Crowds This Week

DisSurfer878

DIS Veteran
Watching the app and it looks like crowds are lulling this week in advance of Easter.

Do you guys think it will stay like this for the next few days, or do you think tomorrow and Friday will be busy again?

We’re here now and are shocked at the low crowds. We came expecting massive spring break crowds. I think tomorrow will probably pick up a little bit and we expect decent crowds on Friday for Dapper Day weekend. Just a guess tho. It’s been a great surprise

We’re here now and are shocked at the low crowds. We came expecting massive spring break crowds. I think tomorrow will probably pick up a little bit and we expect decent crowds on Friday for Dapper Day weekend. Just a guess tho. It’s been a great surprise
Glad you were pleasantly surprised! I know how stressed you were over it!

I agree. We were in Disneyland last weekend. We took full advantage of MaxPass and Single Rider lines. But I think the longest we waited was a half hour - that was on the Incredicoaster where the single rider line was being poorly implemented. I was shocked at how short the rides were. Most of the fastpass times on Monday were pretty close to current - excluding the biggies like Radiator Springs Racers. There was one point, they had a 15 minute wait for Buzz Lightyear, but the Fastpasses were for the current time. We grabbed a fastpass, used it, requested another one immediately. I couldn't believe others were waiting in the line. We went about 5 times in a row.

I really think a lot of families are postponing their trip until Star Wars opens. This will be our last trip for a couple years, until that excitement dies down. But if you can schedule it for April/May, I'd do it!

I think one small factor, at least for the local set, is that Coachella starts this Friday. That might have some effect on Dapper Days, too -- I forgot that it conflicted last year, as well as conflicting with Viva Las Vegas! Our friends who do Coachella every year are putting all their energy into planning for that -- no DLR this week!

I think one small factor, at least for the local set, is that Coachella starts this Friday. That might have some effect on Dapper Days, too -- I forgot that it conflicted last year, as well as conflicting with Viva Las Vegas! Our friends who do Coachella every year are putting all their energy into planning for that -- no DLR this week!
I agree.

I've been watching this week with curiosity. It started when @WonkaKid posted that Sunday was surprisingly quiet and a beautiful day. I wondered if Monday would flow back to busy, as discussed so often lately.

Nope. TP has 1 or 2 out of 10 in their history for Mon, Tues, Wed. This is based on their app data, not projection. Amazing.

Easter is late again this year. We encountered these low crowds two years ago with Easter on 4/23/17 and I think it really spreads out Spring Break. Note Dapper Day was weekend after Easter 2017. This year it's weekend before Easter.

Same thing happened this past holiday season with an early Thanksgiving on the 22nd. There was an "extra" week before December and it was really nice crowd levels.

I've been watching this week with curiosity. It started when @WonkaKid posted that Sunday was surprisingly quiet and a beautiful day. I wondered if Monday would flow back to busy, as discussed so often lately.

Nope. TP has 1 or 2 out of 10 in their history for Mon, Tues, Wed. This is based on their app data, not projection. Amazing.

Easter is late again this year. We encountered these low crowds two years ago with Easter on 4/23/17 and I think it really spreads out Spring Break. Note Dapper Day was weekend after Easter 2017. This year it's weekend before Easter.

Same thing happened this past holiday season with an early Thanksgiving on the 22nd. There was an "extra" week before December and it was really nice crowd levels.

It may seem odd, but I also wonder if Coachella this weekend has anything to do with it, as it tends to draw local SoCal crowds. Probably not, but just a thought

Sure that makes sense to me. Coachella has never been on my radar but Wiki says it draws 250k people. Yowser.

So we must be between Spring Breaks and Coachella keeping local APs away. Gotta put that in the archives!

Today looks like a repeat. 30 mins Space & 60 mins RSR at 1:30 PM. Yes, please.

We popped over for dinner and a walk last night (we try to do this about once a week).

Got there about 7:00, booked Space at 8:20, ate dinner (Ralph Brennan's), rode Space then booked MP for BTMRR at 8:55, walked over and rode it, then booked Indy for 9:05. Walked over and there was NOBODY in the queue. We didn't encounter any other people until the room with the video. When we got to the stairs, everybody else went left, so we went right and were the only people on that side. Walked right up to a CM waiting for anybody to show up.

At that point, almost all the rides in DL were instant MP. DH wanted to ride Guardians so we walked over and got in line about 9:35 and exited the ride about 9:59.

It was amazing!

I hope this holds up after Easter as well. We are headed there the week before Mother's Day and are really hoping for light crowds. It's not a once in a lifetime trip but the more my husband enjoys it the easier it is for me to get back :)

I hope this holds up after Easter as well. We are headed there the week before Mother's Day and are really hoping for light crowds. It's not a once in a lifetime trip but the more my husband enjoys it the easier it is for me to get back :)

Wishing you good luck. If not clear above, Easter is late again this year as it was in 2017. We visited that week and it was really nice. The current ticket promo could be a factor. But delayed demand for Star Wars opening could counteract that.

TouringPlans does say 9 that week. But it said the same in 2017 and it was about half that. I recall it even said "10" for Easter and it was 3 or 4.

But plan for worse and hope you are surprised.

Crowds have been surprisingly light for the last 6 days. I expected heavy crowds this week but we’ve been very fortunate. I’ve gone on Easter Day and had “light” crowds with the 2 following days busy but very manageable if you know what you’re doing. Hopefully Easter 2019 will be similar!

Last edited:
We got here around 1 today, and it’s been far lighter than most weekdays. I’m amazed at the lack of crowds at 5:45 on a Friday. There’s still lots of front-row parade viewing available for the 6:00 parade. This week was really the calm in between all the spring breaks!

This week seems to be the week in between a lot of spring breaks. I expect crowds to be bad next week when LAUSD is off.

I will agree with this. I am going twice next week with friends who have kids/siblings in the LAUSD system and many of their friends have stated they will be going as well. We’re expecting to have a mostly chill day and not try to fight the crowds for attractions, even though only Deluxe passes and up are valid.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter