Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
People are posting on the large facebook groups about their AP being extended. I don't know if we are allowed to name them, so I won't.

I think they sent emails asking to call and choose the partial refund option, otherwise they may default to the extension.
(I called Friday the 1st time to make sure I was set for the extension, and they said I was already set for the extension)
The rules are a bit different for FL AP’s on the monthly plans.

Thanks.

Is there an email we can use to contact someone or do we have to use the passholder line?

Just got an email from Disney Destinations and jumped out of my seat. Alas, it's only a notification that Disneyland is reopening

Disneyland Resort Proposes Plans to Begin Phased Reopening July 9, with Proposed Reopening of Theme Parks July 17

Sixty-five years to the date after the historic opening of Disneyland park, we are planning to open our theme park gates once again on July 17, 2020, welcoming guests back to the Disneyland Resort

Welp, my nephew just threw in the towel on our replacement DVC booking for the end of July. Too many unknowns. I wish Disney had gotten some of the details on the reservation system out to us by now. His family doesn't do a lot of research and they have never been on any forums or read any blogs. The info I was giving them wasn't cutting it. Guess I can get back to my life for awhile. It's been fun, sort of! Best of luck everyone, I hope your trips end up being amazing! No Sven/Flynn/Finn is out for now... :car:

Last edited:
I feel like I’m racing against the clock before an extension happens trying to get a calling card number so I can call the passholder line. Get. A. Toll. Free. Number. 🤦🏻‍♀️

The way Andy put it it really sounded like soon was going to be today. It still may, but soon could also be for our usual Friday night news dump.
I apologize if that's what I made it sound like; I just meant sooner rather than later, not necessarily this morning. I don't have any dates or times, but with more decisions being made and things picking up and starting to "leak," my logical conclusion is we're going to start getting more concrete information sooner rather than later. That is a departure from even this weekend when there just a lot of radio silence or "nobody knows what's going on."

And just to reiterate, based on what I heard, as long as you're flexible, open, and manage your expectations, I think you'll be fine. Also, to reiterate, what I and others post here should be taken as rumor, so please don't cancel or change your trip based on what I or others say. Wait until Disney comes out with an official statement. Things change; I can tell you the plans that are being discussed now are very different than the ones discussed in May and are eons apart from what they were thinking about in March. All I'm saying is some of the forthcoming news may disappoint AP holders, Value/Mod guests, and DVC members. Disappointing but not devastating. Manage your expectations, and on the bright side, I think it will provide more clarity.

I apologize if that's what I made it sound like; I just meant sooner rather than later, not necessarily this morning. I don't have any dates or times, but with more decisions being made and things picking up and starting to "leak," my logical conclusion is we're going to start getting more concrete information sooner rather than later. That is a departure from even this weekend when there just a lot of radio silence or "nobody knows what's going on."

And just to reiterate, based on what I heard, as long as you're flexible, open, and manage your expectations, I think you'll be fine. Also, to reiterate, what I and others post here should be taken as rumor, so please don't cancel or change your trip based on what I or others say. Wait until Disney comes out with an official statement. Things change; I can tell you the plans that are being discussed now are very different than the ones discussed in May and are eons apart from what they were thinking about in March. All I'm saying is some of the forthcoming news may disappoint AP holders, Value/Mod guests, and DVC members. Disappointing but not devastating. Manage your expectations, and on the bright side, I think it will provide more clarity.

Value resort peasantry may now spend the rest of the afternoon analyzing disappointing vs devastating.

Value resort peasantry may now spend the rest of the afternoon analyzing disappointing vs devastating.
Disappointing for some of the peasantry might be the fact that they're going to get that value/moderate they booked and not the 3BD Grand villa or Bungalow they were counting on. For the record, I'm one of the peasants, but I was looking forward to my stay at Pop.

When the parks open July 11, won’t everyone be in a DVC or the FW cabin? Is the “disappointment” going to based on Your Original booking, before being moved?

Disappointing for some of the peasantry might be the fact that they're going to get that value/moderate they booked and not the 3BD Grand villa or Bungalow they were counting on. For the record, I'm one of the peasants, but I was looking forward to my stay at Pop.

we are also hoping to stay where we booked. And I would probably prefer a move to pop or movies over an upgrade at a mod or deluxe. I like outdoor hallways in a pandemic

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter