CP Dinner Package Questions for the experts!

Kim&Chris

DIS Veteran
We're planning on doing Epcot/Candlelight Processional on 12/9/02, which is a Monday. It seems that Mondays (historically) only have had two shows, one at 6:45 and 8:15.

When you buy the dinner package, do you have a choice of eating before or after the show?

If I had my wish, we'd be able to do CP at 6:45, then Alfredo's at around 7:45, then be done by the time Illuminations starts. Does that sound realistic, or am I just kidding myself :rolleyes: ?

Any suggestions would be appreciated!:bounce:

FWIW, this year you will have the option of a 5:00 show every day.

In previous years, the CM gave you some times to choose from after you specify the date, show time and restaurant. (There are special blocks of PS times reserved for those who purchase the dinner package). I don't know for sure if you can eat after the 6:45 show or not - when we've seen it at that time, we've always eaten before the show. However, if I had to guess, I'd say that you WILL be able to eat after the 6:45 show. I think your plan sounds reasonable. We've always found that we need to allow 60 -80 minutes for a nice sit down meal. Enjoy your trip!

They have set times that they will give you depending on which show you are attending. Last year we did dinner before the show and this year I am switching it to eating after the show. The restaurants are very crowded and you end up waiting to be seated. I know we would have had a more relaxing meal if we did not have the worry of having enough time to get in line for the show. I think your plan sounds great, you might not get seated for dinner until after 7:45 but that will still give you plenty of time to have a relaxing meal and see Illuminations.

Are reservations now being taken for the CP? If not, when? Needressies for December 30

Originally posted by nuthut
Are reservations now being taken for the CP? If not, when? Needressies for December 30

Current info (rumors) say the CP Dinner Packages will go on sale Monday, August 12. In the past, as soon as they go on sale, you can get them for any day. There's no 60, 90, 120 day windows for these packages. I'll probably call tomorrow and see if I can verify the date. Phone lines will be busy on Monday if it's true!

I'm a bit puzzled as I heard on Friday that tickets would not be on sale until 8/15.....maybe the CM I spoke to was out of the loop of things. I too will call tomorrow just in case. This will be our 1st Christmastime trip and I'd like to get our package as soon as possible. Is there a chance they sell out or is it just that you have to settle for what's left?

Originally posted by cgcw
I'm a bit puzzled as I heard on Friday that tickets would not be on sale until 8/15.....maybe the CM I spoke to was out of the loop of things. I too will call tomorrow just in case. This will be our 1st Christmastime trip and I'd like to get our package as soon as possible. Is there a chance they sell out or is it just that you have to settle for what's left?

I've not heard of the packages ever selling out except perhaps for Christmas Eve or other dates around/near to Christmas. There is a chance that your preferred restaurarnt and time will sell out, but that is unlikely to happen right away. No need to worry if you can't call on the first day the packages become available. I usually wait until most of the details are posted here - there are lots of generous people who post as oon as they find out specifics. Most who call right away either want to go close to Christmas or are just anxious to have their trips all taken care of - it's a "hazard" of reading these boards, IMHO.

Enjoy your trip! You are in for a treat!

Thanks CarolMN......I teeter on the need to plan and not wanting to miss out on something. The hazard of this board for me is that I'd get a lot more done otherwise if I'd just lock the computer up for a day or two. Thanks for the info.

Originally posted by cgcw
Thanks CarolMN......I teeter on the need to plan and not wanting to miss out on something. The hazard of this board for me is that I'd get a lot more done otherwise if I'd just lock the computer up for a day or two. Thanks for the info.

Me, too! :) :) Do you think we need a 12 step program????:teeth: :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter