Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we’re still at the point Disney isn’t necessarily going to want to motivate more people to come back. I think there are enough who are willing to come (and I agree with you I think it’s much lower than it would seem in a place like this) based on the way they’re seemingly making little effort to entice people to come right now (or even keep reservations). On a personal level I’m with you, mostly. I would probably go to Disney with significant cuts at this point out of sheer desperation and love lol but will not until it’s safer

I just don’t see the fireworks coming back quickly. As with a lot of other things, Disney has considerations that other places don’t.
Totally. Incentivizing visits at a time like this leaves them open to a LOT more criticism.
With so many of the perks slowly disappearing over the years, it's really going to be a sad day when they take away our perk of being able to complain about planning our trips. That will probably be the final straw and many will probably just quit going at that point.
I feel personally attacked!

This was posted in a FB group - we knew most of this already but I thought the bit about some of the queues having partitions was especially interesting. I’m curious to see which queues and how that looks!

View attachment 505175
Totally fine with sitting and eating as long as there’s somewhere to sit. I’m looking at you Epcot.

I think Olgas cantina had to close as per Florida's new law on bars needing to close. That wasn't actually Disney , pool bars will probably have to close also. Maybe a few more your sales have to be be mostly food and i think they can only do alcohol only to go, bars are all closing in FL because of the huge spike in Corona cases

I hope not. We really want that chocolate nitro thingy. lol

Ohhhh, I forgot all about this dessert. It’s one of our favorites! Hate that we’ll be missing it this year. I wonder what they’ll do with the Holidays Around the World mini-fest this time around.

Wait...this actually says "online" for dining reservations tomorrow...
View attachment 505200
Yes I have been saying that! It says it twice.
I will be ready online and phoning in simultaneously. Online in the past was 6am ET and phone lines were 7 am ET.
Don't blink! It might change again!!!!

It was changed this afternoon. Originally it didn't mention the online piece. So it will be up at 6am for me tomorrow. Fingers crossed for everyone we can book and get back to bed...lol

This actually doesn't affect my family as we have 3 toddlers so a single stroller and a tandem double stroller when we go to parks so it's easier for us to just hoof it to the entrances rather than bother with folding everything up and carrying kids and gear for a tram anyway 🤣

ETA: We usually beat the tram to the entrance too, with 2 strollers!
Same! We have a double and always walk all of the lots, even in August. It’s just easier than folding it all up!

It was changed this afternoon. Originally it didn't mention the online piece. So it will be up at 6am for me tomorrow. Fingers crossed for everyone we can book and get back to bed...lol

The online bit was always there, at least for me. I checked right after I got the email at 2:00pm and saw it. Maybe the page was cached or something if it wasn't showing for others.

The online bit was always there, at least for me. I checked right after I got the email at 2:00pm and saw it. Maybe the page was cached or something if it wasn't showing for others.
It depends on where you look, the website isn’t consistent. The ADR thread I posted earlier is a better one to follow for ADR help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter