Cruise industry won't recover until 2030

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should become educated about the history of the Spanish flu before claiming that it was "contained". There were a few local quarantines here and there, but throughout most of the world including the United States, people kept going to work and school and church as usual. It ended when herd immunity developed.
Exactly. Anyone can check out the World Series attendance for those years and see that it went on, unabated.

Smallpox was still a significantly circulating disease in the United States throughout most of the 1800's. Abraham Lincoln even had it while he was President. Vaccination, which began in the late 1700's, gradually led to its end, not mask use.

I'm okay with wearing a mask to try to help prevent Covid, but keeping one's facts straight is important.
Read the article. I wasn't around 100 years ago. But shows what we have to do with covid.

I tried reading through this to find where masks were worn during the World Series, and I could not. It looked to me that it was one winter league game:

If these images did not survive, it might be hard to believe such an absurd spectacle ever took place: a baseball game played while everyone present was wearing flu masks. It happened only once, during a California Winter League game on January 26, 1919, in Pasadena, where city officials enacted — and enforced — a strict ordinance requiring all citizens to cover their faces while out in public.2

By the end of the week, the mask order was lifted and life slowly returned to normal. But for one Sunday afternoon, baseball could not provide any escape from the real world and a public-health crisis that hit far too close to home.

Between the fighting and the fact this thread did not get back on track I'm going to go ahead and lock it. Apologies for not being around earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter