Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, someone (and again, it's hypothetical, but I can definitely see a scenario) that has recently tested negative for Covid-19, but it's mentally handicapped , and can't wear a mask, would be endangering the health of the public?
Tests are not 100% perfect, and if you get tested today your result may take 3-4 days. In that period of time you can contract Covid from the grocery store or anywhere else. A negative test does not mean you are immune to getting it immediately after you're tested. So yes, anyone not complying with whatever restrictions are put in place by any business including Disney needs to be followed by everyone choosing to enter their business.

We are a long way from herd immunity. The mask may become a permanent part of life in the US. Best to get used to it at least for the next year.

And the virus will spread again as we reopen. So unless you want us to close again this year, it makes sense to reduce spread.

Not required in the vast majority of the country. Only certain cities, Costco, airlines, and Disney. Everywhere else it's mainly 50% wearing masks, if that.

I can promise that won’t happen in this area. Ppl just won’t comply. They barely do now. We don’t have room in our jails or public defenders to prosecute real crimes so arresting ppl won’t happen either.
They are fining people here for not practicing physical distancing. They have fined people $750 for it.

Tests are not 100% perfect, and if you get tested today your result may take 3-4 days. In that period of time you can contract Covid from the grocery store or anywhere else. A negative test does not mean you are immune to getting it immediately after you're tested. So yes, anyone not complying with whatever restrictions are put in place by any business including Disney needs to be followed by everyone choosing to enter their business.

And I totally get that - I guess I just feel bad for those that would not be able to enter due to a mental condition /affliction

As far as the testing, and the situation I brought up -
Would it be more likely to catch the virus from someone that tested negative a few days ago, and doesn't have a mask, or someone that has a mask, and hasn't been tested ?
Is there even an answer ? Anyone, just looking forward to (hopefully) some park opening info tmw ! Booked for July 14 , and really need to escape NYC !

And I totally get that - I guess I just feel bad for those that would not be able to enter due to a mental condition /affliction

Would it be more likely to catch the virus from someone that tested negative a few days ago, and doesn't have a mask, or someone that has a mask, and hasn't been tested ?
Is there even an answer ? Anyone, just looking forward to (hopefully) some park opening info tmw ! Booked for July 14 , and really need to escape NYC !
Dollywood looks like its opening soon. You can always go there for an escape.

They are fining people here for not practicing physical distancing. They have fined people $750 for it.
Lol. That might be even better. That may work for some ppl, but again, a lot of the population in my area wouldn’t (couldn’t) pay the fine. It just won’t happen. As it is now, they are leaving it up to businesses to police ppl wearing them. They had ppl still holding 2nd lines when this first happened. They were arrested & out hours later.

Aaaaaaand we’re back to masks. Of all the potential impacts to the Disney experience, we’re still stuck on masks. Of the potential impacts, I’m not sure masks makes my top 10.
Potential impacted experiences:
Fireworks
Parades
Indoor shows
Indoor rides
Dining
Character dining
Meet and greets
Disney transportation
Pools
Private tours
Limited capacity and park hopping

off the top of my head...

You have to wear fabric from your thighs to your neck. Why are we so concerned with a few extra inches of fabric?

Aaaaaaand we’re back to masks. Of all the potential impacts to the Disney experience, we’re still stuck on masks. Of the potential impacts, I’m not sure masks makes my top 10.
Fireworks
Parades
Indoor shows
Indoor rides
Dining
Character dining
Meet and greets
Disney transportation
Pools
Private tours

You have to wear fabric from your thighs to your neck. Why are we so concerned with a few extra inches of fabric?
All that matters for me is rule enforcement and rides are running. None of the other matters to me. I travel around the country all summer just to go amusement parks.

Fireworks
Parades
Indoor shows
Indoor rides
Dining
Character dining
Meet and greets
Disney transportation
Pools
Private tours

I’m with you. Even if they announce they’re open for my trip, there are so many things that could stop us from going. A mask is the least of my worries. I will never understand the obsession with the mask discussion. You have to wear them if you want go, at least for the time being. It is what it is- stomping your feet about it won’t change a thing.

So I don't have to look thru 20 pages of the great mask debate, can someone tell me if there was any potential opening news today? Thanks
We’re watching for the task force meeting at 2pm tomorrow. Univ is said to present their re-opening plan which might include a date. SeaWorld and WDW might or might not file re-opening plans with them tomorrow.

We’re watching for the task force meeting at 2pm tomorrow. Univ is said to present their re-opening plan which might include a date. SeaWorld and WDW might or might not file re-opening plans with them tomorrow.
I watched the Mayor's conference and he anticipated all would file their plans tomorrow - so that is hopeful. The only question may be do they review them all in public. He also stated he HAD seen provisional plans, but was awaiting the final. So it may not be a huge review ahead.

I watched the Mayor's conference and he anticipated all would file their plans tomorrow - so that is hopeful. The only question may be do they review them all in public. He also stated he HAD seen provisional plans, but was awaiting the final. So it may not be a huge review ahead.
My guess is these plans have been carefully constructed and are already slated for approval. The "official" submission is just a formality.

Just because someone tested negative a few days ago doesn't mean they are immune from the disease. You assume both people in your scenario are positive. Anyone wearing a mask puts the people around them at less risk of contracting the virus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter