Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article I found interesting - surveyed 2k people and two thirds said they would not visit a Disney theme park before a vaccine is developed. I've seen a lot of people commenting in other threads who have delayed their trips to later this year or into next year hoping that the parks will be back to normal by then. Without a vaccine, it is very unlikely that will happen. *Sorry to be a downer* :(
I’m pretty sure availability for park reservations has changed too for resort stays for the first week. I want to say AK was booked on 7/14 or something & now DHS is the only park booked that week.

ETA: For us, that’s all good news. The fewer ppl the better.

Last edited:
we will definitely know by opening day on the 11th. For CM and AP previews no transportation is being offered whatsoever, you must drive into your specific park of preview and walk to the entrance, no tram service will be available. It is unclear if tram service will be unavailable once the parks reopen for all

What does this mean for MK? Some form of transportation has to be offered unless they want us to swim or walk through the GF walking path construction. Lol

I’m pretty sure availability for park reservations has changed too for resort stays for the first week. I want to say AK was booked on 7/14 or something & now DHS is the only park booked that week.
So why don't they go ahead and open up 2020 ticket purchases again to fill their reduced capacity in July and maximize their profits? Anyone with tickets in hand would've already reserved park days by now I would assume. Doesn't make any sense...

So why don't they go ahead and open up 2020 ticket purchases again to fill their reduced capacity in July and maximize their profits? Anyone with tickets in hand would've already reserved park days by now I would assume. Doesn't make any sense...
I’m wondering if they had planned to but with the numbers, don’t want to look bad doing that now.

I've heard it said parks will open at 30% once opened. Is this for the rest of the year right now? Does anyone have any idea how low 30% or what 30% will look like in the parks?

I've heard it said parks will open at 30% once opened. Is this for the rest of the year right now? Does anyone have any idea how low 30% or what 30% will look like in the parks?
I think it depends on if it's 30% of the max capacity or 30% of their average daily capacity -- and Disney hasn't said.

Not sure, but I have heard this 30% number for more than the theme parks. In the ocean cruise industry, the generally touted number is ~30% capacity as it is near or at the break even point. Of course, this value was derived pre-virus protocols and resourcing.

I personally think it’s between 15%-20% and likely using max capacity as the reference point.

If it is 30%, then it’s 30% of the average daily capacity as 30% of max capacity is a very large amount of people, and given how cautious about the opening Disney is, I really doubt we see ~30,000 people allowed at MK and Epcot to start.

The capacity limits will increase over time through the year.Probably slower to start due to the situation in Florida right now. My guess is a 5-10% bump after the first month and a 5% bump after every 2-3 weeks thereafter.

these are my guesses, nothing to bank on

What does this mean for MK? Some form of transportation has to be offered unless they want us to swim or walk through the GF walking path construction. Lol

Not convenient, but you can always walk from GF to Poly (unless they block that off) and walk to TTC or uber/lyft to the CR entrance and walk from there.

No it’s so you can charge with your magic band back to your room. They don’t do it if you remove your card & won’t allow charged back to your room.

Attachments

• 69023CA4-0B07-4881-9AB9-6B5FC46674EB.jpeg
    69023CA4-0B07-4881-9AB9-6B5FC46674EB.jpeg
    39 KB · Views: 147
No offense but a CM chat is not reliable. If you don’t want to charge to your room, you can remove the credit card on file & they won’t charge you. I did it one trip b/c I had multiple reservations in one stay & they kept charging me.

Im at fantasia mini golf grabbing some video and you can hear the safety spiel coming from dhs every 15 minutes
Btw they're taking temp here too

I feel like I finally got to participate in things yesterday as it was the first time I went somewhere that checked my temperature ..... granted it was at the barber shop so not nearly as fun as a theme park (or mini golf) but hey, baby steps

I consider myself versed on many things WDW but staying at resorts is not one of them
I am checking into the Poly today and my card was charged and refunded $100, the charge says front desk. Is this normal? the room was paid in full when I booked back in April
I can't answer your question unfortunately...maybe the hold anount??? But excited to hear you're staying at Polynesian...we'll be staying there for the first time first week of Sept. Would love to hear your thoughts. If you have time; could you let us know about food options (is it basically full menu at counter service) ...any info. on pool? I assume capacity won't be an issue while you're there. Thanks so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter