Cruisin' a DREAM and WDW July 2-July 15th TR updated 1/25:Final Entry! page 15

I'm in! And please, lots and lots of pictures! Congrats on your new home in Ca, that's quite a move!

And just so DH knows, I already ordered the photopass CD, so that hopefully will arrive shortly! Man, it takes a while to add all the borders to those pictures and boy do we have a lot! At least my job is done....I took all the notes and ordered the pictures...DH should whip out this trip report in no time!:thumbsup2

And just so DH knows, I already ordered the photopass CD, so that hopefully will arrive shortly! Man, it takes a while to add all the borders to those pictures and boy do we have a lot! At least my job is done....I took all the notes and ordered the pictures...DH should whip out this trip report in no time!:thumbsup2

Without you, he'd be lost. Look forward to the entertaining (I'm sure) TR...in addition to getting pointers for our upcoming Dream cruise.

Yo.....ho....ho.....and a bottle of.....Oh wait, you haven't started your TR yet. :lmao:

Please post here when you start your new thread so we know where to stalk....oops, I mean...harass....oops...I mean follow you. Yup, that's it, follow you.
:littleangel:

ACK! my Trip Report went to the second page. That is just wrong. You people are supposed to keep the TR up on the front page, even if I don't even glance at it for a few weeks!

My apologies, priority has been on getting our new house set up, getting the kids in school, etc...etc...but I think I have finally reached a point where I'm comfortable taking time away from putting things away (well, ok, so I'm escaping....don't tell DW! I'm like Dory...ESCAPE (pronounced escapA), it's spelled just like Escape. Ahem. That made zero sense at all. But as I always like to say, you get what you pay for!

While this first edition won't have too many pictures, there will be plenty, trust me. Between our camera and our photopass CD...we have alot.

But before I get going, I have forgotten in my last few TR's to do the shortened version. Some of you may be going on a trip sooner than later, and some of you may not have the patience to have to dig through my mundane blather in order to get to the meat of the story. Yes, if you are a person who flips to the back of the book to find out what happened before reading the rest of the book, this section is for you. Ready?

We got on a plane, we landed, we checked into our timeshare, we went to a park, then another park, then a water park, and then a park, and disneyquest, then another water park, then a park, then a park, then we drove, then we stayed in a hotel, then we boarded, we sailed, and we disembarked. Happy?

For the rest of you, buckle in. Have you ever seen anyone who had neck surgery? they wear those big plastic things that keep their heads perfectly straight? I recommend you go buy one of those so that when you fall asleep at the keyboard you don't smash your head on it and end up with "f" "g", "J" and maybe "t" permanently implanted there. I cannot be held responsible. Do I need a waiver??? :rotfl2:

anyhooooo...you all know the back story leading up to this and the nightmare that was selling our house. This particular entry will start on July 2, a lovely Saturday in beautiful Amherst, NH. Today was the day we were to head to Florida.

Wait, before I start. Just a warning. This is a combo Disneyworld and Disney Cruise TR. Sorry about that. If you don't want to read about the World, I suggest you return in about 2 months. I should be writing about the cruise by then! :thumbsup2

As you read, things had been bumpy for our house...and this morning was no different. We welcomed an electrician as well as the folks to put in fire sprinklers in our basement. We were leaving a noon. Being the enternal optimist that I am, I was sure they would be done before we leave. Yeah, right. DW had to run the dog to the kennel lady (she is awesom. If you live in southern New Hampshire PM me and I'll give you her e-mail. She essentially lives 2 hours away from us, but comes down a couple times a week to drop off and pick up dogs. She exercises them daily, takes pictures and puts them on facebook...etc. Very nice, but I digress...*sigh*, if you don't know me by now...I will do that alot.)

By 11:30 it was clear that they guys were not going to finish, luckily we had a neighbor to come and lock up...we told them goodbye and headed out. Any idea how hard it is to walk away with your house wide open with a bunch of strangers in it? Just chalk that one up along with the many other strange things we had to do to sell our house!

so it was off to the bus. New Hampshire has this bus service that will take you to Logan Airport in Boston. Cheap and easy...so we just parked our car in a park-n-ride lot, and jumped on the bus. Since we are all about timing we arrived about 5 minutes before the bus left...nice! hop on and away we go. It takes about an hour and a half to get down there, but no worries about the traffic or anything else...just sit and read your book. And when we got there we got our first bit of pixie dust magic...we offered a tip to the driver and he turned it down. Crazy! Who turns down Money? I'll have to keep my eye on this guy. :goodvibes But it was good...since we had been raining money down on everyone in the world the previous several months...and knowing that we were soon going to enter the wallet vacuum zone (come on, you gotta know what I mean with this...once you pass under the arch (picture to come soon), a vacuum attaches to your wallet and does not let go until you are dry. And then the mouse starts using your credit card! :rotfl:

HA! anyway...if you recal our trip in the spring we flew on Continental...not a good experience at all. Do I learn from my mistakes??? Well...YES! of course I do! I can't believe you doubted me. I might not be able to carry on with this TR (oh, TR is Trip Report for those of you who don't yet speak fluent DIS. In past TR's I spelled everything out in a helpful way, but some of you have been with me for quite some time...you should be up to speed by now. Feel free to ask if I use an acronym that you are unaware of. :) )

OK, fine, I'll carry on, but no doubting me again. In addition to the bus driver, I clearly need to keep an eye on you guys. :sail:

So, back to my story. Given that we DID learn our lesson with Continental we were flying Delta. I have not flown Delta for quite some time, so wasn't sure what to expect. We made it through security without an issue, and I was actually happy as we were in the new Terminal A...which is beautiful. The only bad thing about it is they make you walk 6.5 miles (approximately) to the gates. I understand that I need to lose some weight...but come on! Seriously! more on the distance when I come back into Boston (yes I said when I come back into Boston...not We...ooooh, foreshadowing! I'm at it again. Ha!)

When we booked our flight we didn't have seat assignments...and we were told we would get them at the gate. So we hit the gate and they weren't ready. Off to lunch at Fudruckers...let the eating things in large amounts commence! Then it was back to the gate. Checked with the lady at the counter...and there was something very, very strange going on. Something I would never have expected at the airport. She was NICE! and even a bit funny. :faint: At this point I'm not sure what to make of it. I mean...I've seen nice people before...just never at the airport.

It would turn out that all the Delta employees were nice. Flight Attendants...gate attendants. It was a strange feeling. Now that I live out in California it will be hard...but I'm going to try to fly Delta. I'm all about friendly people.

OOH, time to board. And surely you don't care about how nice the Delta people are. Heck, most of you are here to read a TR about DCL. Ahem...sorry about the long wait you are about to endure. We got on and the seats had so much more room than the Continental ones. We were not in any special section, so I was pretty impressed with the space they gave us. Not uncomfortable at all. Again...weird.

Shortly after we took off they came around with a cart. With snacks. Free snacks. Really. Free. again, crazy. clearly these people don't know how to run an airline.

Ah, I must digress because I forgot to share something with all of you. For those of you who are regulars on the DIS boards, the DCL component...you probably have read that you should get all your stuff out that you want to take on the cruise, and then cut it in half. We took that to the nth degree. Unfortunately Delta does follow the other airlines in that they charge you to check bags. We are cheap...and didn't want to pay those fees. So we put all of our stuff for a week at Disney World and a 5 night cruise into one carry on bag each. Yup. One bag. We went mega minimalist. Now, we had a washer and dryer in our timeshare...so that allowed us to do laundry...but essentially we had our shirts that DW made, a couple pairs of shorts, one pair of swim trunks, and several other t-shirts. I also had one pair of slacks, one pair of dress shoes and 3-4 polo type shirts for the cruise. That's it, and again it all fit in the one carry on suitcase. And you know what? We didn't die or anything...or cry about missing clothes. More on space in the cabin when we get there....but I had to share that. Yeah...we are pretty cool. We know it! :lmao:

We landed around 5:30...We had reserved our car at Budget. Again. If you read previous TR's...the first Disney Cruise we ever took we rented from Budget and made a huge mistake. Any of you remember what it is? If I had anything to offer I'd offer a prize for the first one to PM me. But alas I now live in California...that giant Mickey Wallet Sucking Machine is nothing compared to the California Wallet Sucking Machine...so I got nothing.

**************First Tip Coming********************
I like to grandstand on my tips. Now I've probably done this 100 times. Sign up for whatever car companies frequent renter program. Most of these will then allow you to bypass the counter and go right out to the garage. We didn't do this a few years ago and waited a couple hours to get a car :scared1:

Doing this will save you alot of heartache! Don't make the mistake I did a few years ago. :)

But as I DO learn from my mistakes....we were out of there relatively quickly. Budget, by the way, was by far the cheapest for the week, and to drop off and pick up in Cocoa Beach. I recommend them. And you know I don't recommend things lightly!

So we were off to our Villa. We do not own DVC. We own Marriott. As I don't want to get flamed, I'm not going to comment. :)

We booked at the Imperial Palms resort...which has 3 bedrooms. The master...and then each kid had their own room. We tried a few times to get a couple of people to join us...but apparently we smell. Our neighbors who are joining us on the cruise couldn't for a variety of reasons. Maybe they don't think we smell. I'm sure they will chime in at some point.

Some pictures (thanks for bearing with me through the non-picture part of the story)

DSC_1130.jpg
This is our villa from the front door. It has been redone in the last few years..granite, very nice kitchen, etc.

DSC_1136.jpg
The main room from the other direction.

DSC_1134.jpg
The master

DSC_1132.jpg
One of the two bedrooms. This one had a queen and a pullout.

DSC_1131.jpg
The other bedroom. OK, OK, the pictures are not from the day we stepped into the place. Unless they didn't bother to straighten up the room! ACK! :scared1:

DSC_1135.jpg
The view. There was a cute little lake out behind our villa. Very nice.

Normally we request to be on the top floor so we don't get the noise from the villas above us. This is a holdover from DW's parents...and the many years we went to their timeshares. But we got a bottom corner unit on this trip...Boy was that lucky. We were so happy we had the bottom by the end...when you have been out at a park all day and are exhausted...the last thing you want to do is climb three flights of stairs to get into your villa. Add to that carrying groceries! yikes!

I will pause here whilst you go get some coffee. I'm almost done with this day. :surfweb: go ahead. No need to worry about the rest of us while you take your time. HEY, come on...seriously? do you need that much sugar in your coffee??

Need to have groceries for the week. When we do Disney World we bring our food in so that we can spend our money on other things. This started a few years ago when we went to Disneyland Paris. We did it there because everywhere we read said that the food was terrible. And it was..the one day we didn't carry our food in. We have gotten in a habit of getting baguettes, smearing them with Brie cheese and adding salami. Yum. We also wanted breakfast stuff and some snacks. We were going to eat dinner out (which is partly why we were bringing in lunch!).

What better place to go to get your food cheap than Walmart? We found one right down the road on Vineland avenue in Kissime. HOLY COW, what a mistake. This place was an absolute Zoo, and I wouldn't wish our experience on anyone. NOT MAGICAL AT ALL!!! There were 10,543 people packed into this store...all of whom were rude, oblivious to the world and just plain pushy. But we needed to get our food...and we did. By the time we were done we didn't want to stop anywhere for dinner...so we bought a few things to eat in the Villa. This short period of time was the most exhausting of the whole trip. Can you believe that? Anyway, avoid this walmart at all costs. I surely won't ever return there! Sheesh! :)

So it was off to the villa, a quick dinner and then to bed about 10pm. DW had our week planned out in....

Chapter 2: Hollywood Studios!

Yay!!! You're back and writing again! You have until Oct 24 to finish before I go to DL and then onto an MR cruise :banana:

:rotfl:

At least that's before I leave on 03/18/12!

Sorry Tinklover...I'm attached to QuiltTeddy and feel I must meet her deadline. So I promise to finish by March 18, 2012!! :) Just kidding. Another edition most likely tomorrow!

DZ

As I have never written a Disneyworld Trip report, and did post my link over there, I will apologize to all of you who have just joined us. I drag on and on, and on. I try to keep it light, and provide the occassional nugget here and there, but I can't promise anything. My main motto here is "you get what you pay for". Yup. There you go. :thumbsup2

Anyhooooo it's finally off to the world. If you don't know us by now...you haven't been reading and should...oh never mind. If you haven't read my other TR's you probably never will. Needless to say we are a bit nuts about all things Disney...so do crazy things. Like get up early to go to the parks on vacation. So it was up at 7am, cram food down our throats and head that direction. OK, so we didn't end up leaving until 8am, but arrived about 8:15, have I mentioned I loved the location of our timeshare? Really, other than staying on property we couldn't have been closer...and when you consider if we *did* stay on property we would have had to take the bus...much longer than 15-20 minutes! :)

DSC_0946.jpg
The entry to the World. Big signs here that say "don't stop!". Pretty funny. What the heck did they expect. A big huge cool Disney sign...yeah...no one is going to want to get a picture of that. They should do what they do in Vegas...make a pull off spot so that people that want to shoot a picture can do so. Me? I just drove with one hand and took a picture with the other. Well, my other hand wasn't driving, I was texting...and also playing a game on my ipod. Distracted driver??? never.

Just kidding, DW took the pic. :lmao:

We were let in about 8:45, up to the rope. Of course we had to walk, not run. Disney is very clear about that. Again...I think they could set it up in a way so that people wouldn't want to run. But more on running later when we get to Animal Kingdom. Whew! that was a toughie. Honestly I think Disney loves to have people run to the rides. It creates a big buildup and gets people fired up.

They picked a few kids to help open the park...and had the director out there pretending to do a shoot before it opens. Frankly I wasn't impressed. When we were here last they did a little show before they opened which was very cool to watch. Clearly they are cutting back. But it didn't matter, we were going to run those little kids over to get to Toy Story!

*************tip**********************
So you are on the DIS boards, and probably already know this. But maybe there are some newbies who have not been to WDW...here is your first tip. When you go to Hollywood Studios get there before the park opens...and head straight for Toy Story. Get a fastpass and then jump in line. Yes you will wait a bit longer than those that didn't get a fastpass...but if you wait until after you ride likely the return time for fastpasses will be in the afternoon. They go that fast. It's incredible! And if you don't get faspasses you will have to wait in this:

DSC_0975.jpg
Yup that does say 100 minutes.

Do you want to ride Toy Story? Does a bear poop in the woods...or does my dog get up ever friggin morning at like 5am??? Yeah, you do. It's a very fun and entertaining ride. Your arm will be sore after going a few times...but you most likely will not be able to ride as many times as you would like to.

Anyway, I digress. DW's job is to get the fastpasses while I hang onto the kids and try not to lose them in the tide of humanity that is running, er walking, for the ride.

We hopped in line and only had to wait about 10 minutes. DW won that round (its sort of a competition), but the gun in my ride wasn't working. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Based on reading DW's journal she clearly doesn't believe it really did break. But it did! I complained, and they offered for me to ride again. I said no just automatically. What the heck was I thinking.

****************tip**************
yeah, another one. When offered a second chance to ride, do NOT turn it down. DUH! How stupid could I be???

DSC_0947.jpg
DW and the kids inside Toy Story.

DSC_0952.jpg
Nick on Toy Story. This is actually a ride where, in my opinion, they should offer photopass. They don't, unfortunately...

We had heard about Star Tours being updated, so we headed there next, intending to get fast passes for it. But the stand-by wait time was only 10 minutes...so we jumped on instead. This was very cool for a couple of reasons. They added C3P0 instead of the random droid driver. I liked that because he is an actual character which made it all more real. The ride was very fun, and my understanding is that there are many variations on it and that it would be unlikely that you would get the same scenes over again.

However, on another note, I'm not sure why they had to close it down for so long. Why? From what I could tell, the actual movement of the ship was exactly the same as before. I don't know this for a fact, but based on what I remember of the old version it felt the same. It's still very worth going, just don't think they needed to wait so long to open it up. Of course they added 3d...which was great. So maybe I'm way off base. I'm sure I'll get flamed if that's the case! :) it is one you don't want to miss...but of course we didn't return to it during this trip. Yeah, I get it...that makes no sense...but it's true!

DSC_0982.jpg
Quick picture outside Star Tours. Connor is good at looking like he is barely hanging on!

Since we didn't get fastpasses for Star Tours we headed over to get fast passes (hearafter refered to as FP. I've seen lots of legal documents and that's how they always do it. Well, ok, they do Fast Pass (FP) and then move on. They also don't spend three sentances explaining it. I can't believe I devoted so much space to this issue...then again, YOU are reading it. Hmmmm.

Grabbed FP's (Fast Pass, come ON! :) ) for Rockin' Roller Coaster, and then headed back to ride Toy Story again. On the way we picked up a snack, I got a frozen banana (not bad, but nothing really to write home about...or to write in a TR...DOH!), DW got a Pineapple bar, and the boys got Itzacadoozie.

DSC_0955.jpg
aw...aren't they cute. Yup, we had matching shirts. Did I mention that DW did that? We looked great, and got approximately 5,432 comments per day...but I wasn't really keeping track, it was probably more. They turned out great...really I think if we brough extras we could have run a black market Disney shirt selling business. We also would have gone to Mickey Jail...which I hear is a pain in the ear. Get it? Ha!

Photo0015FourBySix.jpg
Stopped for a photopass picture on the way over.

*****************tip**************
if you pre-order your photopass CD, you can take as many pictures as you want for $99. If you are really trying you can make that very worth it. There used to be a sharing thing on the DIS boards where groups would go in together...that was even better. I think our last trip we did that with 3 others...so for around $25 we had a couple hundred pictures. Nice value. You can then go online and add borders...etc. Even at $99 I think this is a great deal. We didn't bring our camera very much because of this. I have a great camera, but it gets heavy. Nice to not have to do that and I highly recommend it. By the way, if you tell the CM (That's Cast Member...I hadn't gone there so I'm willing to give you that one) that you pre-ordered the CD they will take more pictures of you. If you go to Hollywood Studios and go to the Streets of America and can find a CM, you might get all kinds of cool pictures which you will see later in my TR.

On Toy Story, DS12 wooped us...apparently I suck even if my gun does work. I used to be good at this friggin' game. How frustrating is that...especially losing to your 12 year old. I know, I know...start getting used to it as likely he will start beating me in all things. *sigh* getting old!

Then it was time for our first Rockin' Roller Coaster (RRC) ride of the day. Yes, I said first, and you will understand why shortly...oooh foreshadowing again. I tell you, I'm good at this writing stuffer....er..not!

DSC_0959.jpg
The boys

DSC_0958.jpg
Nick from behind...no flash photography please! ooops! Those rules clearly don't apply to me, do they? huh? do they??

DSC_0956.jpg
Waiting to get on

Anyhooooo, I love RRC (really, you can't just look up one paragraph to see what I mean by RRC???). I think it's one of the best roller coasters in all the parks...but it doesn't get nearly as long at Toy Story does for a line. I get that the little kids can't do it...but still, I don't think it gets the credit it deserves. And the back story on the ride is fun too...we saw it alot but I never got sick of it. Perhaps I'm a little bit sick in the head though!

DSC_0976.jpg
Me, Connor and Nick outside RRC.

It was lunchtime now...I mentioned that we got things for lunch so we found a spot to eat, got some drinks and sat down. Drinks were the only thing we paid for, got some soda on the first day. After that we went all water, all the time.

***************tip*******************
You can get a cup of water for free at any of the quick serve restaurants. They will give you a receipt for zero dollars. It's the only time the loud sucking sound on your wallet isn't as loud. I actually kept a receipt that said 0 dollars...but DW threw it away. She will claim she never had it, most likely shortly after I post this...but you know that she threw it away thinking it was worthless. Get it? Zero dollar receipt? ha! yeah, I know...they just keep coming. Hope you didn't spit out the coffee on your keyboard on that one! Anyway, the water in all the parks that they give you in a cup (NOT a bottle, that will cost you several dollars) is quite good except for Magic Kingdom. The water there tastes terrible...so don't go there! I know some people use the tip to bring those little mix-in packets to flavor your water. Do that at Magic Kingdom, the others were fine. We definately stayed hydrated using this technique.

DSC_0962.jpg
Connor enjoying his lunch

DSC_0963.jpg
We sent Nick up for 4 more waters at the end of lunch so we would not be thirsty!

I mentioned some cool pics with photopass....here they are...

Photo0060FourBySix.jpg
here we all are in New York

Photo0048FourBySix.jpg
The boys looking cool

Photo0042FourBySix.jpg
All of us again...you bored yet???

Photo0053FourBySix.jpg
Some smoochin' with my woman. Yeehaw!

Photo0071FourBySix.jpg
Apparently Minnie wanted to do some smoochin' with me too. DW was having none of that! don't forget to ask for magic when you do photopass pictures!

Photo0068FourBySix.jpg
speaking of magic, how did Stitch get there?

Photo0067FourBySix.jpg
Who knew Mickey was cruising the town with us??

more later. Otherwise I might lose you! :)

Next up, the American Idol Experience. Done it before, they clearly stack the singers...but it's mildly enteraining, and if someone wins for the day they get a golden ticket to go to the front of the line of American Idol. Our third guy was very good and clearly the best of the three (that's what I mean by stacking...the first two are not nearly as good as the third). But the first guy was very entertaining...so again it was fun to watch.

DSC_0964.jpg
Here we are on American Idol!

It was time for a FP again, so Deanna and the boys headed over for Lights, Action, Motor while I cruised over to Tower of Terror to pick up the FP's.

****************tip***********************
ok, so we all know that Disney can get crowded. But if you use your fastpasses wisely you can really not wait in very many lines. Essentially the way we were doing it we were bouncing back and forth from one side of the park to the other...so by the time we rode a ride we would be due for a fastpass, and then would be ready to ride using our previous fast pass. Mix in a show or two, you shouldn't have to wait at all, and in fact we didn't wait in stand-by lines at all except our first excursion into Star Tours. Don't waste your time in line...there are just so many other things to do!

DSC_0968.jpg
DW and the boys stopped at a firehydrant that was squirting out wate. Fire Hydrants will be come a theme. Yup, more foreshadowing! :)

DSC_0967.jpg
Connor was...um...thirsty?

I found my way to the car show...you definatley want to hit this. We saw this over in France, which is where it came from, and it is definately very fun.

After Lights, action, motor we headed over to the backlot tour. This tour is not nearly as good as Universal Studios, but is always somewhat entertaining and worth going on. Unfortunately they took away one of the fun things of the tour. They used to pick out some volunteers who would act out a scene which they would then play on the screen. It was really cool...but for some reason they have taken that away...not sure if it took too much time or what...but I was dissapointed.

DSC_0974.jpg
The boys on the tour

DSC_0973.jpg
Love this

But after that we hit our first peice of pixie dust on the trip. :tinker:

It was time to ride the Tower of Terror :scared1: just kidding, I'm not really scared of it. But it is one of my favorite rides in the parks. I find it very entertaining...gets my heart pumping and all of that. We were walking up to use our fast passes when a couple came up behind us. They asked if we had FP's...which we did, they said to put them away, that they would say that we were with them. They both had Guest Assistance passes (handicapped essentially), and they have season passes to the World. So they always take people on with them. How cool is that? Their names were Michelle and James.

After riding TOT (Tower of Terror, come on now, please follow along), we went with them to RRC. They were fun to chat with. While waiting in line, however, the ride broke down...and everyone got fast passes that were good through the following friday. So that was pretty cool, though obviously we wanted to ride.

We all bounced out and went with Michelle and James back over to TOT...and rode again. At this point we felt like we didn't want them to feel obligated to hang out with us...so we split up and went in search of more pictures....so yes, it's time for more pics!

Photo0037FourBySix.jpg
Who knew Stitch could come out of the road???

Photo0024FourBySix.jpg
We found Chip and Dale. Nick's favorite characters.

Photo0029FourBySix.jpg
Had to take the pic in front of the hat.

Photo0011FourBySix.jpg
After spending so much money in the parks I needed to earn some money...so somewhere along the way I picked up some balloons. 2 for $1! what a bargain!

Photo0005FourBySix.jpg
Had to get the pick with TOT

Then we were going to head back to TOT and jump on using our fastpass...but who would show up while we took one more picture...but Michelle and James! So we took a pic with them.

Photo0080FourBySix.jpg
If you can't figure out who they are...I just can't help you anymore. you should probably put on a motorcycle helmet so you don't get banged in the head anymore!

So then we had another bit of pixie dust...again thanks to our new friends. While we were in line Michelle was talking with the CM about the Steelers. At some point they dared the CM to ride on TOT with us...so we all got on, including the CM! I'm not sure if they are allowed to do it....but it was pretty cool. Then as soon as the ride ended he shuffled us off to the side, took us in a different door and we rode an elevator back up to the top and got right back on the ride. Very cool! That stuff just doesn't happen to us so it was neat to experience. At the end of the day we rode TOT 5-6 times.

After that it was one more trip to RRC with Michelle and James...but then it was time to say our goodbyes...we really enjoyed meeting them, again it's the little bit of magic that makes WDW really stand out. Not that they will..but if they do, thanks Michelle and James! :)

We figured we would try Toy Story one more time...but if you recall the picture at the beginning of this really long boring TR entry, that was when it was 100 minutes. I have better things to do than that!

We had some remaining FP's (not the ones that were good until Friday as we knew we would be back), and created some magic for another family.

On the way out we were grabbed to do a survey about the park...which didn't take long...essentially asked about the rides we took and the experience in the park. They took us off to the side to this little alcove you wouldn't even know exists.

For dinner it was Chevy's, one of our favorite mexican places (mainly because of the chips and salsa), a quick trip to Super Target (MUCH better than Walmart...whoa...what a difference. I actually felt relaxed!)

Connor managed to get a blister on his foot with his crocs...so we needed to get him flip-flops. You would have thought he was dying by his actions during the day...and the many free band-aids from first aid to cover it up! :)

All-in-all it was a good day, some pixie dust, of course, made it that much better.

That's it for now, let me know if you have any questions, and sorry about the keyboard mark on your forehead from when you fell asleep during my story. :)

Next Up, Chapter 3: Day 2 Epcot and the 4th of July!

Just finished reading your Mexican Rivera report and low and behold you’re at it again….luckily (I think), I stumbled upon this TR. Since I’m going on the Dream in October and the World afterwards I’m finding this captivating. I haven’t even cruised yet and I’m ready to take the West coast one now too thanks to that report. I also just finished reading Cruise Confidential thanks to your recommendation in the TR, good read, very enlightening.

So a cross country move and a cruise, wow! 2 questions for you though and I’m sorry if I missed it in the TR earlier:

1. Did you get house #1 or #2?
2. How far are you from the nearest In-N-Out and was this taken into consideration when picking the house?

You never did give me the receipt. Just saying!:goodvibes

See what I have to deal with? Seriously! and I had only just finished this report. Talk about lurking. Good thing I closed the window with the porn! :rotfl:

Just finished reading your Mexican Rivera report and low and behold you’re at it again….luckily (I think), I stumbled upon this TR. Since I’m going on the Dream in October and the World afterwards I’m finding this captivating. I haven’t even cruised yet and I’m ready to take the West coast one now too thanks to that report. I also just finished reading Cruise Confidential thanks to your recommendation in the TR, good read, very enlightening.

So a cross country move and a cruise, wow! 2 questions for you though and I’m sorry if I missed it in the TR earlier:

1. Did you get house #1 or #2?
2. How far are you from the nearest In-N-Out and was this taken into consideration when picking the house?

First, thank you for the kind words and I'm glad that someone is actually using my tips. I really wish there were more books like Cruise Confidential (there are a few cruise books out there but they are so old you can't get them anymore), because I do enjoy reading about the behind the scenes stuff.

Second, having read a couple of my TR's, you should know that rule #1 is that the posters are not allowed to be more humorous than me. Figment did that, and see? he's gone and no longer posting. OK, so I had to wait over a month to write the report so he would be gone...but still!!

Finally, sorry about not really updating on the house. The house we bought was the one where the guy came back and raised the price by $20k. But we won the battle...we withdrew our offer. They later came crawling back and asked us to offer again. We did...$9,000 less than our last offer. So the guy lost $9,000 because he was trying to be greedy.

The worst part of this story, and I'm not yet sure what to do with it, is that the realtors for the seller lied and said there was another buyer. That clearly is not the case...with I find extremely unethical, you know? But we *did* get the house we wanted, we love it...are mostly moved in now...and able to relax on occassion. I've never lived in a house with a view...that's the best part. I told DW that I feel like I'm on vacation as I look out over the city. Very cool!

Thanks for the comment. :) Glad to see the Disney Dads club coming through. Man Laws and Cheese Balls!

DZ

Second, having read a couple of my TR's, you should know that rule #1 is that the posters are not allowed to be more humorous than me. Figment did that, and see? he's gone and no longer posting. OK, so I had to wait over a month to write the report so he would be gone...but still!!

DZ

Ahhh, but there are some you will never get rid of, no matter how long you wait to post!!!! :rolleyes1

:littleangel:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter