• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

cruise clothing question

danbarbara

Mouseketeer
Is a pair of dockers and a collar shirt ok for all of the restaurants? I read someone that a jacket and/or tie is necessary for Lumiere's (sp?). It is going to be hard enough getting my son into dockers and a shirt. He is trying to get away with tan jeans and a shirt. Do you think that would be ok? I know they say no jeans but sometimes they can look nice...I'm just trying to follow the rules but still let my son feel comfortable. I know some of you are thinking...why can't a 14 yr. old get dressed for dinner...well...this is vacation and dressing up is not his thing at all. It is going to be hard enough that he won't be able to skateboard for 4 days! lol
Any input would be helpful...Barbara

For a 14 y.o., Docker and collar shirt is perfectly fine. I have seen some kids (and adults) wearing nice jeans in the dining rooms on semi-formal nights, but they are definitely the small minority. it really depends on how much he (and you) want to fit in with the norm.

Are dockers and a collar shirt ok for my husband too? He really doesn't want to wear a jacket...

I would agree that the outfit you describe for your son would be just fine. My husband wears dockers and polo shirts to dinner most nights, but he does wear a suit or a tux on formal night. You could get by with this though if you really can't convince him to dress up.

I had trouble getting my husband to dress up too, he wore a sports jacket and dress shirt with pants, that's as far as he would go, he has to wear suits all the time, and he wasn't about to on vacation. There were 3 things that i didn't pack that i thought might help you also.

1. Bathroom Airfreshner- although the cabin is bigger than we expected, it still is close quaters, also we have the V & D Virsus when we were on board and we really needed it, by the end of the week, the bathroom was smelly......enough said!

2. Small amount of cleaner...fantastic, windex, or the clorox disninfecting wipes. My 4 year old as she was sick made it to the bathroom but she's 4. I really didn't want housekeeping to have to come clean up after my daughter,so i called to get some cleaner and they told me they had to clean it up...they could not give me any cleaners.......So after the 3rd time with my daughter and having to call housekeeping again.....I was sorry i didn't think of any kind of cleaner. Believe me the crew was great about coming and cleaning it up......but i would have just rather done it myself.

3. Clock for the room, there was no clock in the room and i like to know what time it is at night and my watch is just to small to see in the dark. Plus there were times we were in the pool i took my watch off, we went back to the room sat on the verranda and then i had to go looking for my watch to find out what time it was, it would have been easiler to have a clock by the bed.

Well hope this helps!

We are only on the 3 day cruise so we don't have a formal night...as far as I know. Thanks. Barbara

if you are on the three day, there is no formal night so you will be ok without a suit...

On our recent 4-day cruise, plenty of men wore a shirt and pants (no jacket) in Triton's. My husband did take, and wear, a jacket but no tie. A 14-year-old boy would be fine in tan jeans (they look dressier than blue jeans) and a decent shirt. I wonder if kids dress up in suits on formal night on the 7-night cruise? Yikes, our 14-year-old son does not own a suit!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter