Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will say this, it is very interesting that Disney is NOT doing temp checks at the hotels.

I was at Disney Springs Monday night felt very very safe with the temps checks and masks. Last night I went to Hard Rock at UO and you cant even get into the building without a temp check or wrist band showing you had your temp checked. They literally had someone at every entrance to the hotel checking temps or wrist bands.

Now I understand its difficult at some of these DVC resorts. I stayed at OKW the last 3 days and the hotel is very spread out, BUT, to get to the restaurants or pool areas at ALL these resorts you have to go through one central area and that's where they should be checking temps.

You can still go directly to your room and use online check in but once you get to the central resort area they could check your temp.

I am wondering if they are now reconsidering this?

I wonder if it is in the plans for when non-DVC resorts reopen/parks reopen. It might be that capacity is just so low right now that Disney doesn't think it is warranted yet, but when the (small) masses come, it will be in effect. That wouldn't surprise me at all.

Anyone care to speculate on when club level returns? Will it return?
Disney Signature Services has been told it absolutely will return, but Disney has also offered "temporary" relocations to those CMs (much like they've done for the water parks), so that tells me it's going to be some time. I'd put it in the same bucket as the DDP: these are huge money-makers that WDW wants to bring back but only will do it when the situation allows.

I booked it for May so I’m hoping. Anything to stop my husband asking where we will eat breakfast every day. :rolleyes1 :rotfl2:

Even if Gaston's is open by the time we go, I'm telling Micky it's closed.

It's like he couldn't concentrate on anything until he tried the cinnamon roll. We were on Small World and kept asking if I thought there would be a line or if they would run out. :confused3

I was just curious if anyone else who didn’t get the park reservation email from Disney before it went live, get a delayed one? I have 3 different reservations between now and December with tickets in our account and never got an email (and I keep checking junk mail). I’m truly disappointed I was not notified by Disney, because I did get the email saying we would have first priority when booking would begin.

I did however get a bizarre email to purchase my Disney Food and Wine 1/2 marathon pictures from 2013 🤪 today from the company they use to take race photos. I was shocked they still have them almost 7 yrs later!!!

Even if Gaston's is open by the time we go, I'm telling Micky it's closed.

It's like he couldn't concentrate on anything until he tried the cinnamon roll. We were on Small World and kept asking if I thought there would be a line or if they would run out. :confused3

OK but it IS a really good cinnamon roll, so I totally get this. :rotfl:

Do y’all not know that FL is but 1 of the states impacted by this order? None of which had quarantine orders on us?

This is 100% about our states trying to protect all of the brutally hard work we did to get our numbers low enough that we could safely reopen and get our economies going again. And by “our” I mean specifically NYC and the surrounding burbs. With due respect only someone who wasn’t in NYC during the worst of the pandemic, when we literally had bodies stacked outside hospitals and funeral homes, would think today’s decision had anything to do with politics. Which we can’t discuss on the board anyway so I’m done and that’s the last I’ll say on it.

Politicians make political decisions. It's kind of their MO. If you want a serious political discussion where people are not using emojis, perhaps best not to mention it on a Disney forum.

That’s why I’m flying out of Maryland.

If you’re not allowing anyone into the state without quarantining for 14 days, then theres literally no point in opening the parks. Unless you want to take the absolute loss that has just local APs coming into the parks while refunding people’s reservations.
How do they even know if they have quarantined 14 days?

Do y’all not know that FL is but 1 of the states impacted by this order? None of which had quarantine orders on us?

This is 100% about our states trying to protect all of the brutally hard work we did to get our numbers low enough that we could safely reopen and get our economies going again. And by “our” I mean specifically NYC and the surrounding burbs. With due respect only someone who wasn’t in NYC during the worst of the pandemic, when we literally had bodies stacked outside hospitals and funeral homes, would think today’s decision had anything to do with politics. Which we can’t discuss on the board anyway so I’m done and that’s the last I’ll say on it.
Well I’m in NYC and the only thing I will say is that nothing is decreed these days that DOESNT revert back to politics. But you are right, not the place to discuss our local govts numerous missteps that added to the body count. I frankly have little faith in what I hear from either side...sadly

This thread also covers cruises. In all the hoopla, did anyone share this offer? I am not a cruiser lol. A friend shared this with me today, though. The 15-day window seemed like a big deal!

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/special-offers/cruise-date-flexibility/

View attachment 503938
Yeah I got that email today for my December cruise. All that really says to me is that they really have no idea when they’re going to start sailing again, and they want to hold onto as many deposits and paid in fulls as they can, for as long as they can. By making us able to move to a later cruise, they get to keep all the money paid.

One of the players (Bucks maybe?) was tweeting that he wanted Blizzard Beach access for the teams :rolleyes1

It was Robin Lopez from the Bucks. He was joking that if he was staying at GDT, he wanted access to cross country creek. He’s a WDW super fan and has a home in Golden Oak. He also joked about trading hotels with another team so he could stay at YC instead of GDT because he loves YC/BC. He is at WDW often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter