• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would venture to say that even more aggressive Florida resident only discounts, including resort bookings, could help fill the demand.

Oh, see I wouldn't like that. I want to wander an empty(ish) park and take pictures! Especially at AK.
just put yourself in Disney's position.
A crowd of hundreds, maybe thousands of off site guests waiting at the tapstiles to walk in. (creating long lines outside)
or
A crowd of hundreds, maybe thousands off off site guests inside the parks with nothing to ride but able to spend money on food and merch

Did anyone notice the UBS analysis yesterday of Disney. They believe that the Parks are going to explode (attendance wise) in 2022 due to pent up demand. The sooner they can safely bring things back, the sooner people will return.
Didn't they also predict all parks would remain closed until 2021? They were right about Disneyland at least. They also said 2023 for back to normal attendance. I have no doubt Disneyland will "explode." They have built-in local visitors ready to pay whatever it costs to get in; they don't have to wait for travelers to feel comfortable.

I agree with their take that business bottomed out and should only go up with vaccine distribution but I do think 2023 is more realistic as we take 2022 to recover financially.

Last edited:

I think it was mostly a supply chain issue before, and that is slowly getting better. I think they're also getting more comfortable with kitchen set ups now so feel confident adding more. I do enjoy seeing more options added, it was tough in the beginning there finding stuff for the whole family at restaurants like you could before.

oh for sure it was supply chain related but that's kind of my point. If the supply chain is improving for providing the food items that bodes well overall. Things are moving in the right direction.

just put yourself in Disney's position.
A crowd of hundreds, maybe thousands of off site guests waiting at the tapstiles to walk in. (creating long lines outside)
or
A crowd of hundreds, maybe thousands off off site guests inside the parks with nothing to ride but able to spend money on food and merch

I don't care about Disney's position, I care about mine! :D 😂

It's not really a big deal, just would be nice. They didn't allow everyone in for the old early entry, did they? I don't recall.

Just spent a few days at WDW - some observations related to operations...
(for reference, my previous COVID-era visits have been in late Aug., late Oct., and early Dec.)

It sure seems like PH is helping EP in the later afternoons/evenings. I hopped to EP Sun 1/24 around 4pm - a time that's been dead as a doornail on previous COVID visits - and it felt a little busier this time. I also was in EP from 11a-5ish pm Mon 1/25: WS picked up noticeably from around 3-5. These were both very, very low-crowd days, too.

Limited food options is still a challenge for me at resorts. I eat mostly vegetarian, no beef or pork, and have a shellfish allergy, which narrows most regular menus, outside of COVID limitations. I stayed at the Poly in Aug, CSR in Oct, SSR in Dec., and BCV this Jan. visit: 2 nights at each, and I'd eaten the only items that worked for me and sounded appealing by the end of two nights. I can't imagine staying a full week without a kitchen, though I imagine it's easier for folks with fewer limitations?

I opted to keep my AP last spring: I had just renewed it when WDW closed, so it's effective late March 2020 - early Aug 2021. I'm really glad I kept it! I'm 100 miles away, so local-ish: no flying. It's been so much easier during this time to book last-minute trips, and especially using discounted rented DVC points. Park reservations haven't been a problem at all, and I looooove no FP. I hate that it took a pandemic for this to happen, but it's been really nice to do WDW the way I used to do it. I know it won't last, so I feel like I want to make the most of it while I can. I'm visiting much ore often than I have in recent years, even though I won't eat indoors, do indoor shows, or ride some rides.

The plexiglass situation on Frozen really is as terrible as I've seen expressed. I don't even particularly like the ride, but with a 10-min wait at 2pm, I decided to hate-ride it lol! I was in the last row. Wow - the plexi is so watermarked, it's nearly impossible to see through. I rode MMRR for the first time (loved it!), and the plexi there didn't bother me at all.

Has there been any rumors of Disney refurbishing Small World while capacity is low during Covid? I would really like some IP added like DL or Tokyo Disney.

Has there been any rumors of Disney refurbishing Small World while capacity is low during Covid? I would really like some IP added like DL or Tokyo Disney.

there have been rumors of this being connected to something done for the 50th - but nothing confirmed, and they just refurbed the outside so probably not something i would count on but still possible

That was supposedly on the 50th refurb plan but as well all know things have changed a lot.
That’s unfortunate. I watched ride throughs on YouTube and I really do think they are better. My three year old daughter loves the Tokyo one. When she sees a character she gets super excited. The one at WDW just feels stale to me.

That’s unfortunate. I watched ride throughs on YouTube and I really do think they are better. My three year old daughter loves the Tokyo one. When she sees a character she gets super excited. The one at WDW just feels stale to me.

I agree - I remember ont he one in Hong Kong they change the tune a bit as well to sort of blend the IASW song with the theming of the character ... like for Little Mermaid it sounded like it was underwater, things like that. Helped to break up the monotony of the song

More importantly, advancement in children being able to take it. The age range that hasn’t been tested on yet is about 20% of the US population, which means almost every US citizen over the age of 12 would need to take the vaccine to have the best odds at herd immunity.
I believe it is on ages 16 and below that are not eligible, at least that is what my nurse told me. They are currently doing tests on the under 16 age groups.
In Canada they are not currently immunizing anyone under 16.

But more clearly, in our province they are only immunizing those in Long Term Health centres right now and frontline workers. Next roll out will be for those 80yo and older then they will work down in 5 year increments. I think immunization for everyone else ages 16-59 will begin in phase 3, anticipated to be in July time-frame.

So basically all they did was rename old Annual Passholders to Legacy Passholders. All of the other discounts, they already announced a few weeks ago. It really brings up more questions than answers, and everyone on the AP FB page are all pretty confused over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter