Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
DOOM AND GLOOM!

I expect to be there for my August vaca in 4 months!!! Dr. Fauci is already discussing plans to get things going again by May 1st (in a methodical layed out plan). WDW would not survive if it waited until 2021.
I am looking forward to seeing this well thought out methodical plan you speak of. As of now, I haven't seen it. If and when I do, I believe you will be disappointed as theme parks, football stadiums, etc will be some of the last places to return to normal.

I am looking forward to seeing this well thought out methodical plan you speak of. As of now, I haven't seen it. If and when I do, I believe you will be disappointed as theme parks, football stadiums, etc will be some of the last places to return to normal.
The task force will announce the plan when they are ready. Im not on the task force! LOL. They may be last but they will still be up and running for the summer.

Don´t make any plans until you are willing to bring your own family into a crowded movie theater. Here in Europe people and the health authorities are talking bout lifting the travel bands outside your own country fall 2021 :oops:
That does not surprise me. We are in Canada (depends on province of course) but we were recently told to prepare to remain under restrictions until November, and a few have mentioned the possibility of extending restrictions up to two years.

ETA: *travel restrictions

Last edited:
DOOM AND GLOOM!

I expect to be there for my August vaca in 4 months!!! Dr. Fauci is already discussing plans to get things going again by May 1st (in a methodical layed out plan). WDW would not survive if it waited until 2021.

No one said they'd be waiting till 2021, so not sure where you pulled this from.

In our small town, that will make not be financially viable. They will have to remain closed. They cannot pay their overhead doing that.

Perhaps, but I was referring to Disney 😉

That does not surprise me. We are in Canada (depends on province of course) but we were recently told to prepare to remain under restrictions until November, and a few have mentioned the possibility of extending up to two years.

Not sure where you heard that. Trudeau said the current wave should pass by mid-summer, when they expect current restrictions to be lessened and things to start opening back up. We will remain under various restrictions until there's a vaccine, but that doesn't mean the full lock down that is going on now. It just means that certain things like large gatherings, sports, theme parks etc... Will likely remain closed or will need to take strict measures to ensure distancing/precautions, restaurants, theatres etc... will need to take measures to try and ensure distancing etc... And that heavier shut downs *may* be *occasionally* needed in *isolated* places when flare ups occur. But they are not anticipating this current national lock down to last past summer, or to be needed again.

DOOM AND GLOOM!

Right. A “methodical layed out plan” of which no details have been discussed. Having antibody testing to allow a certain segment of the population get back to work is incredibly different than having massive gatherings at a theme park. But we can all hope things are okay for August!

Are you OK with this?
A ban on travel restrictions? Not what I would prefer at all but I could live with it if it's what had to be done.
No one said they'd be waiting till 2021, so not sure where you pulled this from.

Perhaps, but I was referring to Disney 😉

Not sure where you heard that. Trudeau said the current wave should pass by mid-summer, when they expect current restrictions to be lessened and things to start opening back up. We will remain under various restrictions until there's a vaccine, but that doesn't mean the full lock down that is going on now. It just means that certain things like large gatherings, sports, theme parks etc... Will likely remain closed or will need to take strict measures to ensure distancing/precautions, restaurants, theatres etc... will need to take measures to try and ensure distancing etc... And that heavier shut downs *may* be *occasionally* needed in *isolated* places when flare ups occur. But they are not anticipating this current national lock down to last past summer, or to be needed again.
Cbc. Our province was told to prepare for restrictions until November; we are expected to peak later than many. But I was referring to travel restrictions like the poster had commented on. And "preparing" for restrictions doesn't necessarily mean they will happen though hopefully. Who knows what will happen.
That isn't what has been said at all. See my comment. No one is predicting a full shut down for 2 years.
I didn't predict a full 2 year shut down. I said it doesn't surprise me that the possibility of travel restrictions for 2 years were were mentioned somewhere in Europe when people have said a vaccine could take that long. I really hope it doesn't take that long and there are tons of other possibilities with testing/drugs/etc and I'm optimistic about those other possibilities. I just meant the announcement of possible travel restrictions didn't surprise me.

Cbc. Our province was told to prepare for restrictions until November; we are expected to peak later than many. But I was referring to travel restrictions like the poster had commented on. And "preparing" for restrictions doesn't necessarily mean they will happen though hopefully. Who knows what will happen.

I didn't predict a full 2 year shut down. I said it doesn't surprise me that the possibility of travel restrictions for 2 years were were mentioned somewhere in Europe when people have said a vaccine could take that long. I really hope it doesn't take that long and there are tons of other possibilities with testing/drugs/etc and I'm optimistic about those other possibilities. I just meant the announcement of possible travel restrictions didn't surprise me.

Sorry, I misunderstood. I guess it seems when most speak of restrictions today, they seem to be thinking of the full shut down, stay home orders we're under right now.

What province are you in?

Sorry, I misunderstood. I guess it seems when most speak of restrictions today, they seem to be thinking of the full shut down, stay home orders we're under right now.

What province are you in?
Reread my post and it was definitely my fault you misunderstood. I wasn't very clear and used restrictions pretty liberally...I'm going to edit it!

I've got to take a break from the boards for a while, at least until I learn whether or not our June 19 convention is canceled. All the speculation keeps me anxious. I am a planner, and this pandemic has really been teaching me to take one day at the time. Even if we do have the convention, I'm not sure I can have a feasible touring plan in place like I have previously for every trip since 2003. How can anyone plan not knowing what will be available-so I will make our fast passes April 20, then wait and see what happens with the convention. Then wait and see what is going on the week before we go, or see what we can do to get park tickets we purchased applied toward tickets for an unknown date-I do need to find out how that would work-I am trying to focus on all our blessings and not worry about something that will really not detract from our quality of life in the long run. We will go back to Disney one day God willing-I will be 67 soon, and praying I can still go on my own two feet, but hey, that can be managed if I can't!

I've got to take a break from the boards for a while, at least until I learn whether or not our June 19 convention is canceled. All the speculation keeps me anxious. I am a planner, and this pandemic has really been teaching me to take one day at the time. Even if we do have the convention, I'm not sure I can have a feasible touring plan in place like I have previously for every trip since 2003. How can anyone plan not knowing what will be available-so I will make our fast passes April 20, then wait and see what happens with the convention. Then wait and see what is going on the week before we go, or see what we can do to get park tickets we purchased applied toward tickets for an unknown date-I do need to find out how that would work-I am trying to focus on all our blessings and not worry about something that will really not detract from our quality of life in the long run. We will go back to Disney one day God willing-I will be 67 soon, and praying I can still go on my own two feet, but hey, that can be managed if I can't!

I've found the more I've read message boards the more frustrated i get or the more anxiety I get.

We all have our opinions on the matter and when it should/will open back up. But the thing that is frustrating is on both sides, people will go find any source to back up their opinion and treat as gospel, then talk down to you as to why you're crazy to believe it.

My official stance is, I don't care what needs to be done, I just want my sports back and disney to open.

I've found the more I've read message boards the more frustrated i get or the more anxiety I get.

We all have our opinions on the matter and when it should/will open back up. But the thing that is frustrating is on both sides, people will go find any source to back up their opinion and treat as gospel, then talk down to you as to why you're crazy to believe it.

My official stance is, I don't care what needs to be done, I just want my sports back and disney to open.
No offense, but the statement of “I don’t care what needs to be done,” is dangerous. I hope there’s some degree of exaggeration of a tongue-in-cheek tone. Things need to be done safely and with the advice of infectious disease experts. I don’t have an official stance, but I hope no one just does something irrational just so people can get their sports and vacations back.

If we have social distancing until we get a vaccine, just imagine how everyone is going to look. No haircuts for 2 years?

Social distancing doesn't necessarily mean everything shut down, 6" apart like today. It means various forms of precautions. I'm sure you'll be allowed to get your shag cut eventually 😉 In the meantime, learn from my husband's mistake and for the love of Peter, don't use a beard trimmer to try and cut your son's hair 🤦😆

In all seriousness, I imagine you'll see a combination of measures - the barbers/hair dressers will have to wear masks, space clients out 6' within the salon as much as possible etc... Perhaps change how appointments are booked, only so many allowed in the salon at a time etc ...

No offense, but the statement of “I don’t care what needs to be done,” is dangerous. I hope there’s some degree of exaggeration of a tongue-in-cheek tone. Things need to be done safely and with the advice of infectious disease experts. I don’t have an official stance, but I hope no one just does something irrational just so people can get their sports and vacations back.

Obviously. I didn't mean just say screw it and lets go back to normal tomorrow. I mean whatever the best course of action is to be able to have these things for, I'm down. Whether that's quarantine longer, or if they think we can start opening up soon. I don't have an opinion one way or the other

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter