Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, what do I need to know for booking my package for next year?

I plan to book our June 2021 trip when it opens on the 28th. Do I have to/should I book our park days at the same time when I book the package just to be safe? If I book the park days now, and then want to change them later on, will I be able to (if availability allows)?

Just did the bus ride from DS to Boardwalk. No one on the bus over and only one person on the bus back buck the Poly had 5 groups of people waiting at the station at DS, with a thunderstorm coming
Walked from BW to BC, super eerie with no music, not sure why they don't have it on, the music at CR was on
Boardwalk Bakery, Trattoria Al Forno and Abracadabar were all open with no one inside, I think they will open reservation for everyone "soon:
The bakery had very limited number of items all pre packed already, the fountain drink station manned by a CM who will get your drink

I was just curious if anyone else who didn’t get the park reservation email from Disney before it went live, get a delayed one? I have 3 different reservations between now and December with tickets in our account and never got an email (and I keep checking junk mail). I’m truly disappointed I was not notified by Disney, because I did get the email saying we would have first priority when booking would begin.

I did however get a bizarre email to purchase my Disney Food and Wine 1/2 marathon pictures from 2013 🤪 today from the company they use to take race photos. I was shocked they still have them almost 7 yrs later!!!

I’m in the same exact boat as you, except for two reservations. I have not received any e-mails about the park reservation system but, like you, I did receive the e-mail about booking priority (ironically, I received that one very early compared to others on this board).

Just did the bus ride from DS to Boardwalk. No one on the bus over and only one person on the bus back buck the Poly had 5 groups of people waiting at the station at DS, with a thunderstorm coming
Walked from BW to BC, super eerie with no music, not sure why they don't have it on, the music at CR was on
Boardwalk Bakery, Trattoria Al Forno and Abracadabar were all open with no one inside, I think they will open reservation for everyone "soon:
The bakery had very limited number of items all pre packed already, the fountain drink station manned by a CM who will get your drink
Thanks for the report! Glad you were able to explore some resorts; was going to ask if you were still planning on trying!

So, what do I need to know for booking my package for next year?

I plan to book our June 2021 trip when it opens on the 28th. Do I have to/should I book our park days at the same time when I book the package just to be safe? If I book the park days now, and then want to change them later on, will I be able to (if availability allows)?

You can book 2021 (through 9/26/21) starting today. Only resorts that have announced a reopening date for 2020 are available for 2021 booking right now.
You don't have to book parks at the same time, but you can if you want.

You can modify park reservations after booking, depending on availability.

Anyone checking if you were a resort guest?

One side note: looks like a pretty dangerous thunderstorm about to go over disney world. Looks nasty. Be careful.

You can book 2021 (through 9/26/21) starting today. Only resorts that have announced a reopening date for 2020 are available for 2021 booking right now.
You don't have to book parks at the same time, but you can if you want.

You can modify park reservations after booking, depending on availability.

I thought it wasn't until the 28th for the general public, but that's even better!

Anyone else with a mid-July check in just get an email from Disney asking them to confirm?

It looks like they used the same email sent to the pre-park opening ressies as it says only DVC resorts and FW will be open.

Glad I stalk the 1800 pages here to know that my resort will, in fact, be open!

Edit: I see I'm in good company!

I’m in the same exact boat as you, except for two reservations. I have not received any e-mails about the park reservation system but, like you, I did receive the e-mail about booking priority (ironically, I received that one very early compared to others on this board).
I spoke to soon 😊 Check your email I just got one from Disney @ 8:01pm to confirm that I will still be going for my Labor Day trip. I need to confirm by 8/5/2020. I’m DVC so I confirmed. This was the blurb about the park reservation system which isn’t written very well.

THEME PARKS & EXPERIENCES
As a reminder, Magic Kingdom® Park and Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Park are scheduled to reopen on July 11 followed by EPCOT and Disney’s Hollywood Studios® on July 15.

To help manage attendance, we’re introducing Disney Park Pass service, a new Theme Park reservation system. All our Guests (including Guests of Disney Resort hotels) will need to make a reservation to enter the Theme Parks. Please be aware that you’ll first need a My Disney Experience account and a valid Theme Park ticket or pass linked to it to use the system. Park reservations are limited in capacity, subject to availability and are not guaranteed. Please check the Theme Park Reservation calendarprior to confirming your Resort stay. Guests will be able to select one Park per day. Visiting more than one Park per day will be temporarily unavailable.

At this time, new ticket sales are temporarily paused.

For more information on Theme Parks and tickets, please visit here.

Disney Springs® is currently in a phased reopening with many retail and dining locations ready to welcome you. For more information on locations open at Disney Springs®, please visit here.

Anyone else with a mid-July check in just get an email from Disney asking them to confirm?

It looks like they used the same email sent to the pre-park opening ressies as it says only DVC resorts and FW will be open.

Glad I stalk the 1800 pages here to know that my resort will, in fact, be open!

Edit: I see I'm in good company!
Yes I just did as well. Very strange, given that I modified this reservation yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter