CP Job Descriptions Thread

Character attendant (in my opinion) is a great role. I love getting to work with the characters, and work in all 4 parks. Also, the hours are not too bad. The only time you usually work late is if you are assigned to dining, Toontown, Epcot WS (a couple of places are opened later then others), and maybe EMH (if you get it). Other then that, most are morning/afternoon shifts.

This sounds like fun. I am doing my CP in Spring of 09'. I think I wanna work Rockin' Roller Coaster. Any thoughts?

This sounds like fun. I am doing my CP in Spring of 09'. I think I wanna work Rockin' Roller Coaster. Any thoughts?

When you interview, make sure to let the recruiter know that if possible, you would love to work there. Hopefully they will be able to make it work.

My dd starts college next fall and she is a dancer. She was wondering if anyone could post information about dancing at WDW. Thanks!!!:goodvibes

It doesn't seem like anyone has done Lifeguarding.....not a good role I'm guessing....

I've actually heard a lot of good things about lifeguarding. The hours are good, you get to spend time outside, you're pay is higher than most CP roles. Also, it'd be a lot of fun to work at one of the water parks, if you got those locations; a lot of people have been to Disney World multiple times without ever going to the parks and they're a good time.

I did CP back in 2001 (yes, I'm old for this board - but just watch this thread). I met my best friend working at RNRC. It's a great place to work - lots of enthusiastic people and good hours since it's the studios. The front row line they've added seems to help out too.

As a second option, the merchandise store at RNRC had a bunch of really cool/fun people working there too!

My dd starts college next fall and she is a dancer. She was wondering if anyone could post information about dancing at WDW. Thanks!!!:goodvibes

There really isn't much in the way of dancing for the CP. The only real CP dancing roles falls under entertainment (parades and shows).

I was part of the opening team for the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique at Cinderella's Castle. (Yes, I was a FGIT.)

The role requires you to be female, able to climb 3 flights of stairs everyday (though there is a way around that), and capable of standing on your feet for 6-12hrs a day.

You'll also have 1 week of training with a trainer who'll teach you the 3 hairstyles, the rules, and other items related to the Boutique. Afterwards you'll have 2 wks of probation where you'll be monitored while you're with guests.

From there, everything is a piece of cake. There's no register training, you can't work for the DD Boutique, but you *can* accept tips. The only downside is that the Boutique is *incredibly* busy 24/7, so you must be able to deal with a high-volume work atmosphere. However, there's set hours for the Boutique so you'll never have a "till 3am" shift followed by a "8am open".

...And there's always the added benefit of air-conditioning!

ive been considering lifeguarding as one of my choices, because well, ive been guarding for 7 years now hahaha. but i was wondering if disney takes your cert. cards, or if you have to take the entire guard test for them? or is it just a required swim test? just wondering whats involved with that and what the training is like, etc.

i would really like to do attractions since its something different than guarding, and i would really like to try something new. but then again, being in a different state, working, and knowing my job really well already isnt such a bad thing either. i dont know! i have to decide hahaa

You have to take a swim test down in FL for the lifeguard role.

I was part of the opening team for the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique at Cinderella's Castle. (Yes, I was a FGIT.)

The role requires you to be female, able to climb 3 flights of stairs everyday (though there is a way around that), and capable of standing on your feet for 6-12hrs a day.

You'll also have 1 week of training with a trainer who'll teach you the 3 hairstyles, the rules, and other items related to the Boutique. Afterwards you'll have 2 wks of probation where you'll be monitored while you're with guests.

From there, everything is a piece of cake. There's no register training, you can't work for the DD Boutique, but you *can* accept tips. The only downside is that the Boutique is *incredibly* busy 24/7, so you must be able to deal with a high-volume work atmosphere. However, there's set hours for the Boutique so you'll never have a "till 3am" shift followed by a "8am open".

...And there's always the added benefit of air-conditioning!

That sounds like so much fun!! Especially since you get to make make the kids' dreams come true every minute of the day! Something to consider.

I still think I would rather do the character attendant though. Disney characters have been close to since I was a little girl so it would be amazing just to hang out with them all day! Plus you get to move around the parks and chat with all the guests which is such a great bonus! :D

I still think I would rather do the character attendant though. Disney characters have been close to since I was a little girl so it would be amazing just to hang out with them all day! Plus you get to move around the parks and chat with all the guests which is such a great bonus! :D

That's the best part, getting to work in all 4 parks! I have worked in so many different areas. It's awsome!:goodvibes

ive been considering lifeguarding as one of my choices, because well, ive been guarding for 7 years now hahaha. but i was wondering if disney takes your cert. cards, or if you have to take the entire guard test for them? or is it just a required swim test? just wondering whats involved with that and what the training is like, etc.

i would really like to do attractions since its something different than guarding, and i would really like to try something new. but then again, being in a different state, working, and knowing my job really well already isnt such a bad thing either. i dont know! i have to decide hahaa

I would definitely consider lifeguarding unless you're really sick of it. You'll definitely be qualified, which will make your training/transition much easier. That being said, lifeguard is also one of the best-paid positions in the CP (I've heard somewhere around $8, versus the $6.79 attractions makes). It sounds like a small difference but that extra money really adds up. It's a $48.40 difference in a 40-hour week, which could be your entire food budget. If money's not an issue and you're sick of guarding, go for attractions, but the extra cash is definitely worth considering.

I would definitely consider lifeguarding unless you're really sick of it. You'll definitely be qualified, which will make your training/transition much easier. That being said, lifeguard is also one of the best-paid positions in the CP (I've heard somewhere around $8, versus the $6.79 attractions makes). It sounds like a small difference but that extra money really adds up. It's a $48.40 difference in a 40-hour week, which could be your entire food budget. If money's not an issue and you're sick of guarding, go for attractions, but the extra cash is definitely worth considering.

thanks kroberts! thats a great point! something ill definitely consider!
it never hurts to have a little extra cash haha.

I asked my Campus Rep about Photopass and the CM giving the presentation said to put it down on my Check list because it was a possibility. Has anyone done Photopass? Also, for attractions do you have any say as to what ride you are attending or is that left up to the computer as well?

I asked my Campus Rep about Photopass and the CM giving the presentation said to put it down on my Check list because it was a possibility. Has anyone done Photopass? Also, for attractions do you have any say as to what ride you are attending or is that left up to the computer as well?

When I was there (granted it was in 2001 before photopass was implemented), the picture people were employeed by a vendor (Kodak) and not Disney. Thus a CP couldn't do photopass. This might have changed though.

Something to keep in mind for the future if you are interested in photography, Disney does offer photography/media professional internships in both CA & FL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter