Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess I don't understand why they'd be getting rid of Fast Passes permanently . I'm assuming some other system will take it's place?

Just because FP+ is going away doesn’t mean the system itself is going away. Fastpass “went away” at Disneyland and was replaced by Maxpass. Basically the same in principle, just a new name and a few changes. I could see Disney adapt the Maxpass system with a different name, and maybe a few other small changes from the way it works at DLR. I’m almost certain it’ll tie into Disney Genie though

It’s like the eating/drinking loophole they had to tighten up on. Give people an inch they take a mile.

Let them come off for photos and you’ve got a bunch of people constantly “taking pictures” with a camera out and ready whenever a CM approaches.
When we were there, it seemed like there were some people who wore masks bc they had to, but given any opportunity, they'd remove them or have their noses out. The worst places for compliance we saw were in ride queues (where people are less likely to be caught by CMs), and around resort walkways (while walking or waiting for the skyliner to open).

As a guest, it's an uncomfortable situation to be put in when someone doesn't comply. You never know how someone will react, which is why we just kept our distance as best as we could. I'm sure CMs deal with confrontational, inappropriate behavior all the time (and that's also not okay), but at least the times we saw CMs ask guests to correct their masks, there was no argument (reactions ranged from apologetic (the guest had genuinely forgotten) to looking annoyed but not saying anything). I'm sure Disney doesn't want added expenditure, but it seemed like they needed more of these "unseen" places monitored by CMs.

Paid makes me sad. I like how FP- and + largely rewarded effort and knowledge, favouring us crazed Disney people.

Here’s hoping it and Genie isn’t too heavy with the upcharges (yeah right, lol), and if all else fails I hope I still have my don’t care just happy to finally be back attitude.

I guess I'm one of the few who liked the FP system?

Me! Loved FP- too and was sad to see it go. With FP+, it was so satisfying to snag the same day ones too, especially when they were for immediate entry.

I feel like I’m in a safe space to make this confession, a fun side benefit of the very short amount of time we spent as passholders was checking for FP+ at random times for no reason at all 😂 (no worries, I did not book them).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter