Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be interested to see how this may trickle down to impact the DVC piece of the Grand Californian. Technically - you don't need the parks to stay there....but would people go? Would they be forced to open it? With Aulani in phased reopening plans, the Grand Cal is the last DVC resort that remains shuttered.

How can they enforce that? Seems ridiculously arbitrary

I guess by ID - that you would have to show proof of residence and base it on zip code?

I would figure to start with the limited capacity and having to have a reservation it would organically be mostly locals anyway

I am sure some could, and could see like weekend stays and stuff but how much is that considering all the surrounding hotels and restaurants and stuff?

And the lack of an economic benefit to those businesses is a serious issue. The sooner we can find a way to get people back to work the better. The mounting job losses we are going to see over the next few months barring some drastic change will do long term damage to the economy. The job losses are now starting to move up ladder rapidly.

I guess by ID - that you would have to show proof of residence and base it on zip code?

I would figure to start with the limited capacity and having to have a reservation it would organically be mostly locals anyway
If you have to do advance tickets they require your address.

To restrict to a radius just seems unnecessary. Why not just limit the ticket sales? If a state is required to quarantine, that would still be in effect, just like everywhere else

Just seems like a rule put in place to show who's in charge. You don't have to agree. 🙂

Most of it seems pretty standard but last one is interesting. Makes some sense and probably won't be too big of a hit to Disneyland as locals park (though I guess it depends how limited)
The last one pisses me off sooo much. I can travel anywhere in state. I can go to the zoo, aquariums, restaurants- but DLR? OMG NO I WILL OBVIOUSLY KILL PEOPLE!

And lol. Gonna be a PAIN for Disney to enforce. And APs?! Holy heck gonna be a lot of mad people if vists are enforced to only Chosen zip codes...

The distance lockdown wouldnt last that long. With how Newsom has been running things, I’m actually not at all surprised by that ruling and I actually expected it. But Disney just wants to open. They have a lot of locals that the 25% should be hit every day. I’m sure the distance restrictions will be lifted within a few months if things progress. It’s better than not having them open at all

To restrict to a radius just seems unnecessary. Why not just limit the ticket sales? If a state is required to quarantine, that would still be in effect, just like everywhere else

Just seems like a rule put in place to show who's in charge. You don't have to agree. 🙂

DLR has always been a locals park mostly so opening it up for locals only and not wanting people from out of state or out of the area to come is not a completely crazy idea.

The reason why the Governer would want to do this is obvious.

If CA bothered with state quarantines I’d be inclined to say ok, fine. I get it. But CA does not, so to essentially quarantine only select people for this select activity is... 😡

DLR has always been a locals park mostly so opening it up for locals only and not wanting people from out of state or out of the area to come is not a completely crazy idea.

The reason why the Governer would want to do this is obvious.
Hillarrioualy enough essentially forcing Disneyland to only allow locals- much more likely to be APs- is gonna slaughter what few ticket sales they had planned. And they can FORGET about hotel demand when everyone is a local... Geez, this little gotcha is gonna do a nice big chunk of harm to the Mouse’s bottom line...

I guess I dont see the obvious?

He doesn't want people from outside the area that may be positive coming to DLR and then spreading it to the locals in the area. If it is only the same people who are going to the grocery store or wal-mart together who are at disneyland it isn't much different then going to the grocery store or wal-mart.

They simply don't want somebody from GA or FL coming to disneyland and possibly creating a new outbreak for CA.

He doesn't want people from outside the area that may be positive coming to DLR and then spreading it to the locals in the area. If it is only the same people who are going to the grocery store or wal-mart together who are at disneyland it isn't much different then going to the grocery store or wal-mart.

They simply don't want somebody from GA or FL coming to disneyland and possibly creating a new outbreak for CA.

He will be restricting people in his own state if what people are saying is true. I don't believe his motive is altruistic.

Sorry, I find him to be...something else. And thats all I will say. 😄

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter