CPAP Cleaning

I clean the tubing weekly. On a trip I would let it go a few extra days. I use dove soap and warm water and let things air dry. No reason I couldn't do that on a ship.

I also splurged on a mini CPAP that I use for travel. It's so much easier to haul around and doesn't need the distilled water. It has a humidity cartridge that adds humidity instead.

Just a head's up, my original CPAP machine was part of a recall from Phillips because devices like SoClean caused internal parts to slowly deteriorate and get into the breathing tube. They strongly recommend you not use SoClean.
The machines are still recalled even if you didn’t use the SoClean. My husband has one and the place we go to get parts said it was something in the machine it self that break downs. Maybe the So Clean breaks it down faster? He is waiting to get a replacement but since there are so many machines out there it will take awhile.

Again as I stated before all these aftermarket cleaning machines are causing issues with CPAPs. Again dish soap and hot water is the best way to clean your components.

It takes me 3 minutes each morning to clean my tubing and mask and reservoir. I then hang dry and forget about it. If you care about your health cleaning your parts is a no brainer.

The machines are still recalled even if you didn’t use the SoClean. My husband has one and the place we go to get parts said it was something in the machine it self that break downs. Maybe the So Clean breaks it down faster? He is waiting to get a replacement but since there are so many machines out there it will take awhile.

The way they said it in the email, I was under the impression that SoClean was causing this foam filter to break down and particles were entering into hose. I never used a SoClean (I was told not to) but my machine was still part of the recall. So I filled out the form in the recall email I received and eventually a brand new DreamStation2 arrived along with instructions on how to send back my old machine. It was already pre-programmed with my Rx and provider info. All I really had to do was transfer the memory card from the old machine to the new machine.
And this machine isn't as bulky as the first one, so it made packing it for the cruise easier since it took up less room in the suitcase.

Reactions: NAB

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter