Cruise secrets that DCL doesn't tell you

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the secrets listed is about how someone brought a box of wine onboard. It was probably done awhile ago and they were able to slip it into their carry on, but has anyone tried this nowadays in their regular luggage? It has stumbled across my mind to try it, wrap it up like a birthday present and call it a day. :tongue: (please don't hurt me for my policy breaking ways)
Alot of the stuff is old....

Think the pillow case also isnt available any more, also seemed to be specific to the Magic and Wonder

Many of us feel the same way... I even cancelled my January cruise right after they announced it I was so miffed. We went on RCCL during that time instead.

The policy isnt too bad....
I was pretty pissed when I 1st heard it. But since your now allowed to bring alcohol on every port it kind of balanced out.

Isn't all the food on board a cruise free?
Most of it is. Last time I was on the ship I know that O'Gills was experimenting with extra-cost snacks at certain times, the food outside the theatre is not free, and although I haven't been on the Dream or Fantasy I was under the impression that Vanellope's wasn't free either. You also have Palo/Remy which you pay extra for. Technically none of the food is really free it's just included in the cost of your cruise.

Alot of the stuff is old....

Think the pillow case also isnt available any more, also seemed to be specific to the Magic and Wonder

We had a pillow case done on the Fantasy last year but ahve since been told they do not do it anymore (think it's line wide).

The policy isnt too bad....
I was pretty pissed when I 1st heard it. But since your now allowed to bring alcohol on every port it kind of balanced out.

Definitely not too bad on a 4 night cruise. Our plan is this:

Day 1 - Embarkation Day
Day 2 - Nassau
Day 3 - Castaway Cay
Day 4 - Sea Day

When we board my wife and I will each take two bottles of wine which should easily be enough to get us through the entire cruise since we really only drink wine at dinner and in the evenings. In Nassau we will each bring on a 6 pack from the brewery right near the cruise terminal. Not as nice as my stash from last year but should still help out a good bit.

CG_D5_Sa_VAAA_QNO.jpg

Honestly, I'm surprised they don't have some sort of all inclusive drink package by now.

Oh, I have no doubt it's coming. My only question is when and in what fashion. What will the packages look like, how much will it cost and how will it impact service like it has on other cruise lines.

We bought a refillable beer mug 3 years ago on our last cruise. Do they still have these? If so, the price?

Is it true you can bring your old beer mug on board and use it again? Do you still have to purchase the beer pkg?

Is it true you can bring your old beer mug on board and use it again? Do you still have to purchase the beer pkg?

We have brought it back again and again without buying it twice - after the first couple of cruises the mug felt too heavy so we just take the token home now. Nowhere does it say the deal is only good for length of the cruise - until it does we'll keep doing so. :)

The post office only takes cash. We printed address labels for our post cards too - for the people to whom we wanted to send them. That way we didn't have to carry the address book and could buy the cards on board or use the ones in our stateroom.

One of my high scho teachers collects post cards. She always says to send a postcard from wherever we go. I sent one from the post office on CC and she still hasn't received it.. ( 2 years after the cruise) My teacher did say that sending mail from the Bahamas is always delayed.. I did make sure that i had the correct address before and after sending the post card

Bring a pillowcase from home and give that and some markers to guest services when you board. They will have the chAracters sign it and return it to your room before the end of the cruise.
Great and not so expensive treat!!
Do they still do this, we are cruising for the first time in march2017 and this would be great.

They're making too much money on by-the-drink. I doubt they'll ever have an all-inclusive.

It's been 15 years since we've been on DCL. I forgot they charge by the drink. Our Celebrity cruise we were in a Royal Suite, had a stocked bar included, and we purchased a premium drink package for the dining rooms and pool decks. That was very handy - too bad DCL doesn't offer that.

It's been 15 years since we've been on DCL. I forgot they charge by the drink. Our Celebrity cruise we were in a Royal Suite, had a stocked bar included, and we purchased a premium drink package for the dining rooms and pool decks. That was very handy - too bad DCL doesn't offer that.

We just got off of the Crown Princess, aft Vista Suite, a couple of weeks ago. Stocked mini bar and a drink package for me. Perfect. I'd buy a drink package every time.

Do they still do this, we are cruising for the first time in march2017 and this would be great.

You can bring the pillowcase along with you to character meets, but you can no longer drop it off at guest services. If you do this, I'd suggest putting a piece of cardboard inside so there is a firm surface to sign on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!