Cruise secrets that DCL doesn't tell you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a document I did back in 2012 with all of the secrets up to page 49 of this thread. I know some things may have changed, and I don't have time to update this. So if anyone wants to add/delete or change anything in it please do and share again!! We plan to sail again in 2017 so I'll be refreshing myself on these things as the time gets closer!!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Pg2mG-lswenU_d5chdnQ5VA9R34owEeevcTnQeDYrkA/edit

Happy Sailings!! :disrocks:

hey @rescuetink , the Google Doc is showing up as a blank page. :( perhaps you can recover the previous content as the document's owner?

Like AquaDame, my first go round said I needed permission. It is public now, though. Thank you rescuetink!

Sorry about that!! It should be public now!! If not let me know and I'll try again! pixiedust:

About a month after your first list was posted I went back to take out the few changes that occurred from DCL like you had mentioned. But it was gone so I thought someone just deleted it on you instead of making the corrections. I'm so glad you had a copy. This time I downloaded it. Now I can edit it and send it back to you. You have a wonderful document. Thank you for sharing it.:love:

About a month after your first list was posted I went back to take out the few changes that occurred from DCL like you had mentioned. But it was gone so I thought someone just deleted it on you instead of making the corrections. I'm so glad you had a copy. This time I downloaded it. Now I can edit it and send it back to you. You have a wonderful document. Thank you for sharing it.:love:

After you make changes please send me a copy!! I'm praying we'll be back on board next year, it's been way too long since we sailed since we had to cancel B2B cruises in 2014!! :earboy2:

Not sure if anyone mentioned this ( lots of pages to look through:scared:) But when packing bring a travel mug, since by the pools there is a soda/coffee/milk bar that is open all night. The cups up there that are provided are pretty small so this is great if you want to take your drink back to your room without having to refill it a few times!

One of the secrets listed is about how someone brought a box of wine onboard. It was probably done awhile ago and they were able to slip it into their carry on, but has anyone tried this nowadays in their regular luggage? It has stumbled across my mind to try it, wrap it up like a birthday present and call it a day. :tongue: (please don't hurt me for my policy breaking ways)

One of the secrets listed is about how someone brought a box of wine onboard. It was probably done awhile ago and they were able to slip it into their carry on, but has anyone tried this nowadays in their regular luggage? It has stumbled across my mind to try it, wrap it up like a birthday present and call it a day. :tongue: (please don't hurt me for my policy breaking ways)

The prior alcohol policy allowed it. Now wine is limited by quantity. 2 750ml containers. You should never put liquids into any checked luggage for the ship per Disney's policy.

Wait-Did the policy change? I have always brought alcohol on.

It changed September lat year. The DCL link is HERE. The short of it is: maximum of 2 bottles of unopened wine or champagne (no larger than 750 ml) or 6 beers (no larger than 12 ounces) on board at the beginning of the voyage and at each port of call. These beverages must be packed in carry-on (not checked) bags or luggage.

That's AWFUL to hear! The old policy used to be why I could justify spending so much extra on the cruise fare!

Many of us feel the same way... I even cancelled my January cruise right after they announced it I was so miffed. We went on RCCL during that time instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter