Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's why you're supposed to keep it on, not keep it on the chin or neck. That's the issue - people aren't doing it correctly.

And no, the studies aren't there yet, but stories like the one where the two hair stylists who were asymptomatic served 140 people, everyone wore the masks, and no one else got it. The masks work as long as everyone cooperates, which is what we're NOT seeing (at least in FL).

Even if everyone wore masks and sanitized properly where would we be? Do we know that doing this would rid the virus?

My family is going to Disney in three weeks, and we will all have masks on, and abide by these rules, but this is so new, noone knows how to truly get rid of it.

Moderators--I don't suppose it's too late for a change---I know it's been thousands of pages...but maybe changing the name of the thread to Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates (or whatever)---and maybe we don't talk about the virus/mask fighting stuff here...and maybe split this thread into two?---Not trying to start anything here----but we definitely seem to have two different camps on here

Even if everyone wore masks and sanitized properly where would we be? Do we know that doing this would rid the virus?

My family is going to Disney in three weeks, and we will all have masks on, and abide by these rules, but this is so new, noone knows how to truly get rid of it.
No, but shouldn't everyone at least try it out? It's so incredibly simple and easy to do. That's what's so frustrating to me. The science has to be able to catch up, which will not happen as long as people keep up with the "If it doesn't affect me personally, I don't care" attitude.

Relax, I made the assumption of using a mask properly.

So....What we do know is that masks used PROPERLY, your chances aren’t increased. I’ll make the change in my post as well, I didn’t think it was needed, but apparently so.
But people aren't wearing them properly. People need to know that when you go to eat or take a break from the mask it needs to be OFF not under your chin. Also wearing one mask the entire day isn't good either (I'm speaking of non medical masks). Those suckers need to be changed up very frequently.

Wearing a mask incorrectly is no better and could be worse than not wearing one at all.

Ok this nurse is coming of her soap box now.

You’re right, they’re not going to open on July 17th, they’re going to open on July 11th, and July 15th
Each day that goes by, the likelihood of that seems to be going down, unfortunately. Even a small delay (just a few weeks) would be very bad for WDW. Still very possible they reopen on 7/11, but we’ll probably find out a more firm answer at the end of weekend when Attractions CMs are supposed to return.

Moderators--I don't suppose it's too late for a change---I know it's been thousands of pages...but maybe changing the name of the thread to Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates (or whatever)---and maybe we don't talk about the virus/mask fighting stuff here...and maybe split this thread into two?---Not trying to start anything here----but we definitely seem to have two different camps on here
IMO that ship sailed a long time ago. Whether I split it or not people will still push those buttons. I am still continually deleting off topic posts. People could do me a favor and think before the post though. This thread is still for theme parks.

Not just wearing masks though. Social distancing and limiting large gatherings as well. Nothing will rid ourselves of the virus, but these basic cautions shouldn't be such a large inconvenience imo.

We should stop trying to convince those who have deeply entrenched ideologies that blind them to science and facts. Unfortunately, a large portion of this country has lost the ability to think critically. Sad.
Now, more on topic, will this entrenched ideology cause those workers in WDW to ignore basic scientific protocols when outside of the workplace. If so, the steep rates of infection will most definitely hit WDW. If you believe that masks don't work, then you'd be a fool to go to Disney as you'd be risking infection. If you believe that masks help, the rate on Disney property is lessened, but is it enough to provide a safe place?
We'll see.
Word. After today's news of 9000 more cases....it may be a very long time before I head back to WDW. Will probably give up on the rest of 2020. Such a bummer.

Each day that goes by, the likelihood of that seems to be going down, unfortunately. Even a small delay (just a few weeks) would be very bad for WDW. Still very possible they reopen on 7/11, but we’ll probably find out a more firm answer at the end of weekend when Attractions CMs are supposed to return.

I think the opposite. The closer we get, the more unlikely they delay. Why open the reservation system this week? It’s not like Disney saw the rising cases early last week and thought that it would just disappear. They knew that it was about to get bad. It would have been much easier if they delayed the parks reservation system by a week and then reevaluate. They didn’t do they. They could have paused the system. They haven’t done that.
Universal hasn’t budged an inch. I don’t expect Disney will either. Too many wheels have been moving forward to put the train in reverse

IMO that ship sailed a long time ago. Whether I split it or not people will still push those buttons. I am still continually deleting off topic posts. People could do me a favor and think before the post though. This thread is still for theme parks.
I think it will be more on topic after the initial rush about the numbers. Thank you for letting posters vent a bit about this. Most of us are stressed and posting is just one way to wear a bit of that stress away. Everyone on here has WDW on their mind as they post and how this affects their trip. They’re inexplicably tied together, unfortunately.

I think the opposite. The closer we get, the more unlikely they delay. Why open the reservation system this week? It’s not like Disney saw the rising cases early last week and thought that it would just disappear. They knew that it was about to get bad. It would have been much easier if they delayed the parks reservation system by a week and then reevaluate. They didn’t do they. They could have paused the system. They haven’t done that.
Universal hasn’t budged an inch. I don’t expect Disney will either. Too many wheels have been moving forward to put the train in reverse
Disney took FP+ reservations and ADRs for all of June and the rest of the year (even after they announced the reopening) but canceled them all. Am I saying it’s definitely going to happen? No (I really hope it doesn’t), but the public narrative surrounding COVID-19 and Florida has shifted drastically since Monday. Anything can be undone; nothing is certain right now.

As long as public perception continues to favor reopening they'll stay on track. It wasn't till the NBA shutdown in March that businesses really started pumping the breaks. When or if the masses start looking at the operation of theme parks during a pandemic as irresponsible it may lead to likelihood of closure.

Thank you! Just thought I'd try. You MODS do an awesome job! And yes. I am kissing some for future mistakes I know I'll be making:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter