• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruising Wonder while Magic in drydock....

Wishing on a star

DIS Veteran
We didn't realize when we booked our cruise on the Wonder that it would be the week that the Magic goes into drydock! I am wondering if this will mean that that the Wonder will be packed to capacity, even though it is way OFF season? Or would this have little effect on the 4 day cruises?

I know that last time I checked, the price of our cruise had gone up a bit since we booked, while the surrounding weeks have stayed the same.

So, I also wonder if there could be some big event or something going on that week? Would there be any way to find that out?

Anybody know anything about situations like these?

Thanks!

I don't think the magic's being in dry dock would really effect the wonder as they are different iteneries. We did the wonder once but do not care for the bahamas and prefer the caribbean so I would not sail the wonder anyhow, I'd just pick another week that the magic is available. That said however, even in "way off' season the ships are usually pretty full regardless. But you really don't notice all the people, it's not like you are standing in line at the parks. The closer you get to a cruise the more the price goes up. (early booking discounts are eliminated) that is why your cruise went up, the surrounding weeks may not have filled their "tier" yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter