Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will say in my entire Disney fandom this is the first time I really feel bad for them.

Right now there is just no way for them to “win”.

I know we aren’t going back for at least a year, and probably not until late 2021. I honestly hope they can just get back to being profitable.

What do we think the chances are that they are going to allow for some sort of hopping capability, at least to Epcot, by September of this year?

What do we think the chances are that they are going to allow for some sort of hopping capability, at least to Epcot, by September of this year?
I think it ultimately depends on how many people show up to the parks. If there is still room I'd bet they add it. They could do like someone suggested upthread, once in your original park you could then go into MDE and reserve a different park if it's available.

So if I'm in MK and decide I would like to hop to Epcot later I could then go into MDE and reserve EPCOT if it wasn't sold out. That's what I'm hoping anyway. ;)

I think it ultimately depends on how many people show up to the parks. If there is still room I'd bet they add it. They could do like someone suggested upthread, once in your original park you could then go into MDE and reserve a different park if it's available.

So if I'm in MK and decide I would like to hop to Epcot later I could then go into MDE and reserve EPCOT if it wasn't sold out. That's what I'm hoping anyway. ;)

That seems like a complicated project fro Disney IT.

I just hope we can 100% return same day to our original park. We have 3 MK days booked and we are staying at CR. We are really hoping to spend morning till about 1 pm then heading to swim or resort relaxation. Then heading back to the park for a dinner reservation. 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻End of July

The problem is...let's say there is a capacity of 10,000. They let in 10,000 people. 5 people leave to go back to their hotel, and they let 5 more people in....then when the original 5 people come back, they won't be able to get in the park.

Now...I think there is a way to do it the way you say. And I think they will figure it out. There's usually not going to be exactly 10,000 (or whatever the max number is) in the park at any one time. Those numbers will fluctuate. So, I do think there is a way to make it work. And for every 5 people that leave a park and intend to come back, there are probably 5 who leave and don't come back. So, I think it would work out.

I just think that right now, like others have said, coming up with a system to monitor hopping capability is probably on the backburner for now.
I think that the point is only those people who go to a kiosk and relinquish their reservations are deducted from the capacity. Then they could book to go to another park with capacity. They can't go back to their original park. It wouldn't require a new system, just a cast member to witness the exchange and exit.

So it just occurred to me...it's been noted which restaurants will be open during the "initial reopening period" but that has not been defined other than "when the parks reopen". If that's the case, and they are taking things slowly and assessing at each step how things are going and what capacity is like, do we actually expect ADRs to even be a thing initially? I know they said ADRs would be at 60 days from visit, but we are 2 weeks from MK reopening and no ADRs have been announced. Maybe the "initial reopening period" will not have ADRs at all, until after they assess usage and capacities?

Sorry I might have missed it, so you got an amount? I know a lot of people have been told everything from we’ll contact you with the refund amount, to we don’t know yet. Did they tell you if we’re entitled to the bonus month by way of refund if we flat out cancel?
No, I didn't get an amount. She said she processed it for me and that I would be contacted likely in a few weeks when the parks open with the amount. So it might just be semantics what I experienced versus others. (I didn't want to jump in and tell her that I didn't think the parks were actually going to open...)

OK...just got off the phone regarding AP disposition and options.

No selection is necessary at this time as a statement/e-mail will be sent in early July with the details. The phone CM said there was a 4th option, but it was a little confusing if this 1 month bonus was if I didn't select the partial refund option. There was no calculation on how much money would be refunded in either the partial or full scenario at this time. So...we're back to a holding pattern.
Lol the no selection part is completely different from what mine told me.

I think that the point is only those people who go to a kiosk and relinquish their reservations are deducted from the capacity. Then they could book to go to another park with capacity. They can't go back to their original park. It wouldn't require a new system, just a cast member to witness the exchange and exit.

Yep. That’s what I’m saying. If you exit and plan to return to the same park later, then you just exit as normal. If you want to park hop to a park with available capacity, you scan your magic band when you exit the original park and essentially give up your reservation for the first park but then you are allowed to make a reservation for a park with available capacity. Seems like this could all be done fairly easily with the systems they have in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter