"Cruise Therapy: An Infusion of Magic" Pre-Trip Report for June 20th *COMPLETED*

Just had to stop by and check the most recent postings. Wow!!!! Talk about a series of rough waves, and someone who needs a little Magic. pixiedust: Our prayers will be with you tonight.

On a lighter note, I will be most interested to see the post report and how Tortola compares to St Martin. Also, don't worry about rough weather. That was some of the best relaxing we did on our first cruise. ::yes::

:wizard:
Cruise Therapy: An Infusion of Magic
June 20th Eastern Caribbean DCL Cruise
Tortola * St. Thomas * Castaway Cay

Infuse – transitive verb
Pronunciation: \in-ˈfyüz\
Meaning: 1 a: to cause to be permeated with something that alters usually for the better.​

A Late Start in Life

I live in Florida. I’ve been here for a little over eight years, so I am fairly well established into the Florida lifestyle: I go to the beach in the winter, I sweat in the summer and tend to stay indoors, I make it over to Disney World more often than most probably, I scream at I-4 traffic, but in one area I am sorely lacking. Flip Flops. I don’t wear flip flops (or sandals, whatever the correct term), and I have never ever ever owned a pair. It’s been tennis shoes all the way. Every kind of weather, every temperature, all tennis shoes all the time. That is… until now! :woohoo:

It finally happened. The other day, at age 32, I bought my first pair of flip flops. And get this… I also bought my second pair at the same time. So I am assuming, taking the rest of the male population into consideration, that I am getting a very late start in life. I know this. But here’s the thing… up until this point I hated flip flops. I just didn’t think they were comfortable. But I believe that I have discovered that I just never tried on the right pair of flip flops. When I think of “flip flops” I think of these three dollar plastic thingies. Those are what I have tried on in the past and you might as well have driven a nail into a 12X6” piece of plywood and fastened it to my feet with a rubber band. Talk about hard, and nasty, and uncomfortable, and they wouldn’t stay on. :scared: I’d walk like duck-boy on drugs, and forget about walking up or down stairs. If stairs were in the picture you’d better have an ambulance nearby.

So somehow it took me 32 years of life to discover that there are a different breed of flip flops. Flip flops that caress the foot, hug the toes on a light cushion of air, like walking on a cloud where angels frolic and sip fruit punch all day. :cloud9: Deluxe flippies, not three dollar plastic pain devices. We were out shopping at a local shoe store the other day. Wife and daughter were looking for some shoes to match brand new dresses for formal night so I let them do their thing and I wandered over to the men’s shoes. And there they were… Bluefin sandals of all kinds and a seed of intrigue and wonder burst within me. So I tried a pair on, just to see if my taste had changed over the latter portion of my flippie-free life. I slipped them on, and instead of cringing and wanting nothing more than to shake the vile monstrosities off of my feet, I melded into them, and when I took a few steps, it was okay, not cringe-inducing as I expected. So I tried on another, and another, and another. I had boxes and boxes strewn around me there in the aisle, and that was how my wife found me. My face froze. In all of my flippie euphoria I’d totally forgotten that I was in a public place and that she was nearby, and my face said as much. You’d think she’d have caught me in our pantry with about 253 boxes of Girl Scout thin mints scattered wildly about, all in different states of devourment. :scared1:

She gave a start, gave a gasp, and nearly came to tears with happiness for she had been wanting me to have at least one pair to wear around the house or to the pool if nothing else and here I was, in a pair right there in front of her. It was as if she was seeing me for the first time. So I bought not one… but two pair. One casual and one a bit nicer. :thumbsup2

So now, after living in Florida for eight years, and after three cruises, I now have cruise shoes! My wife can’t believe it. Now if I just go out and buy about five or sixteen or so more pair, then I’ll have just about as many as her. :rolleyes1

Hello All-
Thought it was about time that I got my own user name on the boards. It has been several years now and I have been living the DIS boards through my DH, RoyalVizier (RV).

Now just to clear a few things up....Yes, Ollie my most handsome baby dapple beanie boy has been what has kept me from going totally insane. DH is correct on that aspect. AND I can attest that ALL of DH's accusations ARE true as posted in the Ollie Factor! :banana:

Now as for the flip flop update?? Well, lets just say that it remains to be seen if DH will actually wear the two pairs of flip flops that he purchased?? If he wears them, I know that he can't do this little jig in them....:cool1:

Hopefully, as time goes on he will get more and more used to them but for now I'm just counting down the days that he has to break them in!! 18 days and counting.....

Welcome to the DIS!:hug:
Sister, you do not have to justify your love or obsession for that adorable puppy:flower3: You go girl!
I am still trying to figure out how your husband has lived in Fla all these years without letting his feet out of shoes to breathe!:laughing: When I lived down there I never wanted to put shoes on!
Wow, you guys are gonna have to sunscreen those feet since they are going to be "out" now. ;)
18 days is not very long to go!!!

Enjoying your pre-trip report very much. I'm sorry things have been rough for you and your family. I can't wait to hear how your cruise is since my family and I will be on the Sept. 12 Eastern to Tortola. This will be our first cruise and I'm very excited about it! :yay:

Thought it was about time that I got my own user name on the boards. It has been several years now and I have been living the DIS boards through my DH, RoyalVizier (RV).

Oh dear... this can't be good. :worried: ;)

Sister, you do not have to justify your love or obsession for that adorable puppy:flower3: You go girl!

I can see how this is gonna be right now. Ganged up on in my own thread! :rotfl:

I can't wait to hear how your cruise is since my family and I will be on the Sept. 12 Eastern to Tortola. This will be our first cruise and I'm very excited about it! :yay:

How exciting! I remember how I felt during the weeks leading up to our very first cruise! Awesome choice of DCL for your very first cruise ever! Good job! :thumbsup2 I'll try my best to give a complete and entertaining account of everything. If you need something to tide you over until I get back, our previous 7 night trip report from two years ago is down in my signature if you want to have a peek. :)

yeah!!! Another RV trip report :yay::yay:

Wow, fans! :cool2:

This is super good practice for the paparazzi on Golden Mickey's night!

Here just making sure I'm subscribed when the writing begins again! Thanks RV - I can't wait for you to enjoy your trip!:banana::)

Thanks RV - I can't wait for you to enjoy your trip!:banana::)

I can't wait either! :dance3: Thanks for reading!

So today was a fairly miserable day until... IT TURNED INTO DOC DAY! :banana:

Docs and luggage tags came in the mail, and the sun broke through the clouds of idiocy that filled the day, and the angels sang. :goodvibes

(((hugS))) to RV, olliesmama, and ollie too!

I like the way you think!

We have September 2010 Transatlantic booked and I'm contemplating a week of sitting on my backside on the beach in Akumal this summer.

Sometimes the stress is just unrelenting and you have do something to get it to ease up!

I have popcorn and sweet tea, ready for more trip report!

I have popcorn and sweet tea, ready for more trip report!

I hope you have a few barrels of popcorn and a trough of sweet tea because unfortunately no more is going to get written tonight. But stay tuned! :happytv:

Thanks for the love... much needed and much appreciated! :)

Hello All-

Now just to clear a few things up....Yes, Ollie my most handsome baby dapple beanie boy has been what has kept me from going totally insane. DH is correct on that aspect. AND I can attest that ALL of DH's accusations ARE true as posted in the Ollie Factor! :banana:

Now as for the flip flop update?? Well, lets just say that it remains to be seen if DH will actually wear the two pairs of flip flops that he purchased?? If he wears them, I know that he can't do this little jig in them....:cool1:

Hopefully, as time goes on he will get more and more used to them but for now I'm just counting down the days that he has to break them in!! 18 days and counting.....

Oooh...awesome! :welcome: to the DIS! :wave:

popcorn:: This is gonna be even better now! :teeth: :banana:

Docs and luggage tags came in the mail, and the sun broke through the clouds of idiocy that filled the day, and the angels sang. :goodvibes

How exciting!!!! That much closer :banana:

You scared me for a minute I thought Doctor... whew! I couldn' t understand why the day was bad and then good - if you were going to the doctor! :lmao: But YIPEE!!!! I know what you mean, anytime I get something in the mail from Disney - :woohoo::yay::dance3::banana:

Hello All-

Glad to see another crazy animal person on the DIS!!!!:thumbsup2

Hello All-

I have to say Ollie is the cutest little thing in this world!! And that you two are a HOOT!!! I'm so looking forward to meeting you and the family in a few days!! :goodvibes

Who will be looking to see if RV is really wearing his flip-flops.

someone should get photo documentation of the flip flops for history's sake!:lmao:

You scared me for a minute I thought Doctor... whew! I couldn' t understand why the day was bad and then good - if you were going to the doctor! :lmao:

:rotfl2:

Who will be looking to see if RV is really wearing his flip-flops.

:rotfl2: Does no one have any faith in me?! The flippies will be worn, I assure you!

someone should get photo documentation of the flip flops for history's sake!:lmao:

Y'all are crackin' me up! :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter