Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the cdc thing, hasn’t it always been exposure is without masks? So now it’s just a shorter period but still w/o masks?

I took the big thing to be that before you had to be near someone for 15 mins consecutively, but now it is 15 min cumulatively over a 24 hour period

So theoretically for theme parks, if you are near someone for a few minutes and then later near that same person for a few minutes and repeat (and obviously with crowds you could completely unnoticed all of this)

I took the big thing to be that before you had to be near someone for 15 mins consecutively, but now it is 15 min cumulatively over a 24 hour period

So theoretically for theme parks, if you are near someone for a few minutes and then later near that same person for a few minutes and repeat (and obviously with crowds you could completely unnoticed all of this)
I think her point was that the change in exposure recommendation applies to situations without masks, and since Disney requires masks except for when you're eating, it doesn't really change anything for most of the crowd situations in the parks.

It might mean they have to be more diligent about enforcement, but I don't see them needing to change the policy.

Exactly. You queue at park entrance 5ft from someone for 10 minutes. Once through the gate same people queue for photopass for 3 minutes. 8 hours later you just happen to be near the same people in a shop queue for 2 minutes.

Previously none of that would have been classed as close contact because of the gaps.

In reality its still nonsense. Covid doesn't wait until the cumulative 14mins 59s to infect. You could catch it if you're only near them for 10 seconds if they cough during that time. Or as epidemiologists agree its airborne it may have been someone coughing in the same space then leaving 2 minutes or more before you even enter that space.

So, still nonsense, but a step in the right direction.

I think her point was that the change in exposure recommendation applies to situations without masks, and since Disney requires masks except for when you're eating, it doesn't really change anything for most of the crowd situations in the parks.

It might mean they have to be more diligent about enforcement, but I don't see them needing to change the policy.
Worth remembering that masks even when worn correctly do not offer 100% protection.

The “new” information about Covid that comes out occasionally has been not surprising and is obvious stuff given the things reported by other countries months ago. It is why many of us are not comfortable and have not been comfortable with certain situations (indoor dining) despite them passing the 6 feet apart test. It is why before masks became commonplace many of us were leery at the advice to just wash your hands and not touch your face.

I think it’s pretty likely decision makers at Disney are not surprised either and that we don’t see many changes, it just solidifies that their precautions and especially enforcement will remain strong.

Just a reminder to stay on the topic of theme parks and cruise lines. New studies and findings come out every day on COVID sometimes this does lead to theme park changes but no sense in worrying about it/discussing it here until such. Things are ever fluid.

The stupid zones where people can go for a rest from wearing masks. Outdoors would kinda be ok. Indoors, taking mask of just for the sake of it? Bonkers.
Obviously Disney feels these are safe enough. It’s not like they are packing people into a small indoor space with no masks. These spaces are large and everyone is distanced. If people don’t feel comfortable using those spaces they don’t have too.

Obviously Disney feels these are safe enough. It’s not like they are packing people into a small indoor space with no masks. These spaces are large and everyone is distanced. If people don’t feel comfortable using those spaces they don’t have too.

I see them similar to dining. Higher risk, but a necessary evil if they are open given how high temperatures can climb in Florida. A better alternative than people wasting space in QS restaurants, pretending to eat, or pulling off their masks when CMs aren’t looking in lines and such, just to get a break from their masks.

Here is the best news of the day:

"Azar said he expects all seniors, healthcare workers, and first responders will be able to receive a vaccine as soon as January, with the rest of the American public able to get a vaccine by April."

https://news.yahoo.com/u-likely-enough-covid-19-205407274.html
I think this is overly optimistic, but a man can dream...

If most Americans were vaccinated by April, I'd think the Disney World stage would be set for some "pre-covid vibes" for their 50th anniversary. October 2021 would look more like March 2020 with some power-ups too (Galactic Starcruiser, Rat, Harmonious, and Space 220).

The other big ticket items that could have been done by the 50th (Tron, GoTG, Epcot Play, Moana, etc) just won't be in play. Still would make most of happy in here.
That is reliant on most Americans are willing to get a vaccine that was created/dispensed so soon.

That is reliant on most Americans are willing to get a vaccine that was created/dispensed so soon.

I don't have faith Americans will get it.
Everyone yelling we need the vaccine, but when it's available, won't get it. I have trust in the process (it's no different than any other vaccine and won't change no matter who is president) and will be getting the vaccine as soon as I am able.

We want Disney and other businesses to come back and restrictions to ease? This is how.

I don't have faith Americans will get it.
Everyone yelling we need the vaccine, but when it's available, won't get it. I have trust in the process (it's no different than any other vaccine and won't change no matter who is president) and will be getting the vaccine as soon as I am able.

We want Disney and other businesses to come back and restrictions to ease? This is how.
Totally agree. I get frustrated when I hear people talk about how they just want everything to be normal and yell about how they want concerts, mass gatherings, etc but then they don’t want to take any of the steps needed to get to that point..such as wearing a mask, getting a vaccine (both doses), etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter