Crocs - What a Crock!

The best place online that I have found to buy Crocs is on the Dick's Sporting Goods website. I ordered my pair at Zappos.com and had to wait 3-4 weeks because they were on "back order". I ordered three pairs from Dicks (three seperate times) for my sons and each pair arrived in about three days!

My sons and I all LOVE our Crocs! We wore them to Kings Island for 3 days and Cedar Point for four days (8-10 hour days!) and had NO PROBLEMS at all. I walk a LOT at work and I wear my Crocs every time....and I absolutely LOVE them!

I've bought mine at shoebuy, but their stock has been low. I've particularly been looking for sassaris. Anyway, I found a new place shoesonashoestring.com that has a whole bunch of crocs. Pricing is average, and shipping is $8 for the first pair - although if you order $99 it is free! I ordered yesterday and they were shipped today! :banana: No tax b/c I'm in CA and they are in AZ.

I have the athens which I love, but I've found that when they get wet, they are slippery! They also don't have enough support for me, so while they are great for just bumming around and going shopping, I wouldn't do a day of parks in them. I also have Primas which are terrible b/c of the sizing. I bought some Cleos also, but those are going back b/c they are too small. I tried on the next larger size at Macy's but decided I didn't like them...

I have 6 pairs of Crocs and I love them, but they are not without flaws. My pink Disney Crocs are HUGE even though they are the same size as my others. I sent one pair back because they were even BIGGER than the pair I have now! There is no way I can wear them without socks.

I have never had blisters from my Crocs, but when I wore them at WDW last summer I got those same blisters on the sides of my feet that other folks have mentioned. I just think the amount of walking is so huge that even well worn shoes will blister. I also had blisters from my Birkenstocks (big toe) and my Tevas (little toe), so I ended up coming home in flip flops because those were the only shoes that didn't touch the blisters!

DS wore ankle socks with his Crocs at WDW. He looked ridiculous but he didn't have a single blister. This year I bought some low cut socks for him.;)

I have a very special pair that I'm sure everyone here will like. :) they are DISNEY CROCS!! :cloud9:
http://shop.crocs.com/pc-61-4-disne...=41p&subsectionname=footwear&section=products
that's the link for a picture and they also have pirate crocs! :)
My mom, me and my brother all have the Disney crocs.:upsidedow They are so cute because instead of the generic circles on the top they have the three circles in the shape of a mickey head. THEY'RE ADORABLE!!:love:
I honestly haven't worn mine that much but my brother wears them 24-7 and loves them. He hasn't told me of any blisters but then again he ware's his with socks a lot of the time so that may be the reason.:confused3
I know my mom ordered them through the internet but I'm not sure which site she used so i have no input there, but I do like my crocs and they haven't given me any problems. ;)

We ran into display of Crocs the other day. I called DH over to check them out. I was thinking there is no way hes going to buy these!

I told him how a lot of people here just love em!

Someone else told me at Olive Garden she bought them after knee surgery and wont wear anything else. DH just had knee surgery.

He tried them on and bought them. We bought a pair for DS (5) too.
DS can put them on and we dont have to worry about tieing them!!
We bought them at a garden center.

They love them! DH said, "Thanks for telling me about these shoes!":love:

Im still looking for Disney ones.

My problem is, if I buy the black and red ones, I have one outfit they will match. Why dont they make them all black?
Do you wear them even tho they do not match your clothes????

I had posted this on another forum but I think it would fit here as well...

Kind of off topic...but I once heard great advise about Disney & blisters. Lots of women, like myself, before going on vacation get a pedicure & that's the worst thing you can do. This causes blisters, because they exfoliate the dead skin off so there's no protection for your foot. If you're like me & you HAVE to have your toes done, just do it yourself or tell them not to exfoliate at all. :thumbsup2

Im still looking for Disney ones.

My problem is, if I buy the black and red ones, I have one outfit they will match. Why dont they make them all black?
Do you wear them even tho they do not match your clothes????

I found out that my mom got ours at Dick's sporting goods.;)
As far as "Do you ware them even though they don't match your clothes"... like I said I don't ware mine much, but my brother wares them no matter what.
I also don't know if you know, but they make them in creamish and pink also.(princess) those might match more than black and red.:)

If you want actual Crocs, I'd suggest ordering from zappos.com They have the most awesome customer service and you CAN reach a real person (a real person who is very helpful, I might add).

I second the motion about zappos.com! They're wonderful. I ordered a pair of shoes about two weeks ago. When they arrived (right on schedule), I found that, in addition to the ones I ordered, they had sent me an extra pair (of a different shoe). I called Zappos and asked them how to ship the "mistake" back. They were so grateful for my honesty in returning the pair I didn't order, they send me a free coupon for $25 off my next purchase! Needless to say, I'm a loyal Zappos customer!

Since I started this little discussion, I figured this was a good time to give an update. For anyone who's in the valley of decision or new to this board, it's been a year since I got my crocs and they are still amazing! Just got back from Spain and I was in major pain after wearing "cute" sandals for the 24 hours it took us to get to our resort.

Got a foot massage on the beach the next morning and slipped on my crocs and by the next day my feet were back to normal. BTW I saw crocs in stores and being worn while I was in Spain!

I LOVE my crocs! Get the real deals. They are worth twice as much as I paid. No worries, no color issues. Are they the most fashionable or cute shoes I've ever worn, no. Are they the only shoes I'll trust not to hurt my feet? You bet!

Thanks to everyone for giving such great tips on how to NOT go through my ordeal. Now I have shopping options for my next croc purchase.

Okay, let me start off by saying, I wear crocs all the time, I even wear mammoth ones in the winter here in Michigan with socks, that's how much I love my crocs.

BUT, my 7 year old, doesn't do so well with crocs. She has a flat foot... i've bought her mary jane crocs, and flip flop crocs, and beach crocs and disney crocs, and they all cause blisters on the inside of her foot where the circle is that attaches the strap to the shoe.

She complained of toe pain, for so long I took her to the podiatrist, had xrays done, etc... her foot was fine, but it was the crocs causing her problems. The podiatrist said he HATES crocs, and called them crap. He said that the reason her toe hurt was because when she walks the feet slip forward from sweating and she jams her toe into the front of the shoe over and over again, which in turns jams the toe and causes pain. He also said the blisters are caused by having flat feet.

Flat feeted people tend to walk inward while they walk, and he said there is no way around it. He told me to get her out of the crocs NOW, or she will continue to have problems with her feet.

So no more crocs for her. For me however... I still love them for me....no matter what he says... but for my little girl, she ends up in too much pain from them.

I wish she had an option without those stupid little buttons... but then her toe would still jam up... UGH@

Wow, sorry you had a bad experience with them - that had to be frustrating.

I've only had good experiences with them.

I've ordered from their site on 3 separate occasions and always had fast service.

The first time, I even had to exchange a pair, since they weren't wide enough for me (a certain style)...and it was quick and painless.

During this latest sale, I ordered 4 pair of Athens, since they were buy one/get one, and had them in about a week's time.

I have also gotten some of my Crocs from Zappos & also try a site called 6pm. I got some from there. I have also gotten them directly from Crocs. Sometimes I get them in good time & sometimes it takes weeks.

I may be getting off topic....but I will add that I love my Crocs and never had any issue with ordering on line. However, my off topic comment for those who get blisters is from another thread I recently saw and tried this time on our WDW vacation and that's Dr. Scholl's Moleskin. DH ALWAYS got blisters during our WDW vacations and this time the moleskin proved to be our miracle cure!! Just thought I'd throw it out there....

I ordered a pair of Crocs for my daughter and the back strap got sliced in two about 4 weeks after she got them. I called Crocs for a replacement strap (they will send them and the "buttons" on the side for free), and was told they didn't have any in stock, but to wait 2 weeks and they'd be in. Waited 3 weeks and called back, and they were still out of stock, but the girl I spoke to said we were within our 60 day manufacturer's warrantee period, so she would replace the shoes for free. I explained that it wasn't a defect in the shoe, but that my daughter had cut it when playing. She said it didn't matter, and emailed me a return shipping label for free. After they got the tracking # from the returned shoes, they immediately sent out my free pair, and according to FedEx's tracking website, they will be here tomorrow. I know some of you have not had very good experiences with Crocs, but I was very impressed with their customer service on this, and will definitely order from them again in the future. I might add, that these were $5 Mary Janes that I got on clearance (with free shipping, to boot!), so the fact that they replaced them no problem really impressed me.

I had the same issue with the Crocs website last summer (and so did my Mom with a seperate order). I waited over six weeks with my dd3 saying "Are my purple crocs here yet?" every day. Finally I called and left long, pleading, begging messages at every number I could find- "Please, if it is about the adult shoes...just cancel them....just send the child's shoes...please!!!". Two weeks later, both set of shoes showed up. My mother was still waiting for her order 8 weeks after she placed it. She ended up buying the knock-offs so she would have something.

This year, I learned. I went to Nordstrom and Von Mauer and bought Crocs for all! The company may annoying...but they have great shoes!

I got Crocs for my DD from Von Mauer too and purple ones to boot. It made me giggle and think of her at age 3, her crocs (aside from being her fave shoes) were her bug stomping shoes..."Look out spider...I'm gonna step on YOOOUU with my big PURPLE shoe!!!":lmao:

I have a pair of Crocs and was not impressed with them, I do like the flip flop ones though. I DO NOT recommend buying any knock-off brands unless you like the smell of stinky feet.

A couple of months before my February trip to WDW I saw that the Hallmark store in my local mall had the Disney Crocs on clearance so I bought myself a pair. I LOVE THEM!!!! They look huge on me but they fit nicely and I've never had any problems with them. I was so glad to have a pair of shoes that I could wear without socks at WDW.

They unfortunately didn't have any that fit my kids right so we kept looking for shoes for them. We ended up the Payless further down the mall and we found the Airwalk version. These fit my girls perfectly. They also came in some pretty nice patters which made them very happy (DD8 got white with pink & grey hearts, DD11 got American flag pattern with light-up strap). DD11 has since outgrown hers. About a month ago, I found a pair of dark kakhi green ones in her size at a garage sale for $4 :cool1: and they fit her perfectly (maybe slightly large but she's not complaining) so we bought them. Hopefully they'll still fit come December. DD11's old ones almost fit DD9 so I'm hoping they'll fit just right come December.

On the Budget board a few weeks ago I saw the BOGO sale plus 25% discount code for crocs.com so I decided to take a look. I really wanted a pair that would look good with a skirt or dress (those Mickey ones just don't look right with any outfit that's not super casual) and I saw some Mickey ones in DH's size as well. Of course I ordered them. That was 08/31. Today, 09/15, the order is showing as still processing and the Mickey pair says out of stock. I'm wondering how long it's going to take to process. We have 4 months before our trip so it's not like I'm in a rush, but it would be nice to get some communication. Wish me luck getting our shoes.

Sometimes I think I'm the only person in the world who thinks crocs are uncomfortable.

I got a pair to wear, made sure they fit right and still my legs and feet hurt plus I ended up with a blister near the strap area and I've never gotten a blister before from any shoes.

DD9 liked hers for about 1/2 a day and then she said her feet hurt.

I tried picking up croc flip flops this summer but they weren't comfy at all. I give up on Crocs.

Sometimes I think I'm the only person in the world who thinks crocs are uncomfortable.

I got a pair to wear, made sure they fit right and still my legs and feet hurt plus I ended up with a blister near the strap area and I've never gotten a blister before from any shoes.

DD9 liked hers for about 1/2 a day and then she said her feet hurt.

I tried picking up croc flip flops this summer but they weren't comfy at all. I give up on Crocs.

You aren't the only one!! I have pretty flat feet, previously fallen arches, and Crocs just don't do it for me. I think even if I didn't have that issue, there is still the fact that once they get wet I have found them IMPOSSIBLE to walk in and, at least with the mary jane style, they make a more-than-a-little-embarrassing sound. I wanted them to be great, but they aren't for me either.

I have to have something with real support - not mush... sadly, because I do love a festively colored shoe!! :3dglasses

I just wanted to point out that the OP's post was from 2006, and I'm sure customer service has changed since then. And the OP updated in 2007 saying she liked the shoes.

I hope no one takes what the OP said about her CS experience in '06 as being current info.

It's always odd when ancient posts get dredged up!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter