Cruise Restart: Are you Cancelling or Sailing?

Are you Cancelling or Sailing?

• Love it! Keeping our cruise and booked more!

Votes: 22 7.1%
  • I'm ok with the protocols, keeping our cruise

Votes: 102 33.1%
  • Don't love the protocols, but keeping our cruise

Votes: 42 13.6%
  • We are cancelling

Votes: 57 18.5%
  • Wait and see...

Votes: 85 27.6%

• Total voters
I'm in the "evaluating cancelling" phase. We are booked on the 9/25 Fantasy Western with another couple who are first time cruisers. Currently evaluating a switch to Celebrity Edge for same timeframe. We have sailed DCL 20 times and we are all booked in concierge for this sailing. I knew it would be a great experience for them (pre-covid) and I'm not at all convinced it will be now. My husband wants to cancel immediately - he does not want to sail with unlimited unvaccinated passenger (even though the reality is there are not likely to be that many) and thinks our friends will not get the true cruise experience.

Today I will be looking at videos from UK sailings and seeing about changing flights from MCO to Ft. Lauderdale or Miami and researching more on the Edge (which I've already been following). It breaks my heart to cancel this 20th anniversary cruise (pushed from last year) but we still have 3 more DCL cruises booked (B2B at Christmas and June 2022). None in concierge and none with these friends. It's a dilemma that I need to try to work through today. I just don't want to make the wrong decision.

My family all gave the thumbs up at dinner last night. We are all vaccinated, US citizens- no tests needed. Young adults, so no kids clubs or anything to worry about. We are the last cruise of 2021, NYE, out of Galveston. So just waiting a bit. Want to see how these cruises in August go. Want to see if there are any changes given we sail from Texas v. Florida. We are basing our decision on that there won't be changes their protocols much between now and then, although if they dropped the indoor masks, I would be very happy. And brought back shuffleboard-lol. I doubt that will happen. So for now it is a go. I don't feel the need to rush and PIF or buy airline tickets just yet. I want to feel excited, but still cautious.

I’m booked on the Greek Isles cruise next year. I’m currently a wait and see. I will, however, cancel and book NCLs very comparable cruise if rules remain as they are. My family is fully vaccinated and I’d enjoy the “fully open” 100% vaccinated NCL model over DCLs everyone gets to wear a mask indoors.

Waiting to see more information about cruises departing from other ports/countries. Booked for one of the Hawai’i cruises next year but had only been planning to fly into Vancouver a couple days before as I’ve been numerous times before and don’t have much left to see there. If the testing requirement for vaccinated international passengers sticks I’ll need to rethink my plans.

My cruise isn’t until, May2022, moved from September. We are fully vaccinated. This is our first cruise, but even with restrictions, I feel like I JUST WANT TO CRUISE! i do worry about having to reserve or get somewhere early to get a seat cuz of protocols and spacing, but I’m not sure it’s enough to make me cancel!

We had already moved our October Fantasy to next September, so with the next cruise we're on 11 months from now - and the expectation that children will be vaccinated sometime in the Winter - we'll wait to see what happens.

Keeping our cruise. We've a 2 stop at Castaway booked for March '22 so wearing the mask in the ships interior and during transport is fine with us. We're vaccinated. I read on another thread that 30 days prior to cruising you create the account insurance site to upload the vaccination card image and this used by the cruise. The only negative we see is being required to purchase the insurance.

Honestly I'm glad to see this. I wouldn't have been shocked if they'd forced people to take the cancellation fee - VERY glad they're doing the right thing!

Maybe in this situation but I honestly don't think they are for other concierge passengers. Booked concierge for Feb. Final payment is due Sept 10th. I really think they should have extended that until December. I would have canceled several months ago if I had the option. Now I feel stuck. (We're traveling with extended family with an 18 months old and a 4 years old. - obviously unvaccinated.)

We paid in full yesterday for 9/24 on the Wonder from San Diego… we will go but I really don’t think the ship will come over here for the fall sailings. We’ll see

Wait and see.

Our next cruise is in January 2022 on the Fantasy. The masks don't bother me (even though we're both vaxxed) but the other reductions and restrictions do.

We're supposed to be on a SWDAS cruise and if these protocols are still in place, that'll likely be another thing that gets removed. ☹

We're supposed to be on a SWDAS cruise and if these protocols are still in place, that'll likely be another thing that gets removed. ☹

Why would SWDAS be removed?? The Magic UK cruises have Marvel Morning at Sea, with all the Marvel characters doing meet and greets and Marvel trivia games.

FWIW any capacity constraint DCL sails with in the US is their choice. The 50% was British rule. There is no related rule in the CDC restricted sailing protocols and these could be completely full ships.

FWIW any capacity constraint DCL sails with in the US is their choice. The 50% was British rule. There is no related rule in the CDC restricted sailing protocols and these could be completely full ships.
They're not going to be full. Many sailings have already had whole categories closed to new bookings months in advance. That isn't due to them being sold out. It's Disney limiting bookings.

Keeping our cruise. We've a 2 stop at Castaway booked for March '22 so wearing the mask in the ships interior and during transport is fine with us. We're vaccinated. I read on another thread that 30 days prior to cruising you create the account insurance site to upload the vaccination card image and this used by the cruise. The only negative we see is being required to purchase the insurance.
You don't have to purchase the insurance if you're vaccinated.

They're not going to be full. Many sailings have already had whole categories closed to new bookings months in advance. That isn't due to them being sold out. It's Disney limiting bookings.
Yes but we don't really know what that reduced capacity is. 30%? 50% 70%?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter