"Cruise Therapy: An Infusion of Magic" Pre-Trip Report for June 20th *COMPLETED*

Good Morning All...

Just a few miscellaneous updates for today...

First of all, my lovely bride alleviated a potential crisis this morning by insisting I call and confirm my tuxedo rental for Formal Night next week. I ordered a tux over a week ago online, but never received a confirmation email. So she insisted that I call and check to be sure it was okay, so I did, and well... it wasn't okay. :sad2: They had no record of my order whatsoever, and the representative that I spoke to was very rude, so I just placed the order over the phone. Good thing I still had the slip with all of my measurements on it!

Also, the other night we had a bit of a production that had absolutly nothing to do with the cruise or cruise planning, but it was sadistically entertaining so I just have to share. The other night, around 10pm, my wife came in from taking a bag of trash outside and when she came back in I noticed a gecko next to her on the wall above our big living room picture window, and he was not offering to save us money on car insurance. His little sucker feet were scurrying diagonal up the wall to the crease between wall and ceiling. Well when I pointed it out, she starting flailing about and running to the other side of the room as if Godzilla's tongue had burst through the front of our house to give her a little lick. :rolleyes:

Being the loving husband that I am... I laughed. :lmao:

What ensued over the next 30 minutes I can not possibly recount with any justice to the events that took place. I can tell you that it included a piano bench, a grill spatula, and tupperwear. Picture chaos. Picture Paul Blart meets the 3 Stooges meets Adam Sandler all trying to exorcise a malevolant spirit from a living space. The outcome: a missing gecko. He was in our sights for awhile, but then... nothing. He just disappeared, and then my wife promptly said she'd never sleep again. If a hero emerged from the spectacle, it was our 16 year old daughter who fought valiantly, but to no avail, for the beast triumphed and disappeared. :scared: That was two nights ago and we haven't seen his slipperly, slimely little tail since... maybe the next owners of the house will find a little gecko skeleton during a remodel.

So other than the tuxedo incident, we doing pretty good... the bedroom is becoming more and more full of odds and ends that are eventually going to be going into suitcases, and the lists are getting shorter and shorter!

FOUR DAYS! :dance3:

Maybe Ollie is the true hero...perhaps he scared away (or ate) the gecko?

:thumbsup2

Good Morning All...

Just a few miscellaneous updates for today...

First of all, my lovely bride alleviated a potential crisis this morning by insisting I call and confirm my tuxedo rental for Formal Night next week. I ordered a tux over a week ago online, but never received a confirmation email. So she insisted that I call and check to be sure it was okay, so I did, and well... it wasn't okay. :sad2: They had no record of my order whatsoever, and the representative that I spoke to was very rude, so I just placed the order over the phone. Good thing I still had the slip with all of my measurements on it!

Also, the other night we had a bit of a production that had absolutly nothing to do with the cruise or cruise planning, but it was sadistically entertaining so I just have to share. The other night, around 10pm, my wife came in from taking a bag of trash outside and when she came back in I noticed a gecko next to her on the wall above our big living room picture window, and he was not offering to save us money on car insurance. His little sucker feet were scurrying diagonal up the wall to the crease between wall and ceiling. Well when I pointed it out, she starting flailing about and running to the other side of the room as if Godzilla's tongue had burst through the front of our house to give her a little lick. :rolleyes:

Being the loving husband that I am... I laughed. :lmao:

What ensued over the next 30 minutes I can not possibly recount with any justice to the events that took place. I can tell you that it included a piano bench, a grill spatula, and tupperwear. Picture chaos. Picture Paul Blart meets the 3 Stooges meets Adam Sandler all trying to exorcise a malevolant spirit from a living space. The outcome: a missing gecko. He was in our sights for awhile, but then... nothing. He just disappeared, and then my wife promptly said she'd never sleep again. If a hero emerged from the spectacle, it was our 16 year old daughter who fought valiantly, but to no avail, for the beast triumphed and disappeared. :scared: That was two nights ago and we haven't seen his slipperly, slimely little tail since... maybe the next owners of the house will find a little gecko skeleton during a remodel.

So other than the tuxedo incident, we doing pretty good... the bedroom is becoming more and more full of odds and ends that are eventually going to be going into suitcases, and the lists are getting shorter and shorter!

FOUR DAYS! :dance3:

I'm sorry "lovely bride" but that is just hysterical! We have gecko's all over the place all the time and yes, you will find a carcass all dried up somewhere when you move the refrigerator for a dusting in the back (yes you are supposed to do this) - or something equally gross. It's funny what "critter" sets us into a state of panic, for me it's spiders... snakes I can handle and do - including rattlersnakes at the stables where we keep our horse... but I've seen tarantula's and I swear to God they've kept me away for MONTHS from a place... I'm glad you lists are getting smaller and hopefully you'll receive your TUX before you have to leave!

He probably slipped out during all the fuss and he's in your neighbor's house watching you guys from a window.::yes::
When I lived in Fla the things that creeped me out the worst were those hideous XXXL roaches they call by the ridiculously polite name "Palmetto bug":scared1:

glad to know the tux issue is sorted out! that is better to know now than later! Olliesmamma is a smart cookie!
ONLY 4 DAYS TO GO!!!:banana::banana::banana:

If you guys check this before you go...have an amazing time! Thanks for all of the fun we have had so far and we look forward to hearing all about your adventures -in true RV style- when you get back!popcorn::

Ollies mom I would have been the same way!

RV and family hope you all have a GREAT TIME.. have a drink for me LOL

It’s here, it’s here, it’s finally here! :banana:

We made it, and I can’t believe it. I am currently sitting in my bedroom among luggage and stacks upon stacks of clothing, and my feet are currently soaking in a warm bath in prep for my first ever home pedicure. Yes folks, the Royal Vizier is having his feet bathed and beautified and filed and whatever’ed by the wonderful and beautiful OlliesMomma. After all, such a howdy-do has been made about my newly purchased flippies that my feet better look as stellar as possible inside of them.

So we officially launched our vacation this evening by going out to dinner at P. F. Changs (one of our favorites) where every flavor of chicken was represented at our table. We had Sesame, Sweet & Sour, Spicy, and Orange. It’s all about the bird in our family… birdivores we are.

Here’s the spread:
DSCN3538.jpg

My daughter was ever the refined young lady as always:
DSCN3540.jpg

And I demonstrated just to what level my excitement has hit on this vacation eve:
DSCN3537.jpg

And we always…. ALWAYS have to demonstrate our mad chopsticks skills:
DSCN3535.jpg

I particularly love how it appears as if the chopstick is shooting straight out of OllieMomma's nose. Optical Illusion I assure you. She was not harmed in the shooting of this photo! :rotfl2:

After this we walked over the Cheesecake Factory and got cheesecake to take home for dessert. Now, on the way home things took a goofy turn. Friday Night 80’s was on our favorite radio station and we did a little car seat dancing to Dead of Alive’s You Spin Me Round. That song always causes a bit of hip and head coordinated movement, I mean really! :cool1: Actually in my wife’s case it was more of a jerking kind of flailing thing. I’m surprised an ambulance didn’t pick up on us and become concerned that someone was having a seizure within the automobile.

So when we got home it was cheesecake time! I am in a wonderful cheesecake rut, always getting the same: the 30th Anniversary slice:
DSCN3548.jpg

It was sumptuous and left me feeling warm and happy and sick. I had to practice gorging myself so I’d have a really good handle on it for the next 7 days. I’d say I did a pretty darn good job!

So again, now here I sit having my cuticles pushed and toes filed and massaged with lotion and getting my feet all flippy friendly. Lord my wife must love the crap out of me! Note that I have no pictures of this occurrence!

So it’s time. Writing (and re-reading) the first entry of this pre-trip report cursed me to relive the events of this last year of our lives. I has pained me to watch my wife suffer through all of this strife and turmoil, and I felt helpless to say the right things and to comfort her, and to be there for her as a steady head and a steady heart to hold her up.

We pray for this week to be everything we hope it is going to be. We pray that a sense of relaxation descends upon us as we cross the gangplank into that glorious atrium and that renewal bursts forth from some deep well within us once we sail away from reality and into an ocean of opportunity. We pray for rejuvenation, for fun, for peace… for a new outlook to what comes next for us in our reality. For a positive mental attitude when we debark the ship and leave fantasy behind us high up on Deck 9. We pray for all of this as we prepare to lie in bed this evening wanting sleep but most likely only laying wide eyed wondering about the adventure yet to come.

Here's to hoping that my fortune cookie was truly meant for me this evening:
DSCN3544.jpg

Thanks to everyone for sharing in this first vacation stage with us, and hanging in there as we planned and dreamed. So now it’s time for the main event. So I’m signing off of here to be sure the notebook is set where I can get to it in the morning. Copious notes will be taken… photo and video documentation will be taken… and in a weeks time… it will be time to begin again and share…

The Dapplebeans Rejuvenation at Sea! :boat:

:wave2:

well said RV!
it's 11:10 am Florida time and I hope you guys are walking across that gangplank and leaving reality behind right now! :woohoo:

Welcome Home!!!! Can't wait to hear about your adventures. I'm sure Ollie is happy to see everyone!

Welcome home, can't wait to read about your adventures!

Thanks for all of the "Welcome Home's" from everyone! Even though I could have easily stayed on the ship for another week (or two), it is good to be back home with the pups. Not easy, but good...

Vacation was phenomenal! Nearly flawless... stunningly gorgeous weather... fun times were had in the ports... and there is much to tell, so...

The Trip Report will commence SOON... you can keep watch for it HERE!

pirate:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter