Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve been taking time off to catch up with the rest of the world to maybe brighten things up and get some good vibes going. Oops...so much for that. All of a sudden my irritation with WDW feels like a trip to the toy store...remembering back to when I was allowed to go to a toy store. Or any store

ok so...besides passing 1000 no new news right? Tried to scroll back but did not find much. No resort updates, right?

I am super confused- I have a June 21-25 trip planned, paid in full with free dining (recover offer from late March). This is in the email I got:

“We will be modifying your package to remove the dining plan. As an accommodation, the price of the package will be adjusted to reflect a 35% savings on the room portion. This modified package and price will be provided in a new confirmation.”

I am assuming this means on a future package, since my package doesn’t exist anymore. But when do I get to book this package? Anytime between July and end of year?

Curious as to what others who had trips during this timeframe are planning...
I would assume that those that had reservations booked prior to the July 11th opening (@cakebaker and others) will eventually get some type of offer to return at a later date (2021?). I *have* to believe that Disney will make it right for all the guests.

But, I think right now they are focused on trying to get this new reservations systems stood up. They have so much to do, I don't know how they are going to get all of this done by mid-July. At a minimum, they have to:
1. Develop this new reservation system
2. Extend or refund APs
3. Consolidate reservations into the resorts that will be open
4. Activate the reservation page for the AP previews
5. Get the parks and CMs ready for the "new normal."

It's a LOT to do. I don't envy this huge task. At least, it will get the furloughed CMs back to work.

I think that with our handicapped tag that we aren’t charged (kids use a wheelchair). Of course that’s info from when I made the original reservation back in December of 2018, so I have no idea if that’s still the case.

You should not be charged if you have a tag, but always check your room charges in MDE to make sure it didn't happen accidentally. They are all over the place with parking fees.

None of my ADRs are cancelled. I arrive at BWV on July 11th. I’m wondering if they are going to stay, because I am in the 60 day window. Any thoughts?

Edit - I have tickets and resort reservation

None of my ADRs are cancelled. I arrive at BWV on July 11th. I’m wondering if they are going to stay, because I am in the 60 day window. Any thoughts?

There will not be any ADRs under the current ADR system. I'm well within my 60 day window and some have ADRs have started to get cancelled. They are cancelling them piecemeal - restaurant by restaurant.

Once the new reservations system is in place, you will be able to make reservations for parks, and I believe restaurants through there too:
"Unfortunately, these new measures have also required us to cancel any dining reservations, experience reservations and FastPass+ selections you may have made. You will be provided with early access to book new dining and experiences. "

There will not be any ADRs under the current system. I'm well within my 60 day window and some have ADRs have started to get cancelled. They are cancelling them piecemeal - restaurant by restaurant.
Exactly. I have a July 4 resort with AP and my ADRs are now all gone. Had Toppolino's, Ale & Compass and another one that came and went so fast I don't even remember what it was anymore 😂

Buses are expected but disney hasn’t discussed them yet.

We should get reservation details within the next week or two.
There was a statement in the DVC reopening email that said limited Disney transportation would be available at the resorts starting on June 22. I think that has to be buses.

Will there be anything work listening to on this for the GP? Will it possibly give us an idea of how many CMs they are expecting to call back or how soon their training and cast/ap previews might start? I have a feeling the previews will be over a much longer period than Universal. A week, maybe even 2.

1. It would give the cast more time to train and be ready to hit the ground running with paying guests.

2. It gives an opportunity for APs to come several times before the GP and them being potentially locked out only being able to reserve a certain number of days. It would soften the blow a bit I think to give them more than once chance to come before July 11.
Did you mean to quote me? I was just listing the thread/post that talked about The 6 different emails.

Not sure to what you're referring here?
I thought the original post was saying no busses, which just hasn't been addressed. Sorry, it wasn't specifically addressed toward you. It was more just a general comment that came to mind with my response.

I read that MNSSHP is still happening.

But I am confused because Disney is rolling out that park reservation system. And they said there wouldn't be parades or fireworks. So it would just be uh, rides and trick or treating?
At this point even the trick and treating probably isnt guaranteed!

I wonder how late they will leave it before announcing what that actual experience of MNSSHP will be like under the new normal?

At this point even the trick and treating probably isnt guaranteed!

I wonder how late they will leave it before announcing what that actual experience of MNSSHP will be like under the new normal?

My wild guess is that August parties get canceled and maybe even some September ones. Once they can bring back parades, characters and fireworks the parties will resume. There's no point to the parties without those elements.

Exact same scenario here except July 14th

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter