"Cruise Therapy: An Infusion of Magic" Pre-Trip Report for June 20th *COMPLETED*

Welcome to the DIS!:hug:
Sister, you do not have to justify your love or obsession for that adorable puppy:flower3: You go girl!

THANKS!! At least you don't think I'm crazy. I'm told that daily, ya know! But Ollie and I know what's going on, even if we are the only ones!

(((hugS))) to RV, olliesmama, and ollie too!

Thanks for the hugs. I'm glad to be here.....:hug:

Oooh...awesome! :welcome: to the DIS! :wave:

Wow! Such a big welcome. Thanks.

Glad to see another crazy animal person on the DIS!!!!:thumbsup2

Crazy animal person is correct! We have a zoo here! But we love them all.

I have to say Ollie is the cutest little thing in this world!! And that you two are a HOOT!!! I'm so looking forward to meeting you and the family in a few days!! :goodvibes

Who will be looking to see if RV is really wearing his flip-flops.

YES, Ollie is the cutest little baby ever! I'll be missing him so much, but you will be able to spot me a mile away. I'll be the one wearing my Dapple Pie Doxie shirt!

No worries! We will get a few photos of RV in his flippies to post! That can be the proof!

Glad to have you start I need some new reading material... we were to be on this cruise also, but changed to do 10days with the big cheese.... <sigh> Im sad now. Could of met you live and in person LOL.

Im so glad yall are cruising (im sure not as happy as yall LOL) but its will be a refreshing outlook after all that you have been through. You all need it... (BUT MORE SO OLLIESMOMMA LOL)

Cant wait to live through you on the cruise that would have been for us :(

maybe your cabin steward can make a towel Ollie as a "stand in" for the trip-they are pretty talented...
of course it would only be a stand in...

No worries! We will get a few photos of RV in his flippies to post! That can be the proof![/QUOTE]

:rotfl:

A Late Start in Life

Flip Flops. I don’t wear flip flops (or sandals, whatever the correct term), and I have never ever ever owned a pair. It’s been tennis shoes all the way. Every kind of weather, every temperature, all tennis shoes all the time. That is… until now! :woohoo:

You know I was the same way for a long time, until like you, I discovered the new and improved brands.

Of course my current pair of Teeva's are more like a tennis shoe since they have a good hard sole and closed toe. I seem to stub my toe too much with the open types. :confused3

No worries! We will get a few photos of RV in his flippies to post! That can be the proof!

Hm... a potential stalker... :eek:

I seem to stub my toe too much with the open types. :confused3

Thanks for the warning!

Wow... who knew that the star of this Pre-Trip Report would be my feet and what they are encased in. :rotfl:

So just doing a quick check in before my wife and I head out for the day. Somehow I ended up with a four day weekend off of work so we are going to make the most of it. The lists are in hand, the flippies are on (really, I promise they are), and we're venturing out into the world for a few things. Items for today are:

1. Tapes for the video camera
  2. Getting measured for a tux
  3. Ordering the tux (renting, not buying)
  4. Lunch with friends
  5. Figuring out where we can get a photo button made (yes folks, the crazy, weeniedog-obsessed wife is going to have an Ollie button made to wear while we're on the ship so that he can "always be next to her heart" :rolleyes: )

So yea, this is my first real excursion out into the world in my newly purchased flip flops. So I have the emergency medics on speed dial, and the wife has bandages in her purse with the To Do List, so I think we're set to go! :thumbsup2 ;)

Does this new outlook on the shoes mean you are no longer "a gutless flip-flopper"??? :rotfl2:

Lookin' forward in 2 weeks to getting pix of those feet in action on the Magic as well! :banana:

I'm not a stalker, I promise!:rotfl:
I won't be anywhere near the Wonder until November.:sad2:
I just think it's great that you have made the big step to flippies!

LOVE the button close to the heart idea- it's brilliant!
I think that we all know that the real star of the pre trippie is Ollie. Sorry RV. :)

Hi there! Just read through your report, you are going to have a fabulous time, it sure sounds like you guys need it too!

You are going to love Tortola and The Baths. I was on the 5/23 cruise and we did the excursion to The Baths and loved it! Word of warning though, do not attempt to wear your brand new flip flops when going through the caves. It is best to go barefoot or wear water shoes. You need really firm and steady footing in there and flip flops just won't do it for you.

I think that we all know that the real star of the pre trippie is Ollie. Sorry RV. :)

Yea, I'm totally gathering that!

Does this new outlook on the shoes mean you are no longer "a gutless flip-flopper"??? :rotfl2:

:lmao: That tag over there under my name actually doesn't have anything to do with flip flops. I got that tag back when Chicken Little came out. Runt is my favorite character from that movie and it's one of his best lines!

Word of warning though, do not attempt to wear your brand new flip flops when going through the caves. It is best to go barefoot or wear water shoes. You need really firm and steady footing in there and flip flops just won't do it for you.

Awesome, thanks for the tip. Yea, I would never attempt to wear my new flippies in a situation like that. I'm barely wearing them out of the house!

Hey.....I just realized you guys may be experiencing new menues on your cruise...rumor was that the new menues would be starting in June. So you now have to pay SUPER CLOSE attenttion and report back on all your dining experiences. (Can you guys just order one of everything please?):lmao:

LOVE the button close to the heart idea- it's brilliant!

:dogdance: :dogdance: Yay! Yay! Ollie is a super star!! :dogdance: :dogdance:

We are still looking for a place to make the button, but I'm trying my hardest because I have to have baby with me! paw:

:dogdance: :dogdance: Yay! Yay! Ollie is a super star!! :dogdance: :dogdance:

We are still looking for a place to make the button, but I'm trying my hardest because I have to have baby with me! paw:

Do you wear the lanyard? Put a photo of Ollie on the back or front side of your KTTW card in the holder.

Hey smeecanada! That's a great idea too! We wear our lanyards everywhere -never know when you might come upon something you might need to buy:thumbsup2 or need ID for. That is a perfect place for a picture of a certain super star.

Hey.....I just realized you guys may be experiencing new menues on your cruise...rumor was that the new menues would be starting in June. So you now have to pay SUPER CLOSE attenttion and report back on all your dining experiences. (Can you guys just order one of everything please?):lmao:

Yea, I've seen all of the swirl and speculation about the new menus. We've never let ourselves get too worked up over DCL's food. We're pretty easy to please so if we get the new menus, fantastic! But if we don't, that's good too. I'll definitely take copious notes and report back my findings. I'm thinking a section devoted entirely to food may be in order for the forthcoming Trip Report.

As for ordering one of everything... that shouldn't be a problem! ;)

BTW, didn't you just wear them on a trip to the store recently???

Hmmm... maybe I have more than one stalker. :eek: Or maybe just possibly I post too much about my whereabouts. Probably the latter... :rolleyes:

I wore the now famed flippies out of the house all day yesterday and I did fine. It was OlliesMomma that seemed to have issue with her own well worn pair because she tripped over the air quite frequently throughout our travels. Guess I need to teach her a thing or two about the art of open air footwear. :lmao:

Do you wear the lanyard? Put a photo of Ollie on the back or front side of your KTTW card in the holder.

Hey smeecanada!That is a perfect place for a picture of a certain super star.

I must dutifully report that OlliesMomma was gleefully enraptured when she read your idea, so fully expect that to come to fruition. I'm thinking a picture will end up in the front AND back of the lanyard card as well as on a button next to her heart.

even better!::yes::
quite frankly I am surprised she has not mentioned tattoo yet:rolleyes1

(((hugS))) to RV, olliesmama, and ollie too!

I like the way you think!

We have September 2010 Transatlantic booked and I'm contemplating a week of sitting on my backside on the beach in Akumal this summer.

Sometimes the stress is just unrelenting and you have do something to get it to ease up!

I have popcorn and sweet tea, ready for more trip report!
Hey we too will be on the 2010 Transatlantic! Will you planning on meeting at the DIS meet? - Actually I have to pop over to that thread and see if there is talk of a DIS meet, I haven't been that active on that thread since I'm up for our Tortola in 9/2009.

Hm... a potential stalker... :eek:

Thanks for the warning!

Wow... who knew that the star of this Pre-Trip Report would be my feet and what they are encased in. :rotfl:

So just doing a quick check in before my wife and I head out for the day. Somehow I ended up with a four day weekend off of work so we are going to make the most of it. The lists are in hand, the flippies are on (really, I promise they are), and we're venturing out into the world for a few things. Items for today are:

1. Tapes for the video camera
  2. Getting measured for a tux
  3. Ordering the tux (renting, not buying)
  4. Lunch with friends
  5. Figuring out where we can get a photo button made (yes folks, the crazy, weeniedog-obsessed wife is going to have an Ollie button made to wear while we're on the ship so that he can "always be next to her heart" :rolleyes: )
So yea, this is my first real excursion out into the world in my newly purchased flip flops. So I have the emergency medics on speed dial, and the wife has bandages in her purse with the To Do List, so I think we're set to go! :thumbsup2 ;)

:lmao::cool1::thumbsup2

I think maybe pass out pics of Ollie to his fan club....I'd love to wear his pic on my lanyard. My kids said they would too....he's so cute.

I think maybe pass out pics of Ollie to his fan club....I'd love to wear his pic on my lanyard. My kids said they would too....he's so cute.

:idea: Oh my GOSH! What a GREAT idea!! The Ollie Fan Club! LOVE the idea. I'm still working on getting buttons made, but I'm on a mission now.

HOW FUN! Thanks for the idea. No worries, you guys will be the first ones to get your Ollie button.....:yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter