Credit for Mousekeeping Rumor

So if no guests except the gift card, no jobs are lost?

Can someone copy/paste for me? Can't see that link at work

Here you go:
Many Crew members on my Facebook group reported yesterday that they were offered Disney gift cards in exchange for not having their rooms cleaned.

As the guests were checking into All Star Movies resort, they were told that they could receive a $20 per day Disney gift card in exchange for denying room cleaning services for their entire stay. One person stated that they received an $80 gift card for a 4 night stay and another said they received $140 for a 7 night stay.

Each guest reported that they could receive towel service and request toiletries as they needed, but their sheets would not be changed and there would be no vacuum or cleaning of any kind offered.

If you accept this offer MouseKeeping will also not provide those cute little towel creatures on your bed each evening. This is said to be a test and no word on if it will spread to other resorts or when it will end.

I will state that I noticed that this was a very normal policy for hotels in Denmark when we visited recently. They say it saves on water, power and wear and tear on the sheets.

Would YOU accept $20 per night for not having your room cleaned during your trip?

OK well, $20 per night, better deal than I initially expected. But you'd have to reject it up front. Bad deal if you have little kids and uh, those kids sometimes have accidents/nosebleeds/whatever. I'm just really surprised they're paying people to opt out. This gift card has to be the test balloon right? If enough take the card, they start charging the resort fee and as a prior poster said, offer a credit based on declining housekeeping? Or worse yet charging per use? Now, I'm starting up with DVC stays now, so I totally expected that extra housekeeping charge but most people who book a hotel kind of expect it to be included. I see some unhappy guests in the future.

I hope I can op out when I go down next time.

paid $80 a night for a room and $20 back now this good deal I got just got better.

I'm shocked they aren't considering housekeeping as an upcharge instead. ;)

Seriously, no chance would I take a payoff for no housekeeping. It's one of the things I love about vacation.
100%. In fact, I'm so far in the NO category, we're renting DVC this time and I'm paying extra for daily cleaning. Somebody needs to clean and mommy is on vacation :)

OK well, $20 per night, better deal than I initially expected. But you'd have to reject it up front. Bad deal if you have little kids and uh, those kids sometimes have accidents/nosebleeds/whatever. I'm just really surprised they're paying people to opt out. This gift card has to be the test balloon right? If enough take the card, they start charging the resort fee and as a prior poster said, offer a credit based on declining housekeeping? Or worse yet charging per use? Now, I'm starting up with DVC stays now, so I totally expected that extra housekeeping charge but most people who book a hotel kind of expect it to be included. I see some unhappy guests in the future.

If you use a disney gift card...who gets the money in the end?

Less employees and the same or MORE money...sounds like a gold plated shell game to me...

If it truly is $20/night+you can get towels; it's perfect for us. We are only 2 people with no kids and all we need is towels. We don't need vacuuming and sheets changed. I've even noticed with Disney sheets, the longer you go without them changing them, the softer they feel. We usually stay 7 nights, that would mean $140 which could mean (numbers are approximations, spare me arguments that I'm $2.37 off so the gift card thing is BAD):
-memory maker
-extra table service character meal
-extra night at a value
-dessert party
-extra park ticket
-more souvenirs

I'm just curious why so many people are so adamant they MUST HAVE service everyday. I don't understand how your room is that much in need of vacuuming EACH day. I would argue personal habits need to be changed if you have to clean that much at home each and every day.

If it truly is $20/night+you can get towels; it's perfect for us. We are only 2 people with no kids and all we need is towels. We don't need vacuuming and sheets changed. I've even noticed with Disney sheets, the longer you go without them changing them, the softer they feel. We usually stay 7 nights, that would mean $140 which could mean (numbers are approximations, spare me arguments that I'm $2.37 off so the gift card thing is BAD):
-memory maker
-extra table service character meal
-extra night at a value
-dessert party
-extra park ticket
-more souvenirs

I'm just curious why so many people are so adamant they MUST HAVE service everyday. I don't understand how your room is that much in need of vacuuming EACH day. I would argue personal habits need to be changed if you have to clean that much at home each and every day.

Try running a household of 5 for a while without a housekeeper. Then I think you'll understand why it's a big deal to some for a few days on vacation.

Seems to me many here are of the "I don't have to clean it up, I'm on vacation and that's what the maid is for," mentality.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter