.

Mike

Why don't you just trade them at DL? :confused3 I'm sure the CM's will be happy to trade them. :thumbsup2

Mike

these posts condone the trading of scrappers, that is NOT what this thread is about. Please refrain from posting such things. As a DL trader I would appreciate not receiving scrappers when doing my trades.

I completely agree! I find this thread very helpful!

:thumbsup2

It isn't rude, it is a VALID question. The OP of this thread decided to take on the responsibility of handling the task. There are sellers on eBay who have businesses that are being hurt or helped unnecessarily by the lack of updates from this entire series of posts. If the poster cannot keep up, ask for help. But do one sit on a high horse and claim that you are the ultimate resource and the end all be all of internet pin sellers when the thread is not continually updated. That is all I am saying. If it was accurate, I would also find this very informative and helpful...but it is not. So, now people are using the first pages of this thread to make decisions as to buy from someone or not....and it is outdated, inaccurate information.

It isn't rude, it is a VALID question. The OP of this thread decided to take on the responsibility of handling the task. There are sellers on eBay who have businesses that are being hurt or helped unnecessarily by the lack of updates from this entire series of posts. If the poster cannot keep up, ask for help. But do one sit on a high horse and claim that you are the ultimate resource and the end all be all of internet pin sellers when the thread is not continually updated. That is all I am saying. If it was accurate, I would also find this very informative and helpful...but it is not. So, now people are using the first pages of this thread to make decisions as to buy from someone or not....and it is outdated, inaccurate information.

I agree if you start something you finish it or delete it. I'm sure this person is on here all the time so to update shouldn't take long if you keep up on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter