Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pfizer is stating they will have 1.8B doses between the end of this year and through 2021. That's enough for 540M people to be vaccinated globally by the end of 2021 just from Pfizer's if you only need the 2 doses and they last for a calendar year or longer.

We'll see how Moderna's production goes to get individuals vaccinated.

Masks will be with us at least through 2021 and Disney will be one of the last to remove the restrictions IMO.
Yep, plus Johnson and Johnson said they are close with their one dose vaccine. We will just have to wait and see how this all plays out and when (if) Disney removes it's Mask requirements.

BTW: didn't know those McDonald's WDW Happy Meal toys included a drawing for a free vacation for a family of 4.

To stay on topic, you don't have to go until the pandemic will be over - end of 2022 if you win.

https://magicatmcd.com/

They sure do! Though last night one of my local ones forgot toys for my kids and they only gave 1 of the MMRR toys out!

My kids love trains so the whole connect it together deal is nice.

Just saw this on AllEars. I don't know about anyone else, but could they not have called themselves anything other than "Strike Team"? Sounds so Utilitarian to me. https://allears.net/2020/11/18/oran...ld-to-check-for-health-and-safety-compliance/
The terminology is standard in the national emergency response system, which is based on firefighting and goes back many years. Strike teams are small teams focused on a particular issue during the response. So it wasn’t a name that Orange County picked out of the blue - it has a place in the emergency response framework and hierarchy that public health, firefighters, and law enforcement use in emergency situations.

I don’t think Disney would require a proof of vaccine just so people didn’t have to wear masks. I don’t think that would be a smart decision.

I believe that they will require masks until a successful vaccine significantly lowers the overall transmission rate in the US. And that will most likely not happen quickly. Masks are a reality until the transmission rates lower. Hopefully over time, a successful vaccine will make that happen. Until then? Masks.

I don’t think it’s even really about just a vaccine. A vaccine is only used to prevent you from contracting the virus, and that’s not even a guarantee. Continued advancement in treatment for those that get the virus are also key for places like Disney to feel secure in easing restrictions.

I don’t think it’s even really about just a vaccine. A vaccine is only used to prevent you from contracting the virus, and that’s not even a guarantee. Continued advancement in treatment for those that get the virus are also key for places like Disney to feel secure in easing restrictions.

Really though any of the restrictions will not be tied to the vaccine or treatments. The restrictions and their existence will come down to infection rates. Once the infection rates are dropped and we aren't seeing the numbers on the news then all the restrictions will be dropped.

Some may go faster than others but in all reality the infection rate is the only metric that counts even though it should be about hospitalization rates and death rates.

At that point Disney, the airlines and others will stop with these requirements.

If this doesn’t scream desperate by Disney World I don’t know what does
They do these a lot. There have been a bunch of win a trip to Disney promotions from McDonalds over the years.

We won a trip back in 2000 through McDonalds! (technically won in 1999, but traveled in 2000). Pulled the tab off the large fries, instant win! Micky is from California, so he was a Disneyland kid, so this was his first trip to WDW. My fourth, but first back since being a kid.

They put us at Beach Club and we were hooked! :rotfl:

Last edited:
WDW is offering WDW CM active and furloughed and laid off, a pop up shop at ESPN WWoS where merchandise will be marked off 75%, this event will be going on Dec 7 through the 17, no returns or exchanges, CM cannot bring guests with them and have to sign up to be able to enter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter