Crowds This Week

I was shocked...SHOCKED at how low the crowds were last week when we went. Our park days were Apr. 13-17. It's our fifth trip to SoCal to come to DLR in the last five years and this was by far and away the lowest crowds we've ever experienced. We did maxpass on Apr. 16th and we pretty much ran out of things to do at the end. I think we did 10 maxpass rides that day and covered all the big rides in both parks. We have a 3 month old and did a ton of rider switch as well. So whatever the reason (maybe the price increases or people waiting for SWGE), we had an incredible trip.

I think the fact that Easter Sunday was *so* late this year (April 21st) spreading out all the Spring Breaks much more, as well as the SoCal APs being blocked (as well as the special deal SoCal tickets being blocked that week) really kept the crowds low. We went twice that week and I also couldn't believe the short standby times. It was lovely!

I think the fact that Easter Sunday was *so* late this year (April 21st) spreading out all the Spring Breaks much more, as well as the SoCal APs being blocked (as well as the special deal SoCal tickets being blocked that week) really kept the crowds low...
These were big factors, and throw Coachella into the mix! When Easter is so late, school districts spread out their breaks. So the "norm" of most schools choosing the week or two before and the week or two after the holiday turns into schools putting their break anywhere from early March through the end of April. That's a pretty big spread! Then the lower AP blockout combined with the promotional ticket blockout was a real bonus! And Coachella really drew away a lot of people. All our friends who go to the festival and who also have passes chose to focus all their energy and money away from DLR for Coachella.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter