Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
He doesn't want people from outside the area that may be positive coming to DLR and then spreading it to the locals in the area. If it is only the same people who are going to the grocery store or wal-mart together who are at disneyland it isn't much different then going to the grocery store or wal-mart.

They simply don't want somebody from GA or FL coming to disneyland and possibly creating a new outbreak for CA.
Nah. If he actually cared about that CA would have a quarantine on states with bad numbers. CA does not. This is gonna be crazy if it comes to be- ONE industry in the state has to refuse business to select people. Just wow.

He will be restricting people in his own state if what people are saying is true. I don't believe his motive is altruistic.

Sorry, I find him to be...something else. And thats all I will say. 😄

If reports are true he's restricting it to the people around disneyland who are people who are more likely to already be interacting with each other.

It gives disney a way to reopen. That is a good thing.

The last one pisses me off sooo much. I can travel anywhere in state. I can go to the zoo, aquariums, restaurants- but DLR? OMG NO I WILL OBVIOUSLY KILL PEOPLE!

And lol. Gonna be a PAIN for Disney to enforce. And APs?! Holy heck gonna be a lot of mad people if vists are enforced to only Chosen zip codes...
This basically limits it to local APs which makes me wonder how they’re going to make any real money.

The last one pisses me off sooo much. I can travel anywhere in state. I can go to the zoo, aquariums, restaurants- but DLR? OMG NO I WILL OBVIOUSLY KILL PEOPLE!

And lol. Gonna be a PAIN for Disney to enforce. And APs?! Holy heck gonna be a lot of mad people if vists are enforced to only Chosen zip codes...

I get the idea of trying to limit spread if someone infected were in they are limiting where that spread could get to ...

But you are spot on if other major tourist attractions are open without this rule, why signal the theme parks out? People travel pretty for to the San Diego Zoo or to the wine country or to see stuff in San Fran, etc

Nah. If he actually cared about that CA would have a quarantine on states with bad numbers. CA does not. This is gonna be crazy if it comes to be- ONE industry in the state has to refuse business to select people. Just wow.

And most people would just ignore the quarantine and go on about their way like we have seen in FL. I think Hawaii is the only state that has been able to really enforce a quarantine but they are an island.

I get the idea of trying to limit spread if someone infected were in they are limiting where that spread could get to ...

But you are spot on if other major tourist attractions are open without this rule, why signal the theme parks out? People travel pretty for to the San Diego Zoo or to the wine country or to see stuff in San Fran, etc
Let’s go one step further- if this comes to be certain zip codes can dine & shop in Downtown Disney, walk up to the gates of the parks and stay at that Best Western that is closer to the Front Gates than the Disneyland Hotel- but they wouldn’t be able to enter the parks themselves.

Last edited:
If reports are true he's restricting it to the people around disneyland who are people who are more likely to already be interacting with each other.

It gives disney a way to reopen. That is a good thing.
But as has been stated I can leave one of the country’s hottest counties and head to Sonoma, San Fran or San Diego tomorrow. It’s ridiculous and nothing but a power move. Or he saw the flack DeSantis got and he has cold feet. Downtown Disney on the weekends is already the outbreak food he fears.

How can they enforce that? Seems ridiculously arbitrary
Every year DL sells SoCal resident tickets. If you have that ticket, they check your ID at the gate. And they are very strict about it. So no buying a ticket for a friend or relative from out of the area. If that is a guideline for theme parks I’m assuming that will be what they do.

Well. It’s been a depressing night (did I mention my area of CA is so purple I think we’ll emerge in 2023)... I’m gonna drown my sorrows in a glass of wine, pray this doesn’t actually happen and exit the DIS stage left before I get in trouble with some poor mod because my mouth ran too much when my anger met the wine 🤣

This basically limits it to local APs which makes me wonder how they’re going to make any real money.

There is no "real" money on live entertainment items right now...

But there is survival money...and getting the clock running on all the local APs, so they'll tick down their time to next renewal is something...
Getting them to buy lunch and drinks is something more...

It's not a lot, but it keeps some folks employed and the park operating as a going concern...that does get to be priceless right now...

PS - I still think the Gov is ridiculous, but I at least give him that this is FINALLY an effort at trying...

He doesn't want people from outside the area that may be positive coming to DLR and then spreading it to the locals in the area. If it is only the same people who are going to the grocery store or wal-mart together who are at disneyland it isn't much different then going to the grocery store or wal-mart.

They simply don't want somebody from GA or FL coming to disneyland and possibly creating a new outbreak for CA.

So then are people who are allowed to visit Disneyland then not allowed to....leave the radius? ever?

Because that's the only way your logic works here.

People who live within the radius are still traveling to "outside the radius" - they don't exclusively exist in their town.

I noticed today in my MDE that "Disney's Boardwalk hours" is listed right next to my park hours for DHS on that specific. Staying at Beach Club. I thought that was interesting as I have never seen that before. I was under the assumption there are no activities going on at the Boardwalk right now?

I noticed today in my MDE that "Disney's Boardwalk hours" is listed right next to my park hours for DHS on that specific. Staying at Beach Club. I thought that was interesting as I have never seen that before. I was under the assumption there are no activities going on at the Boardwalk right now?
They’ve always listed the Boardwalk hours on MDE. Nothing really new, and yes, most of the entertainment there is still closed (boardwalk games, street performers, piano bar, ESPN club).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter